Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

What was the Halloween 2013 GBS purge?

Admins decided that making original content and not saying slurs were bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

zgrowler2 posted:

Much obliged, we're both better now, both still traumatized but it is what it is. They had just gotten out of some heinous DV poo poo and their implosion sucked in a lot of people for a long, long time. Ironically, they're now arguably the most resilient person w/ mental illness I know and they spend most/all their time in social work keeping other people from ending up like they did or worse. Rock bottom does that for some people.

If I can say one thing to anyone who has friends or family with BPD and is in the process of or looking to help them, ffs if at all possible get a loving professional on their case and do not attempt as a layperson to shoulder that burden on your own. Sisyphus ain't poo poo and neither are you. Take care of yourself first.

e:

:cheerdoge: amen to that

that's great to hear honestly. i wish i was as strong as you, to keep up with them despite what happened between you. my moms been seeing the same psych for decades unfortunately, but maybe she can still change someday. she used to be a social worker too, funny enough.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i see nurge just couldn't keep from doing his nazi poo poo in this thread lmao

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Just chiming in to say I love this place but not too much to say gently caress you lowtax and all other abusers. I'm gone if he's not.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, you'd think Burt was the one who beat women and not Lowtax, the actual factual wife-beater.

it's poetic, almost. remember the heydays of SA when being unfortunate enough to land in the goon crosshairs meant exactly what is happening in this thread? die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain, etc.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lowtax this could have been avoided if you had walked away BEFORE doing the Riddick moves on a chick. Walking away after is not the optimal move here.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

btw there is close to 0% chance lowtax closes or gives away the site. his work experience is 20 years of sleeping at 4pm and doing more benzos than all of tcc combined. no way hes letting go of the gravy train like that lmao

If I were in his position I'd sell it to the community, with 100% of the funds raised going to both ex-wives for child care.

In reality he's going to sell it to the highest bidder, likely a foreign media company.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, you'd think Burt was the one who beat women and not Lowtax, the actual factual wife-beater.

he's a bad mod and this is people's pent up feelings coming out because people aren't being probed for airing grievances. and normally if you say something bad about burt, he'll probate you in a different thread or a couple pages later, so people are taking full advantage

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

NecroMonster posted:

It's all he knows

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

they aren't. anyway like someone just posted as long as there's a cent to be wrung from this dump that's the way lowtax is going to go. he'll go full MRA if he has to and when that doesn't work he'll sell the url to whoever wants to buy it off him
i will purchase this entire website

my final offer is :10bux:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

the mods and admins have jumped ship entirely but they still found time to probate his dumbfuck rear end on the way out

should have been a perma IMO

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

Where are that poor girl family and friends for fucks sake that video got burned on my brain

people like richard seek out girls w/ poor relationships to family and friends so that they are easier to isolate and control

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Everyone needs to do this.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ArfJason posted:

btw there is close to 0% chance lowtax closes or gives away the site. his work experience is 20 years of sleeping at 4pm and doing more benzos than all of tcc combined. no way hes letting go of the gravy train like that lmao

100%

Unless some rich goon buys him out for a million or some ridiculous amount, this site dies with Lowtax

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

My Spirit Otter posted:

he's a bad mod and this is people's pent up feelings coming out because people aren't being probed for airing grievances. and normally if you say something bad about burt, he'll probate you in a different thread or a couple pages later, so people are taking full advantage

He will absolutely still do this btw.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snow Cone Capone posted:

everything logan has said since the initial "lowtax hit me" post reads like it's written/spoken with a gun to her head

Nothing to see here, just gonna explain how actually I fell down some stairs, and he’s innocent; and this isn’t blood it’s victory wine and f

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Sir AIDS posted:

Can I get a refund if the site closes down

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

So can we get this escalated to media posts? Maybe report to the news near lowtax about a tip? or like, sites that are all about online stuff. And metoo stuff.

Just anything to get this amplified and put the pressure on him.

