Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

DelilahFlowers posted:

Yo goatse is cool but can we not post "r****d" and "f****t" we are the coolposters who hate misogyny but also hate ableism and homophobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Fansy posted:

is it time for this community to die?

If not, the mods should help a transition and then step down.

No, working to get critical mass at breadnroses.net

This community exists in spite of SA not because of it, and that can continue

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I'm pretty into this and gently caress the mods.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Famethrowa posted:

pretty incredible that he is such a piece of poo poo he couldn't stop himself from abusing a third woman, even with the chance of his piggy bank of free money being taken away.

you idiots didn't take away the piggy bank after 2 battered women so what's a third?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Funk In Shoe posted:

Hey Burt Sexual lemme try again and see if you're actually willing to answer this time:

1: if Lowtax stays - are you still going to function as a mod for GBS?

2: if Lowtax stays and you still intend to mod GBS, do you intend to continue to probate and ban people who discuss the allegations of abuse levered against lowtax?

If both of those things happen, are you going to stop posting?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Hopefully there's a way forward from all this where the forums survive..

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Can forums run on a GTR?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Zoobtro posted:

to stop poo poo posting for a minute, children are involved here so whatever is the best outcome for them should be the priority regardless.

I think you misunderstand the point; we need to hear out the person making claims. This is pretty vile stuff and it must be addressed.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

JakeP posted:

its lowtax's excuse for how he accidently backhanded Logan and knocked her to the ground.

He was sleeping, and his toes were sweaty and he slipped on his sweaty toes.

This is what she posted in her first post excusing the first abuse incident.

wait for real?

lmao

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Note Block posted:

is anyone else really curious how good these goldbelly cookies are? 40 dollars for a pack of 6 cookies, these better be the best cookies I've ever loving had in my life

there's no loving chance they're worth it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Can forums run on a GTR?

forums can run on a TI-84

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

albany academy posted:

all the replies to the post variate around "is he holding a gun to your head right now" and "did you get hacked" so yeah the general consensus is that its bullshit

Yeah I saw the replies but what PHIZ said seems to imply they're talking to her right now and she's told them it's not real and Lowtax is apparently trying to force her to cover this up for him. I'm just curious if they are actually talking to her right now because Facebook post aside, if they're in contact with her right now we at least know that she's safe and away from wherever she was presumably.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

JakeP posted:

its lowtax's excuse for how he accidently backhanded Logan and knocked her to the ground.

he's sleepin', spines weak, toes are sweaty
on the surface he looks calm etc..

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

JakeP posted:

I can only assume this was accompanied by the cartoon sound effect of someone slipping up and trying to maintain their balance

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah I saw the replies but what PHIZ said seems to imply they're talking to her right now and she's told them it's not real and Lowtax is apparently trying to force her to cover this up for him. I'm just curious if they are actually talking to her right now because Facebook post aside, if they're in contact with her right now we at least know that she's safe and away from wherever she was presumably.

idk and its probably best not to post details about that here

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Can forums run on a GTR?

Hell with the way this poo poo is coded it could probably run on an ancient COBOL machine

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Zoobtro posted:

:golfclap:

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

the story began, as so many do, with the webmasters sweaty toes

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
spoiler for the fate of everyone itt

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Note Block posted:

is anyone else really curious how good these goldbelly cookies are? 40 dollars for a pack of 6 cookies, these better be the best cookies I've ever loving had in my life

overpriced bullshit cookies are definitely not even slightly worth the money but buying them is still a much better use of your money than giving it to lowtax so gently caress it, go nuts

Blinkz
Oct 8, 2008
God drat it..... welp see you guys on Reddit I guess? gently caress

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Donated to RAINN just because I don't really know what the gently caress.

I did a bit of searching before donating, here's their charity rating if anyone's curious https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=9947

Wish we could just go back to shitposting about dumb legal threats and bad early 2000s online games.

Wonder what kind of zombie forums will come out of this.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

JakeP posted:

somehow, Camus struggles to come up with reasoning even more meaningless

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Zoobtro posted:

yes we should do more of this

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

SHISHKABOB posted:

cab someone explain sweaty toes

Opioids: Opioids such as morphine, hydrocodone and Dilaudid are a well-known cause of excessive sweating. Why? Opioids stimulate a type of immune cell known as mast cells that release histamine, the same chemical involved in inflammation, and that in turn leads to sweating.

:thunkher:

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

a misanthrope posted:

Is that troposphere? How old is this image?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Zoobtro posted:

There's vomit on his sweater already, Goldbelly's spaghetti

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

sure okay posted:

The concept of "believing women" works equally for out-of-the-blue accusations as it does out-of-the-blue recantations.

lmao, same energy as "all lives matter"

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

:regd13:

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Burt, Bird, and Reene knew

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

a misanthrope posted:

sup 'thrope

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Solomonic posted:

under penalty of perjury, would you agree that we should repossess his GTR and/or spine

gently caress the car, that spine is going to be a part of internet history in a couple of weeks when lowtax backhands the servers

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

cum calamity posted:

this is the third loving time this has happened stop giving lowtax the benefit of the doubt

Technically we are giving him the benefit of the doubt; there just fucken isn't any

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Well I've got to go back to work, but I'm looking forward to the finale

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Just to be clear for me I will step down immediately if he stays, I know that doesnt mean much, but I would consider it unconscionable

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Zoobtro posted:

mom's spaghetti

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Valleyant posted:

Did you see reene's announcement post, loving lmao

"We all can't just up and leave Something Awful!"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Telebite posted:

Reminder that Lowtax needs more surgery because more vertebrae in his spine are degenerating. I guess if he really beats women then everyone wants his spine to degenerate without surgery? I have no idea what to think lol I'm so conflicted.

if he really beats women his spine degenerating is just cosmic justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ManiacClown posted:

If he doesn't want SA/the forums I'll take it/them assuming it's not all in massive debt.

SA as a forum pays for itself a few times over. Lowtax has said this when he was asking for money "B...b...but it takes almost two weeks for the forum to be in the green each month now!!". All of the money goes to supporting Lowtax's lifestyle.

If the forums were "in debt" then the person who hasn't had a job in 20 years and has no other income wouldn't be able to pay hosting for them and they wouldn't exist.

What you would be getting with the SA forums now is a shadow of it's former self, probably burning radium stupid at like $,$$$/month hosting while bringing in like $1,000 a month profit and most parasitic webmasters can't live on $12,000 a year if they want to lease GTRs and buy $100 cookies.