Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

My opinion counts for two things here (jack and poo poo) but if this forum goes away and I lose the... 362 posts I've made in 18 years, I won't feel too bad. I WILL, however, miss lurking the gently caress out of this particular board. I only watch wrestling occasionally now, and keeping up is a guilty pleasure accomplished only in WH2K. You mostly don't suck, and if you do, you suck far less than most of the internet.

So preemptory thanks for the good times and the bullshit.

[edit] WTF, another twist just in the minutes I spent composing this? Yikes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both that written post and that video look like they were created at gunpoint. I'm... I'm just... Enjoy dynamite everyone

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

"please dont hurt the website" is extremely insane

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Victim mentality is a hell of a thing

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaslighting and emotional abuse

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MotU posted:

Everyone is invited to my house to watch wrestling if you want and also if you want to pet my cats

Can we work on a system to alternate days or something? We have a large couch plus cats AND dogs who like to be pet. Also this may be the only way I make new real-life friends again because who knows when I'll go out in public thanks to our dumb rear end governor (Hello from Austin, TX).

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what in the world

I just want to say that if this place goes down, I really liked talking to you guys during the Dynamite GDT, and New Japan in general. Y'all are pretty swell. I'll definitely join whatever new place we find ourselves at.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Edit: I feel like this should come with a warning but I don't know what to say. Logan saying basically what is said in the screen cap above while crying. It's a tough watch.

What in the gently caress.

https://www.facebook.com/toad.roll/posts/10216979542429786

Jesus. Is it really a safe place? Doesn't feel that safe. I hope she has some friends nearby that just give her a hug. Hope she also has good family that will let her get some distance from all of this. Disturbed as gently caress.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Both that written post and that video look like they were created at gunpoint. I'm... I'm just... Enjoy dynamite everyone

You joke but that is how it felt to me too. Reminds me of that infamous last known pic of girl in black holding her hand defensively at the cameraman and that really makes me hope she's ok. gently caress that was....nope disturbing is still a perfect word for it.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rarity posted:

Gaslighting and emotional abuse

100%

I regret watching that video. Just hosed my mind up. It's the opposite of a pro-click.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DogsInSpace! posted:

You joke but that is how it felt to me too. Reminds me of that infamous last known pic of girl in black holding her hand defensively at the cameraman and that really makes me hope she's ok. gently caress that was....nope disturbing is still a perfect word for it.

Not one word of a joke. I felt ill watching that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The hosed thing is, there's gonna be terrible goons who are satisfied that this means he's innocent.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

NienNunb posted:

The hosed thing is, there's gonna be terrible goons who are satisfied that this means he's innocent.

Pretty much everyone seems to be going "holy poo poo she looks terrified what the christ"

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not one word of a joke. I felt ill watching that.

Me too. No judgement as I make jokes sometimes when I get really unsettled but sorry I misunderstood. I stopped clicking the main discussion thread but I hope that it was there. I don't want to see it again to verify. Jesus.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Pretty much everyone seems to be going "holy poo poo she looks terrified what the christ"

Oh no doubt it's obvious, anyone with half a drop of empathy can see what's going on. I just hope that if any people are convinced by this that nothing wrong happened, that they're small in number and are told to gently caress off

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

NienNunb posted:

Oh no doubt it's obvious, anyone with half a drop of empathy can see what's going on. I just hope that if any people are convinced by this that nothing wrong happened, that they're small in number and are told to gently caress off

Good news, they're small in number and being told to gently caress off

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NienNunb posted:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what a video of someone recanting abuse allegations is supposed to look like? Obviously this is all weird as gently caress, but all of this is weird and insane and it also seems weird that a bunch of goons who have seen three Facebook messages and one video are reaching definitive conclusions one way or the other.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what a video of someone recanting abuse allegations is supposed to look like? Obviously this is all weird as gently caress, but all of this is weird and insane and it also seems weird that a bunch of goons who have seen three Facebook messages and one video are reaching definitive conclusions one way or the other.

well after about 3 or 4 accusations about richard lowtax kyanka being a domestic abuser, it's easy to see things in a specific light

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

Responding to this as if a genuine question.
Personal experience in my case. My family (and myself too) are from Russia and it's very common among my family to smack a woman around when they get lippy, you are having a bad day, just think its a funny thing to do. Seen my various female relatives act this EXACT WAY afterwards. Same trembling tone, same repeated words, same look of fear and desperation on their tear covered faces. They can often add in "well I was being a bitch" or "he had a really bad day" or "he was drinking" often thrown in when they admit he actually did it. It's like a smell. You may not be able to exactly describe it why, but that reptile part of your brain hits direct to those old recollections. People who know can know without a second to spare... it hits that quick. No judgement on anyone who doesn't know as I wish I didn't either.

To quote Leon the Professional: No women, no kids.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If this place goes anywhere I won't have a place to talk about wrestling and I'll miss you people a lot

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Seth Rollins posted:

don't forget about me after the site closes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Edit: I feel like this should come with a warning but I don't know what to say. Logan saying basically what is said in the screen cap above while crying. It's a tough watch.