He needs to be stopped. This is the third woman.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hedrigall posted:

This sounds like a honeypot

no not at all I just want to make sure there's a place for all goons

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

My Spirit Otter posted:

Kinda hosed up that a certain clique of posters are using a women getting violently abused as a thin justification for airing forum grudges, but this is a lawless time so whattaya gonna do?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Fansy posted:

If I were in his position I'd sell it to the community, with 100% of the funds raised going to both ex-wives for child care.

In reality he's going to sell it to the highest bidder, likely a foreign media company.

Every time I see your avatar I think it's Lowtax posting.

Every time I am disappointed.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
sorry to the people i insulted with my comments on bpd (borderline not bipolar). i cant say i'm not wary of people with the condition because of my own experiences, but i really only hold it against the person that actually abused me. i know its very hard to live with because of how others treat you and i still try to keep that in mind regardless of my own personal trauma.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Start permabanning random posters at random intervals until there's noone left. It'll be a posting pandemonium

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

it's me, i'm the dumbshit moderator who only answers questions about covering for abuse from people with this much posting cred.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

cum posted:

Admins decided that making original content and not saying slurs were bad

Is that why the site stopped having influential memes?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish the op could summarize the tweets and whatnot on the 1st page because it's impossible to keep up with this thread. I left a while ago and there are like 50 new pages and now i'm going to bed. Tomorrow there will be even more

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Kinda hosed up that a certain clique of posters are using a women getting violently abused as a thin justification for airing forum grudges, but this is a lawless time so whattaya gonna do?

why are you sticking up for this dickhead? he had a direct hand in covering up abuse

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Fansy posted:

i haven't caught up on the last 500 pages of this thread, but if a good admin exists they will change this poster's avatar

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i really hope someone is with this woman and she’s not just in a hotel room by herself, christ what a nightmare

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

gently caress BUTT SIXTY NINE SUCKIN AND GETTING SUCKED LOWTAX FARTED INTO MY rear end AND I SUCKED IT OUT WITH A STRAW AND BLEW IT INTO HIS URETHRA SEX SEX COOTER PENIS PAGE SIXTY NINE

It’s important to remember this.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Remembering that there were many times that lowtax could've hosed off and had a comfortable living but instead he chose to destroy his own site at various intervals because "the SJWs" and inability not to beat his wives

he was making high 6 figs for half of the 2000s and all he got was a lovely gtr

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

This was Lowtax just a year ago:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm so glad I never gave Lowtax money during his faux charity run.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Burt actively banned anybody for mentioning Lowtax's domestic abuse police reports in the past.

He is complicit in Lowtax's actions and should be demodded and permabanned.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Dear God I don't know why but I've registered https://www.something-waffle.com and the forums are open for free registrations. The idea is basically to keep the same ethic and posting quality (lol) that SA has.

I love this place and I can't shake the feeling that Lowtax is going to nuke these forums.

I felt this was better than having a thousand discords :smith:. Assuming enough of you register and it doesn't go down as a waste of time, will have to consider mods etc. Would be happy with current good mods to moderate there to try and keep it samey.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I wish the op could summarize the tweets and whatnot on the 1st page because it's impossible to keep up with this thread. I left a while ago and there are like 50 new pages and now i'm going to bed. Tomorrow there will be even more

Tomorrow there may be none at all

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Muscle Wizard posted:

sorry to the people i insulted with my comments on bpd (borderline not bipolar). i cant say i'm not wary of people with the condition because of my own experiences, but i really only hold it against the person that actually abused me. i know its very hard to live with because of how others treat you and i still try to keep that in mind regardless of my own personal trauma.

good on you for apologizing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Fansy posted:

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

100%

Unless some rich goon buys him out for a million or some ridiculous amount, this site dies with Lowtax

the best part is that due to tax fraud the feds would probably take half of it lol

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
I think nothing will happen. Like a lot of people will leave and lowtax wont be able to show his face in here without people making GBS threads on him, but the situation won't change. People will still post here, lowtax will own the site, etc. Maybe eventually enough people will leave that the minority who think beating women is cool will be louder than everyone else, attracting more horrible people until the site is mostly incels and gamergate veterans. Thats the bad end, anyway. I might be wrong though, this year has taught me a lot about perserverance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So what is the actual situation? Is there a breakdown summary of what is going on?