Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I vote myself as the next owner.

My first decree is to never post on twitter and/or facebook, read the forums, and only stream quality JRPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

cum posted:

The owner of bread and roses rummages through medical waste bags to look for foreskins to suck on

who among us

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Funk In Shoe posted:

lmao been trying for 5 hours to get Burt to actually answer a pretty basic question:

so far his answer has been this double speak poo poo and nothign else:

so I sent him a DM asking the same thing:

and he finally answered.. sort of. Still hiding from the thread though:

gently caress that mf

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
we can only hope the site is so poorly coded that when he tries to shut it down it just doesn't work

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thunderspanks posted:

still better than being a wife beater tbh

Theyre baby foreskins

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

As Nero Danced posted:

So what's Bread n Roses like?

cum posted:

The owner of bread and roses rummages through medical waste bags to look for foreskins to suck on

Hmm...

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Funk In Shoe posted:

and he finally answered.. sort of. Still hiding from the thread though:

gently caress this rear end in a top hat holy poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Real Amethyst posted:

Everyone seems to be panicking and going full adamant SA is closing down for good.
People going to discord is the dumbest thing ever tbh. How about we just wait a couple days and see how it plays out and hopefully we can get a new owner who isn't lowtax and a piece of poo poo.
Then everything would be p chill again....right?

I don't even know who could be the owner, or how it would happen. I don't know if lowtax would give up ownership of the site so easily.

TBH I felt that way a while ago but discovering just how much had been intentionally suppressed by Burt means that it can't just be Lowtax who goes if the forums are to continue. The fact that it took something this public for that to be revealed without it being met with a ban is utterly, utterly, utterly disgusting.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

BnR seems like that's what it's trying to do. So hooray?

can you please stop advertising for the lovely politics off-shoot every 4th post noone cares

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Applewhite posted:

forum.fenoxo.com still uses the old-school messageboard format and it even has a "General Bullshit" subforum!

lmao

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Blue Raider posted:

gently caress that mf

punishedkissinger posted:

gently caress this rear end in a top hat holy poo poo

Reminder that this is a middle aged grown up man.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lol gently caress you Burt, hiding behind the "who are you again?" like you're some fuckin' legend. It's a goddamn internet forum you obtuse piece of poo poo, get in here and tell us why you banned/blocked all those posts.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

That last bit :stonklol:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The Walrus posted:

underbaked cookies are awful I hate them

jfc what is wrong with you

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm genuinely surprised how many people are saying they hadn't heard about the Ashli situation. The mods did a better job of squashing that then I thought.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

As Nero Danced posted:

So what's Bread n Roses like?

it's like, two VERY good scents

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Walrus posted:

underbaked cookies are awful I hate them

Chewy cookies are the best you heathen

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That BnR site seems to be ok I guess but it has insufferable modern social media style layout and interface and stupid "feeds" and it's not a carbon copy of SA.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

haha burts a big fuckin pussy and lowtax is an abuser pass it on

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Lowtax can give me the keys. I don't know anything about running a website, but I too post infrequently and have not assaulted a woman verbally or otherwise which I believe makes me more than qualified. I'll also take that Patreon, just flop that over to me

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Beyond a certain point you can't put a genie back in a bottle. People can't go back to pretending nothing happened in this situation. It really really sucks and the best one can hope for is that people close to her are able to actually support her but once something like this comes out (and, depressingly, gets noticed instead of overlooked...) it's going to remembered and people can't be obligated to continue to support an abuser (which Lowtax absolutely is, regardless of the truth of this specific situation, so I don't even feel like it needs arguing) and memoryhole his behavior.

dex_sda posted:

difficult to say really. I think what should not happen is it being swept under the rug until it is resolved vis-a-vis the forum because the situation is overwhelmingly pointing in one direction, that she's being abused by the forum's owner. But I understand the desire not to have this thread mingling shitposts with real life drama. I'd say delete but keep announcement about the situation

yeah im in the camp of delete personal info if the person involved requests it, even if theres the whole streissand effect poo poo and the fact that even if its deleted here its eternally archived elsewhere.

the big big BIG important thing to me, which is in the works apparently, is that logan should absolutely no longer be near lowtax or posting message online.
if shes sincere about her recanting, this only keeps fanning the flames and hurting her case. if she's being coerced, posting more just keeps her in a more direct line of contact with lowtax. in both cases it is best for her to remain away from him and be with people who can take care of her

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

in the end it's gonna turn out the best mod/admin is Genesplicer because he posts like once a quarter and so has a legit excuse for never knowing what's going on or stopping to consider context

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Lol this site has been dead for years.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Everyone seems to be panicking and going full adamant SA is closing down for good.
People going to discord is the dumbest thing ever tbh. How about we just wait a couple days and see how it plays out and hopefully we can get a new owner who isn't lowtax and a piece of poo poo.

I don't even know who could be the owner, or how it would happen. I don't know if lowtax would give up ownership of the site so easily.

Lowtax could just shut it down right away and if people aren't in discords, there's no takebacks. With all the discords, there would be potential that if a new site had to be created, the communities that fled to discord could be reintegrated.

Not taking action is a really bad take. It seems extremely likely lowtax will give up ownership easily, it's just will that be shutting it all down, selling it to kiwifarms, selling to the highest bidder (lol) or giving it to the community (super lol, he's not gonna reform and take responsibility)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

lowtax is a manbaby and a number of people are not-unreasonably concerned that if he was somehow removed from the site he might attempt to nuke it first

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

when you put it like that, it was never alive

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I had to work but wanted to check in for updates, is Logan confirmed safe at a friends? Has anyone/lowtax made anymore statements?

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
ok ok, how about i promise to start a let's play of Geo Guesser if you give me the forums, deal?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm genuinely surprised how many people are saying they hadn't heard about the Ashli situation. The mods did a better job of squashing that then I thought.
I hadn't heard poo poo. I'm one of those mostly-bookmarks dorks who also avoids GBS and I had a vague sense that lowtax's wife had run off with his kids or something, and that he was a bit worthless and lovely, but it's really easy to miss stuff until someone slams it into every thread and does announcements and a sticky thread or two.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I think, like myself, a large portion of users have their non-gbs niche areas they stay in where that sort of stuff just doesn't get disseminated. I literally had no idea about any of this until last night.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
anyway, i never liked him. someday im going to write a book about this website. a real yikeseroonie.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Lowtax could just shut it down right away and if people aren't in discords, there's no takebacks. With all the discords, there would be potential that if a new site had to be created, the communities that fled to discord could be reintegrated.

Not taking action is a really bad take. It seems extremely likely lowtax will give up ownership easily, it's just will that be shutting it all down, selling it to kiwifarms, selling to the highest bidder (lol) or giving it to the community (super lol, he's not gonna reform and take responsibility)

i think the best we can hope for is he pulls a "FINE YOU WANT THIS SITE WITHOUT ME ITS YOURS ILL gently caress OFF FOREVER GOOD LUCK ASSHOLES" tantrum and locks himself out of the site

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Notice how it died right after the halloween 2013 GBS purge

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What I am saying is bring back probations for punctuation and shift keys

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

punk rebel ecks posted:

What happened back in 04?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I won't speak for other people but I honestly mostly browse via my bookmarks and occasionally looking for a new thread within the subforums I frequent. I wouldn't be surprised if that was true for everyone. I poke into QCS sometimes but especially with the way the world has been for the past several eternities I've got so much to focus on that I tend to miss things. I can't imagine this isn't also true for a lot of other people considering existing in the world requires a whole lot of energy these days.

I'm really ashamed of myself for missing it and have no real excuse though.