Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Maugrim posted:

loving hell someone probe this guy already (don't ban him he'll just end up giving money to Lowtax)

rekt

Julio Cruz posted:

"goons are trash and always will be" says the guy who is Extremely Not Mad about not being allowed to join the UKMT goon discord

i came in here thinking this was the last bastion of non poo poo goons and lo and behold everyone i remember is gone and only the rankest turds are left. also what part of "i'm mad as hell" reads as "heh i'm not mad"?

e: for reference, last time i posted itt was 2017 if i recall.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Angepain posted:

i've seen some people posting about a cspam offsite called "breadnroses" or something but I haven't been on there so I can't personally verify how cool and/or good it is

It's alright? The CSPAM and Minority Rapport userbases don't gel fantastically and there were definitely teething problems but it's pretty similar to the left-wing bits of D&D with chiller posting

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

And i thought my snipes were bad

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
"he'll just give money to lowtax!" -guy who'll still be posting here in five years when it's kiwifarms lite.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Maugrim posted:

loving hell someone probe this guy already (don't ban him he'll just end up giving money to Lowtax)

I assume all the mods are too busy to probate awful posters so we have to put up with this poo poo

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Angepain posted:

I assume all the mods are too busy to probate awful posters so we have to put up with this poo poo

not too busy to edit out a goatse, loving cowards.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

mfcrocker posted:

It's alright? The CSPAM and Minority Rapport userbases don't gel fantastically and there were definitely teething problems but it's pretty similar to the left-wing bits of D&D with chiller posting

Do goons get an invite code by default or do I need to give em my :tenbux: (not averse to doing so mind)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Maugrim posted:

Do goons get an invite code by default or do I need to give em my :tenbux: (not averse to doing so mind)

If we can figure a way of doing it safely I can give an invite out but I don't have PM's and gently caress giving an abuser more cash

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DesperateDan posted:

If we can figure a way of doing it safely I can give an invite out but I don't have PM's and gently caress giving an abuser more cash

Entry to the Discord is free and you can pass it to people there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jose Mengelez posted:

you realize jose can make all of this stop by growing a pair of nuts and screencapping the mod forum, specifically the thread on the lowtax drama right?

but he wont, because he sees himself modding gbs and making money for lowtax for the forseeable future. let that percolate through your completely smooth brains for a moment :)

none of this exists you idiot

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Jose Mengelez posted:

rekt

i came in here thinking this was the last bastion of non poo poo goons and lo and behold everyone i remember is gone and only the rankest turds are left. also what part of "i'm mad as hell" reads as "heh i'm not mad"?

e: for reference, last time i posted itt was 2017 if i recall.

The bulldog tenacity... the regdate... the self-assuredness...

I know im dealing with internet royalty but piss off

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheCricketerMag/status/1275403576941187073

Just taking the piss then, now, forever

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

that's the best cricket ground on the face of the earth, imo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jose posted:

none of this exists you idiot
You'll find it harder to take him seriously when you realise that hes been doing this since 7am this morning lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oh he finally self banned lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

That grasping hands meme but theyr grasping over "doctor who is poo poo"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Jedit posted:

Entry to the Discord is free and you can pass it to people there.

Aye I just figured it out ta :)

Anyone else need one, hit me up there provided you are respectabiggle and true to posting

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
This thread has definitely dragged me leftwards and helped me form better opinions on life that I didn't have before. I would be sad if it was no longer here.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I can't stand posting about politics on Facebook (apart from violently agreeing with like minded friends) and Twitter is just confusing, there's nothing yet that beats a discussion forum for discussion. This thread is very valuable to me, like quite a few others elsewhere on the forums, and I don't know where else to go really.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

mrpwase posted:

I can't stand posting about politics on Facebook (apart from violently agreeing with like minded friends) and Twitter is just confusing, there's nothing yet that beats a discussion forum for discussion. This thread is very valuable to me, like quite a few others elsewhere on the forums, and I don't know where else to go really.