What in the gently caress.

https://www.facebook.com/toad.roll/posts/10216979542429786

Mmmmmmmnope don't think I can watch this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dangerous Person posted:

If this place goes anywhere I won't have a place to talk about wrestling and I'll miss you people a lot

Bread & Roses seems really chill. The wrestling threads in the Sports & Wrasslin' sub seem quiet but there's a good way to change that: Just Post

MJeff posted:

Mmmmmmmnope don't think I can watch this.

Yeah, unless you're somehow on the fence about this being a lot of hideous abusive behaviour I don't think you'd need to. It's horrid & you just hope she has some way out of that hell

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Its been around 12 hours since the OP was posted, any news on an alternative forum, or buying SA from lowtax?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Bread & Roses seems really chill. The wrestling threads in the Sports & Wrasslin' sub seem quiet but there's a good way to change that: Just Post

Yeah, unless you're somehow on the fence about this being a lot of hideous abusive behaviour I don't think you'd need to. It's horrid & you just hope she has some way out of that hell

When I first saw the link to BnR there were like 650 members. As of this post there are 2,200. More and more people are bailing.

Also I think the more people who sign up at BnR (you can sign up for free and without an invite) the stronger the mods negotiating position is. The lower the value of SA if it comes to a sale, the less money that has to go to dude. I'd really like to stay here but I'm already acclimating over there.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 24, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SA Forums Poster posted:

Its been around 12 hours since the OP was posted, any news on an alternative forum, or buying SA from lowtax?

The mod team is currently in 'we need to know Lowtax's response so we know our options' mode

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Chucking in two cents, I think a forum is best for this sorta thing. Joined the discord, but rarely watch live due to timezones and discord would suck for spoilers. Reddit has the thread style but would suck for liveposting.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I all but need this place to be mentally well. I just can't see somewhere like Reddit ever EVER holding the same sense of community for me. That said, if Lowtax isn't willing to walk away for like a buyout or something there's no loving way this place will (or should) survive, so I might not have a choice.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

SA Forums Poster posted:

FWIW it sounds like Jeffrey from YOSPOS has contacted lowtax trying to buy the site from him but afaik he never responded. Granted that was like 8 hours ago and I can’t keep up with the GBS thread.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I am quoting a Bread n Roses person here:

Accordion Man posted:

Okay, the admins said they'll get you all through and waive the fee when you register so you don't need me or Loel as intermediaries anymore.

Glad to be back with all you folks.

So anyone can join https://breadnroses.net/ for free, you just have to wait a bit for them to manually approve you after account creation. The queue is apparently quite long.

Join! Make their wrestling threads sing!

Wendell fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 24, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I all but need this place to be mentally well. I just can't see somewhere like Reddit ever EVER holding the same sense of community for me. That said, if Lowtax isn't willing to walk away for like a buyout or something there's no loving way this place will (or should) survive, so I might not have a choice.

I think we're all hoping Lowtax just fucks off while acknowledging that if Lowtax did the right thing he'd also not be abusing anyone. So I'd say register on Bread & Roses, so you can stay in contact with your SA bros & gals in case he pitches a shitfit and just takes the forum offline with no warning, which I don't think is outwith the realms of possibility.

It's an SA offsite but it's it's own thing too and it (as far as I can see) just seems chill. There's a general wrestling thread & an AEW thread so far but if there's more activity then obviously we can have more threads. I'm thinking of starting a general puro thread assuming we have a few more PSPers turn up.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wendell posted:

I am quoting a Bread n Roses person here:

So anyone can join https://www.breadnroses.net for free, you just have to wait a bit for them to manually approve you after account creation. The queue is apparently quite long.

Join! Make their wrestling threads sing!

Its so flooded by new guys it went down :(

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My very close friend and occasional podcast partner Dickeye is a big cheese at Bread and Roses, I intend on joining there. But I stand by what I said, a number of us should work on our crippling Posting Addictions

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

My very close friend and occasional podcast partner Dickeye is a big cheese at Bread and Roses, I intend on joining there. But I stand by what I said, a number of us should work on our crippling Posting Addictions

This is terrible advice, next you'll be telling me to go outside & talk to real people face to face.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

DogsInSpace! posted:

Its so flooded by new guys it went down :(

No, I actually just posted the URL incorrectly. I fixed it now! Here’s the right one: https://breadnroses.net/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I doubt anything is going to change but on the other hand I haven't spent any money on this site for many years, so I'll probably just keep posting here and doing my part to increase Lowtax's bandwith bill

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Just want to say that I'm completely gutted by this and I am just so goddamn tired of finding out that everything I've ever enjoyed has a core of poo poo.

I also want to say that I genuinely appreciate everyone here and that this was the best wrestling community to ever exist.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wendell posted:

No, I actually just posted the URL incorrectly. I fixed it now! Here’s the right one: https://breadnroses.net/

Thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

StarkRavingMad posted:

I doubt anything is going to change but on the other hand I haven't spent any money on this site for many years, so I'll probably just keep posting here and doing my part to increase Lowtax's bandwith bill

I'm doing this and putting myself up on B+R anyway just in case

if anything, it will allow me twice the amount of posting opportunities