Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003

Alaois posted:

it was a garage door pullrope

that the FBI confirms was tied into a noose. The origin of the rope doesn't say anything one way or the other about whether it was intended as a death threat - if I was a shithead racist who wanted to make an anonymous threat, it's not like I'd bring my own rope from home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

^^^Hopefully the 2020 apocalypse hits before the forums get shut down...

Let’s see if the dust kills us first:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/saharan-dust-plume-drifting-united-states/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tsubasa2004 posted:

that the FBI confirms was tied into a noose. The origin of the rope doesn't say anything one way or the other about whether it was intended as a death threat - if I was a shithead racist who wanted to make an anonymous threat, it's not like I'd bring my own rope from home.

The FBI also confirmed that it was tied that way as far back as October and nobody knew that Wallace would be assigned this garage. If you mistake your coat rack for a burglar in the dark, that doesn't mean someone planted the coat rack in your home months ago to scare you.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

chitoryu12 posted:

The FBI also confirmed that it was tied that way as far back as October and nobody knew that Wallace would be assigned this garage. If you mistake your coat rack for a burglar in the dark, that doesn't mean someone planted the coat rack in your home months ago to scare you.

No, but if you see a noose in your garage and ask why it’s there, it doesn’t make you a liar. Which is how racists are spinning this.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm honestly just impressed that it took Nascar no time at all to call in the FBI. I was expecting the usual "We did an investigation. We found nothing." companies do.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The General posted:

I'm honestly just impressed that it took Nascar no time at all to call in the FBI. I was expecting the usual "We did an investigation. We found nothing." companies do.

I think NASCAR is aware that to grow they need more diversity in amongst the teams, especially drivers. That will drive more than just the redneck demographic into viewership and buying tickets and merch. They need to stomp on this stuff is a very loud and public manner.

It could also be that NASCAR leadership are actually not racist assholes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Proteus Jones posted:

It could also be that NASCAR leadership are actually not racist assholes.

They are wealthy and corporate. No such thing exists.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

They are wealthy and corporate. No such thing exists.

Yeah, it was long shot. It's absolutely profit-driven.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

The General posted:

NASCAR also banned the Confederate flag at their events and changed the rules so you weren't required to stand during the national anthem. Even if it's driven by profit, it's more than what the NFL did.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The General posted:

Last week, or maybe a couple of weeks ago, NASCAR banned the confederate flag and let Bubba Wallace drive a #BlackLivesMatter car in a race. I’m not a fan, but they have staked out a position, here.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...674a_story.html

quote:

A Virginia judge dismissed a defamation lawsuit brought by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) in 2018 over statements made by a Republican strategist and two parody accounts, one pretending to be a cow and the other his mother.

Nunes was seeking $250 million in damages, claiming the parody accounts that taunted him and attacks from GOP strategist Liz Mair almost cost him his reelection.

When Nunes sued “Devin Nunes’ Cow” in March 2019, the account had 1,000 followers. But the news that Nunes was suing made the account go viral. Today it has over 725,000 followers.

Nunes claimed in his lawsuit that derogatory comments made about him by the cow, “Devin Nunes’ Mom” and Mair had slandered his character. He also accused Twitter of negligence for not removing the misinformation such as calling him a “treasonous cowpoke” or that “Nunes was ‘voted ‘Most Likely to Commit Treason’ in high school.”

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Last week, or maybe a couple of weeks ago, NASCAR banned the confederate flag and let Bubba Wallace drive a #BlackLivesMatter car in a race. I’m not a fan, but they have staked out a position, here.
It really does matter if they enforce things going forward, but for now, making someone choose between waving a confederate flag and getting drunk at the racetrack is progress. Some people will be like “can’t spell racecar without race, im done”. Others will not be subject to normalization of the symbol for, at least, however long a race lasts.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Yeah. I'm very glad because while I never cared about nascars before I did a whole bunch on iracing and it's fun as gently caress.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Where Will We Pee When We're Out in Our Half-Reopened States?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/stokel/status/1276041893030305795?s=19

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh god!

Twitch is owned by Amazon?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

About time

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've been saying it for years, these streamers are just too drat sexy

Turn it into a class-action suit

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Congrats to that guy on having emissions so plentiful and watery that they can short out electronics. Dude's basically a superhero

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
This is some pro se shenanigans, right? No actual lawyer would say "gaming rig" when describing a computer in a filing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jabor posted:

This is some pro se shenanigans, right? No actual lawyer would say "gaming rig" when describing a computer in a filing.

If that lawyer isn't a sissy console player they would.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they wouldn't say "fleshlight" either expecting normal people to know what the hell that was

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How else would you describe it? It's the straight male equivalent of a dildo but that hardly seems more informative

I actually wonder if there are that many people above/below a certain age who don't know what it is

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
As far as what to call it in your court filing:

Broke: fleshlight

Woke: onahole

Bespoke: pocket pussy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

How else would you describe it? It's the straight male equivalent of a dildo but that hardly seems more informative

I actually wonder if there are that many people above/below a certain age who don't know what it is

i mean that's a brand name isn't it?

"male masturbation toy" probably I guess

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003
yeah, it's pro se.

Other highlights:

21 pages(out of 30 total) are just pictures of twitch streamers showing cleavage

quote:

The plaintiff's username on Twitch is 'therealerikestavillo' and he is following exactly 786 female streamers while following zero male streamers with that number continuing to grow as the plaintiff has little control over his addiction. Twitch does not limit how many female viewers a customer can follow via their website.

quote:

However, Twitch violated plaintiff's rights to avoid seeing ads because when he was erroneously banned from certain streamers' channels, he had to create another account in order to see what was being said in these streamers' chat rooms.

quote:

In conclusion, please read the attached Ley-Forensic Applications of Sex Addiction pdf for more information on sex addiction, the harms, and how previous case-law can and should be applied to this case as well.

a summary of the attached pdf posted:

Sex addiction isn't a clinical diagnosis, just a pop culture term. Other than some people who claimed to be sex addicts being ordered into sex addiction therapy, there isn't any case law. Research with self-identified sex addicts suggests they are no less able to control their sexual arousal than anyone else.

I think the generic term for a fleshlight would be a masturbation sleeve.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Huh. I didn't even know it was like a Google situation. I wonder if you have the Fleshlight producer suing people who try to turn it into a common noun.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Onanist Express

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is chafed penis a billable medical diagnosis?

He should go after wear and tear depreciation on his fleshlight instead.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The Bloop posted:

i mean that's a brand name isn't it?

"male masturbation toy" probably I guess

That excludes most trans women. How about portable artificial vagina?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

That excludes most trans women. How about portable artificial vagina?

some of them are not intended to resemble a vagina

penis stimulation sleeve

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Bloop posted:

some of them are not intended to resemble a vagina

penis stimulation sleeve

You just have to be specific. Artificial anus. Artificial mouth. Artificial dragon cloaca.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Platystemon posted:

As far as what to call it in your court filing:

Broke: fleshlight

Woke: onahole

Bespoke: pocket pussy

Pokeiton

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1275830793366052870?s=21

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Human: drink a pint end up with penis in you.
Leech: end up with you in penis, drink a pint.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

YOU GOT YOURSELF A STEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

YOU GOT YOURSELF A STEW

Add some kidney beans and you've got yourself some chili!