The key to enjoying twitter is to use it exclusively for what it is very clearly actually designed for - sharing and collating pictures of cute animals and also sharing and collating snappy jokes.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Archaeology Hat posted:

The key to enjoying twitter is to use it exclusively for what it is very clearly actually designed for - sharing and collating pictures of cute animals and also sharing and collating snappy jokes.

https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1275629424189280257

Don't forget watching people completely failing to get the joke!

e: For clarity just in case I mean the replies to this tweet by a guy who's my current favourite Twitter person, sort of like a much calmer and nicer Dril.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Just wanted to say I was here for the potentially last ever UKMT and you're all great and are a brilliant community to be part of. I hope it can continue in some form elsewhere. I've spent thousands of hours reading SA and this is my favourite place. Monster munch loving, chocolate orange disputing comrades.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

That grasping hands meme but theyr grasping over "doctor who is poo poo"

I only actually liked the Matt Smith era which, apart from the odd bad episode, transcended the absolute poo poo that is the rest of nuWho. But I really liked those seasons so I kind of don't want to write it off completely. But yeah, it's mostly trash.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Is there a specific discord I can attend

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I just had a look at the wayback machine for these forums. This particular (UKMT) thread seems to have been last archived on 4th June. It's the only thread I checked.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Regarde Aduck posted:

I only actually liked the Matt Smith era which, apart from the odd bad episode, transcended the absolute poo poo that is the rest of nuWho. But I really liked those seasons so I kind of don't want to write it off completely. But yeah, it's mostly trash.

I so want to love Jodie Whittaker's seasons but she really really needs a better writer than loving Chibnall. I was willing to give him a shot but all my favourite episodes so far have been the ones not written by him

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Wow, what a crazy day, although of course vaguely depressing in that forum drama is so important to me that I've genuinely talked to my wife about it...

Can anyone explain to me why this is THE END of the forums? Is it because nobody wants to support an abuser, or because he's going to close them down, or what?

From my perspective, I got my account 15 years ago, have never had an av and don't have plat, and am far too much of a lurker to have ever been, or ever get, banned, so I can't see that my usage of the forums is enriching the guy too much.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Discord is tiring. Maybe I'm in too many groups or whatever.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

It’s probably not the end of the forums, at least not immediately. Everyone is disgusted at Lowtax and a few people have self-banned. A lot of people have cancelled their Patreons.

But most likely the forums will continue to limp on for a while. If enough people stay then SA will keep its character, and if enough people leave then it probably becomes an alt-right echo chamber and we’ll all be banned by the new obersturmgruppenmods who don’t mind working for a wife-beater.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Did we shut access to the discord? Link in the OP expired.

zhar
May 3, 2019

I doubt the forums are suddenly going to vanish unless jeffrey decides to take a real stand on this and hit the nuke button. Otherwise lowtax's income will take a hit but the forums will keep running as long as he can squeeze some amount of profit from it and too many people will continue to visit out of habit for it to completely die on that front. It will just slide slightly more into obscurity

would be interesting if the modmin team actually took a stand on this, this time though (other than banning the people calling lowtax out)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Beefeater1980 posted:

Did we shut access to the discord? Link in the OP expired.

Keep trying. People have reported it working the 2nd or 3rd time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Perfect Element posted:

Wow, what a crazy day, although of course vaguely depressing in that forum drama is so important to me that I've genuinely talked to my wife about it...

Can anyone explain to me why this is THE END of the forums? Is it because nobody wants to support an abuser, or because he's going to close them down, or what?

From my perspective, I got my account 15 years ago, have never had an av and don't have plat, and am far too much of a lurker to have ever been, or ever get, banned, so I can't see that my usage of the forums is enriching the guy too much.

Mostly just "don't want to support an abuser while also wanting to keep "the community" alive" as far as I can tell.

I dunno, I've not bought an avatar or given any money since signing up & I think buying the No Ads upgrade but that's it. But if the people I like reading stop posting then there's no longer much reason to hang around. So I think it's probably just another slight acceleration in the slow death of this place as much as anything.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I can't / won't do Discord, but I will get back into the UKMT IRC to grumble about things with whichever loyal holdouts are still there.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I just had a look at the wayback machine for these forums. This particular (UKMT) thread seems to have been last archived on 4th June. It's the only thread I checked.
I hope the Horny Forums are being archived as well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I checked the horny forums a while ago and they were shut down alas.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

while we're in the end times I want to come clean to everyone as the person who spent actual money making and buying :umberto:

This is one of the best emojis, so :bravo:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/keirlooksintoit/status/1275817645099679744?s=20

Even as SA burns, the world ticks on and people continue to be mean about our glorious Forensic Leader

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

I hope the Horny Forums are being archived as well.

there's a horny forum? you must link me to it immedi

OwlFancier posted:

I checked the horny forums a while ago and they were shut down alas.

NO

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I think everyone who posts in this thread should just stay here. The thread has been so good for people in so many ways (I, personally, have bought some fudge!) that I think the benefits to us outweigh whatever advantage it confers to Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though the issue is that if everyone else fucks off the site as a whole doesn't work, there is no longer the collision of all different interests to draw people in and become exposed to other ideas.

We will see what happens.