Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bloody ghost titty posted:

Good morning would someone kindly hit me with the discord link I don’t want to lose this collection of well Eatin weirdos

Ah, I see you’ve read about Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That Works posted:

I would like a GWS discord link as well. GWS, DIY, the Boston thread and just a few other places are all I come to this site for and what I would really miss.

:hmmyes:

I came to SA back in the day cause of GWS!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

therattle posted:

Ah, I see you’ve read about Lowtax

I just did too. And while I also don't care for dischord, i would also like some sort of link to see you all at in case that this place does go belly up. Only place worth going online in my opinion.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Does anyone know of a semi-dormant forum that we can take over (by all registering and converting into the new GWS)?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe Lowtax couldn't just rake in the internet bux and not abuse people. Again. And yet here we are.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Why has 2020 been so terrible

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Mr. Wiggles posted:

And while I also don't care for dischord, i would also like some sort of link to see you all at in case that this place does go belly up. Only place worth going online in my opinion.

Me three, and goony nihilism aside, this is one of the subforums I'd really miss if this is indeed the Big One.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Manuel Calavera posted:

I can't believe Lowtax couldn't just rake in the internet bux and not abuse people. Again. And yet here we are.

Really? Because I can. Maybe that's due to seeing too much as a mod, though. I didn't expect something like this, but I am not surprised.

I barely use Discord and haven't had to use Slack at all, but whatever y'all settle on I'll adapt.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to learn that lowtax is a piece of poo poo. Reckon we'll be pulling down that statue of him now.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Would a GWS subreddit work? I don't know reddit that well just wondering out loud

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The subreddit would work fine.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Can somebody shoot me a link to the chickencheese discord?

Also, some people recommended that other :10bux: based forum "bread and roses" as a alternative. Does anybody know if they have a good spooning community? I can't tell without giving them money first.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

VictualSquid posted:

Also, some people recommended that other :10bux: based forum "bread and roses" as a alternative. Does anybody know if they have a good spooning community? I can't tell without giving them money first.

If it’s a decent forum I’d be ok with an en masse switch

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

The forum is decent but the food talkin is quite small. But hey that means it just needs an influx of food talkers.

GWS taught me how to cook. Ten years ago I made chicken tacos by painstakingly following a recipe to the letter. Sautéed the chicken in a ceramic pan and barely got it cooked, much less seared nicely, because the recipe said cook 8 minutes so damnit I cooked it exactly 8 minutes and pulled it out. Cut to just the other day where I had some spare taters after putting in a chicken to roast and decided to improvise a simple skillet potato recipe with thyme and a little lemon and fried eggs on top. Love y’all :love:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I would appreciate a discord link too. I don't post a whole lot in this forum but it's always been there when I want to look for somethign to make or post my ugly tasty food pictures.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I'd appreciate a chickencheese link also, this is the best place to post about stuffing your face

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Here is the Discord link

https://discord.gg/bFtz9s5

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

VictualSquid posted:

Yeah there's a food sub forum there. Are they charging for accounts at this point? I joined after a bunch of CSPAM goons bounced after some mod drama and it was invite only, but free

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
invites and charging. charging needs to be a thing or else bans dont mean anything

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Please either have SA ownership pass or another forum replace it because discord sucks. I find the interface maddening.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

therattle posted:

Please either have SA ownership pass or another forum replace it because discord sucks. I find the interface maddening.

Yes. This.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
bnr is solidly ok

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

therattle posted:

Hopefully the admin team does find an acceptable way to keep the site going, as Reene has suggested. I really like the asynchronous format and reading effortposts. I have trouble following multiple Discords with the same level of engagement, although it's definitely better than losing touch with the community.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

therattle posted:

After half a day of the NYC/GWS discords I’m inclined to agree.

B&R May be light on the food chat but, uh, we can fix that as one mass exodus.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

therattle posted:

Yeah nothing is a replacement for this kind of forum format. I hate twitter and reddit and all that poo poo when it comes to having any kind of normal back-and-forth discussion.

Don't have much hope for the future of the something awful dot com forums so lemme just say gws is/was good as hell

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
I don't have 7 hours to kill browsing the forums at work these days so I generally just lurk occasionally but just wanted to say thanks for all the fun if things do go down the tubes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bartolimu posted:

Really? Because I can. Maybe that's due to seeing too much as a mod, though. I didn't expect something like this, but I am not surprised.

I barely use Discord and haven't had to use Slack at all, but whatever y'all settle on I'll adapt.

I mean I totally believe it really. In the year 2020, where he couldn't sack up from the get go and say "yknow what? Yeah, fyad does suck" and actually do something about it. I totally believe it.

Speaking of which again, hey taxman you really hosed up the handling of that whole debacle around Xmas even when you were dealing with the. Whole, yknow, wife abusing thing you got yourself into then. And also melting your spine. Sorry about that specific part, but ya still hosed up.

e - I fully support luxury gay space communism takeover of the forum because I agree the format is what keeps me here. I can catch up at my pace, instead of feeling like I'd have to read back on everything on discord. Or miss things.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 24, 2020

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

bloody ghost titty posted:

After half a day of the NYC/GWS discords I’m inclined to agree.

B&R May be light on the food chat but, uh, we can fix that as one mass exodus.

Tell me more about this b&r thing - is that the dsa site?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Johnny Truant posted:

:hmmyes:

I came to SA back in the day cause of GWS!

I regged for GWS. It may not be where I post most but it's the best forum on the site.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Bread n Roses, a CSPAM? offshoot that came into being after the start of the year shenanigans from Lowtax. From the FYAD debacle.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

From an absolutely cursory view they are separate but both explicitly committed to progressive politics, which can be a little taxing but I feel sits with the zeitgeist here as GWS has in my 12 years been a very welcoming and deliberately inclusive place both politically and for those just learning to cook.

As long as we leave beans out of it.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
If this is how it all ends, I just wanted you to know that I hosed your Mom.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Manuel Calavera posted:

Bread n Roses, a CSPAM? offshoot that came into being after the start of the year shenanigans from Lowtax. From the FYAD debacle.

Yup, it is c-spam so it is quite lefty, but there's food/sports/guns/etc subforums. im a cspam poster, so I'm a-ok with the politics of the place, but it isnt overtly political unless you're in a politics thread afaik in my limited experience posting there

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

SubG posted:

If this is how it all ends, I just wanted you to know that I hosed your Mom.

thank you for telling me. if anyone knows where pr0k is these days, please tell him, despite years of saying i did, that i did not know his mother in a biblical sense. feels good to confess my posting sins before posting death comes for us all

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I'm in there hi GWS discordigans vonneguts is my name on there

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Goin' down in style, I suppose.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

If the forums somehow survive this, I'll never make another pr0k's Mom joke again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

SubG posted:

If the forums somehow survive this, I'll never make another pr0k's Mom joke again.

then there's no reason to save them