Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Valleyant posted:

Reposting, "WHELP BAD CALL" on silencing people upset about domestic abuse

I appreciate the post. Half assed unpaid modding is not in the same league as serial domestic abuse. Lowtax is the criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Galvanik posted:

Is there any alternative? reddit is what it is and discords are a poor substitute for a forum. If SA finally implodes I don't really see anything taking it's place.

forum.fenoxo.com still uses the old-school messageboard format and it even has a "General Bullshit" subforum!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hazo posted:

Will we ever find out whether or not Jon Stewart is A Goon?

allegedly john malkovich is one

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

The Rage posted:

*begs for spine donations, twice* *shuts laptop and drives home from Olive Garden in his GT/R*

He probably didn't even need to pay taxes for any of that money since it was "donations".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stalin-Chan posted:

if lowtax isn't at the least emotionally abusing his girlfriends ill eat my own dick

Lowtax had his spine removed so he could eat his own dick

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Chido posted:

I get the feeling that one of Lowtax's tactics is to mentally abuse his partners, then provoke them with something that he knows will make them snap, get evidence of that, and then claim this is proof all these women are the abusers. It's like beating the poo poo out of a dog, then claim the dog is rabid and dangerous when it finally bites back.

that and grooming, he convinces the next partner that the last one was batshit and he's the victim until its their turn to be gaslit and for him to move on

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

supermechagodzilla

i wonder what zizek has to say about all this

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Funk In Shoe posted:

It's just sort of tiresome -- in a thread full of people rightfully angry about moderators history of squelching discussion and posting about lowtax's abuse of women by handing out probations and sixers on flimsy-to-no-grounds -- to see a newish moderator post several times in a row about what kinds of particular words are and are not allowed in the thread.

Like I don't disagree the R-word doesn¨t belong here, but the dude already made that post once, and nobody is disagreeing with him so it seems, to me, in poor taste to keep making moderator-posts about forums decorum in this thread, of all threads.

lol you're a dumbass ok got it

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ratbert90 posted:

BnR seems like that's what it's trying to do. So hooray?

If it is then dope, ill explore it more when im not trying to burn all my 2020 calendars

Lowtax Delenda Est

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

isn’t he in IRL jail

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ratbert90 posted:

There's a default green-yospos theme and you can set a pronoun next to your AV.

Also, AV's are free.

It's good and ran by a non-domestic abusing piece of poo poo goon.

Give it a few years and watch the owner of that place turn out to be a warlord with child soldiers or something

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
im confused. why don't we just ban lowtax?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArfJason posted:

question, due to the article being edited;
if logan requests this whole thread to be memoryholed because she doesnt want this online, should the admins do it?

i mean, if she feels like she doesnt want a personal thing like this in public, it should be honored. but if she is being coerced...? what would you guys do

difficult to say really. I think what should not happen is it being swept under the rug until it is resolved vis-a-vis the forum because the situation is overwhelmingly pointing in one direction, that she's being abused by the forum's owner. But I understand the desire not to have this thread mingling shitposts with real life drama. I'd say delete but keep announcement about the situation

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArfJason posted:

question, due to the article being edited;
if logan requests this whole thread to be memoryholed because she doesnt want this online, should the admins do it?

i mean, if she feels like she doesnt want a personal thing like this in public, it should be honored. but if she is being coerced...? what would you guys do

Beyond a certain point you can't put a genie back in a bottle. People can't go back to pretending nothing happened in this situation. It really really sucks and the best one can hope for is that people close to her are able to actually support her but once something like this comes out (and, depressingly, gets noticed instead of overlooked...) it's going to remembered and people can't be obligated to continue to support an abuser (which Lowtax absolutely is, regardless of the truth of this specific situation, so I don't even feel like it needs arguing) and memoryhole his behavior.

The fact that these police reports were intentionally suppressed is loving insane. Even if literally everything else that happened is some elaborate hoax they alone justify telling Lowtax to gently caress off.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

The internet really did make us all stupid.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Everyone seems to be panicking and going full adamant SA is closing down for good.
People going to discord is the dumbest thing ever tbh. How about we just wait a couple days and see how it plays out and hopefully we can get a new owner who isn't lowtax and a piece of poo poo.
Then everything would be p chill again....right?

I don't even know who could be the owner, or how it would happen. I don't know if lowtax would give up ownership of the site so easily.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Lowtax would just post a thread about it the next day

i guess thats true lol

nugget of poo
Dec 26, 2003

this is pretty hosed up in retrospect https://www.somethingawful.com/news/this-update-murder/

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

loddite posted:

im confused. why don't we just ban lowtax?

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Real Amethyst posted:

Everyone seems to be panicking and going full adamant SA is closing down for good.
People going to discord is the dumbest thing ever tbh. How about we just wait a couple days and see how it plays out and hopefully we can get a new owner who isn't lowtax and a piece of poo poo.

I don't even know who could be the owner, or how it would happen. I don't know if lowtax would give up ownership of the site so easily.

Give me ownership.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

LSD at the gangbang posted:

i thought part of why people didn't take the police reports seriously before was because they surfaced on kf?

Did they? That definitely changes how I'd view them.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

cum posted:

Give it a few years and watch the owner of that place turn out to be a warlord with child soldiers or something

If the child soldiers are there to specifically murder domestic abusers, that may be a net-positive.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

it's dead, jim

anon from 4chan
Jun 19, 2020

Jobbo_Fett posted:

getting perma'ed only accelerates my search for an alternative to SA

there's this forum called bread and roses. it's a super far left, very weird offsite of SA that you can check out.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

lmao been trying for 5 hours to get Burt to actually answer a pretty basic question:

Funk In Shoe posted:

Hey Burt Sexual lemme try again and see if you're actually willing to answer this time:

1: if Lowtax stays - are you still going to function as a mod for GBS?

2: if Lowtax stays and you still intend to mod GBS, do you intend to continue to probate and ban people who discuss the allegations of abuse levered against lowtax?

so far his answer has been this double speak poo poo and nothign else:

Burt Sexual posted:

We will persevere

so I sent him a DM asking the same thing:

and he finally answered.. sort of. Still hiding from the thread though:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

yeah the last part of your post is why the first part will not happen

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

why would lowtax ever do that lol, in what world would he give a poo poo about this site continuing in any form unless we are giving him money

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

These dead gay forums are his only means of feeding his painkiller and cookie addictions. He’s not going anywhere

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The owner of bread and roses rummages through medical waste bags to look for foreskins to suck on

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fuckin' lol, what a perfect example of the previous article

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
it will literally take lowtax 5 minutes to delete this entire site forever

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
So what's Bread n Roses like?

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Funk In Shoe posted:

lmao been trying for 5 hours to get Burt to actually answer a pretty basic question:

so far his answer has been this double speak poo poo and nothign else:

so I sent him a DM asking the same thing:

and he finally answered.. sort of. Still hiding from the thread though:

eat poo poo birt

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

cum posted:

The owner of bread and roses rummages through medical waste bags to look for foreskins to suck on

still better than being a wife beater tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SA isn't just some forum that Lowtax happens to be the technical owner of. Its his business, his source of income. He's not just going to give that up. He'll ride it into the ground. He'll ditch the current community and turn it into a chud-zone before he steps away.