Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

I find it, let's say highly unlikely that given that post about the working conditions on the last six months or whatever of Brigador 1, where they all basically lived in the same room, that the other members of the team were somehow unaware of this. At best.

Some members of the team don't live in the same country, to clarify my point.
I don't disagree with what you are saying in the context of daily goings-on with people one may know closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

edit: this was incorrect info

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 26, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Aren't you the guy that said my wife likes bukkake because she's Japanese a few days ago as a "joke"? You're as much a bigot as anyone of these fuckers so get off your high horse.

I don't know anything about your wife

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

juggalo baby coffin posted:

from my ~mysterious source~

didn't one of the other guys Orishefskont or whatever post here a lot?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh my god i caught up on the rest of this thread

gently caress bigots

gently caress defending bigots

Tax Oddity posted:

Do this, but with products from people that are commies or obsessed with gender.

gently caress you

i'm out

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Turns out that the thing that was truly cloaked and crushing was this guy's prejudice

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I really loved the game and this poo poo is hitting me hard. It's a bit too much... can OP lock the thread to let this drama die? I think most of us have already uninstalled and requested Steam refunds (if eligible) so no point in dragging everything on unless you like watching literal dumpster fires.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Well this sucks, but it wouldn't be the first dev I stop giving my money to (Eugen, Kerberos).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the people on the weirdo offsite seem to think im some kind of crusading journalist when im actually just reposting stuff i get sent because i enjoyed brigador a lot and i am furloughed from work still. its not me digging anything up, i have put 0 effort in. i am being sent stuff by one of your own homies, a guy who has been around since your weirdo offsite started, and presumably he doesnt want to post it himself cause he knows you guys are freaks

i didnt even know there was a ycs offsite until today, i thought those posts were from something sensitive

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Tax Oddity posted:

Do this, but with products from people that are commies or obsessed with gender.

yea but disco elysium was a rlyu good game !!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mr. Sharps posted:

yea but disco elysium was a rlyu good game !!

game of the year even!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

I don't know anything about your wife

Enough to make racist sexually charged comments about her you hypocritical freak.

Captain Foo posted:

gently caress bigots

gently caress you

i'm out

Convenient. Bye, bitch.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

tildes posted:

I know public facing twitter accounts are probably not where people are going to be posting their deep cut anti Semitic takes or transphobia or whatever, but at least some of the other SJ people seem to be fairly socially conscious based on their posts there.

But yeah, hopefully he is actually legitimately truly going to end up doing work on this very bad part of himself even if the initial reaction is a knee jerk.

2/3 of them follow me on there and i'm an intractable anarchist and high-volume poster so i am cautiously optimistic

edit:

hell. also it looks like karl's twitter account is gone and Stellar Jockeys no longer has anyone's account linked in the bio

OctaMurk posted:

I buy meat that was certainly processed at Tyson or JBS, knowing that they condemned dozens of their workers to death working in close quarters while exporting meat overseas and telling the government that we are at risk of a "meat shortage". I buy Nestle products, even though they literally manipulate African villages into giving up their sources of freshwater. I play Call of Duty, even as Activision-Blizzard actively works with the Chinese government to suppress voices of freedom. I play League of Legends even though Riot Games has a notorious culture of sexism and gender discrimination.

i dont

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 25, 2020

LifeLoveLive
Jun 25, 2020

BadOptics posted:

Well this sucks, but it wouldn't be the first dev I stop giving my money to (Eugen, Kerberos).

Even in this month lol, God this is an insane period for game devs. Just act normal!

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I used to post on bad game

checks out

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You need your human being head caved in with a lead pipe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why the gently caress do you homo tranny friend of the family cunts keep changing my avatar.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm kind of a big cheese in the catte thread you little nerd human being.

LifeLoveLive
Jun 25, 2020

Captain Foo posted:

gently caress bigots

gently caress you

i'm out

Ugh. gently caress!

LifeLoveLive fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 25, 2020

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I thought YCS was where you could say hosed up poo poo?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I said way worse poo poo than gauss ever did and no one who knows me ever knew that I said them. He never stopped posting in those circles, but I don’t know why he would say stuff like that out loud.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

He posted it in a private forum that wasn't intended to be released to the general public. otoh, he was dumb enough to tie it to his real life persona

LifeLoveLive
Jun 25, 2020

Maximo Roboto posted:

He posted it in a private forum that wasn't intended to be released to the general public. otoh, he was dumb enough to tie it to his real life persona

He shouldn't make those posts in the first place though. That's indicative of a wrong thinking ideology. I mean, my uncle (this is basically a stereotype at this point lol) is a really nice guy, I love him a lot. He's not a sensitive guy when it comes to this kind of stuff though, to say the least. So when my uncle says poo poo like that to me in private... I mean I don't want anything happen to him - but he just can't say that poo poo. But it isn't like its necessary (for me at least) to lose his job... I don't know... and I can see the same sort of poo poo with gauss

LifeLoveLive fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 25, 2020

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

From now on I'm ONLY buying games made by gender obsessed communists. They seem to have a much better track record.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
smellar junkies

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Do they have an example?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

the people on the weirdo offsite seem to think im some kind of crusading journalist when im actually just reposting stuff i get sent because i enjoyed brigador a lot and i am furloughed from work still. its not me digging anything up, i have put 0 effort in. i am being sent stuff by one of your own homies, a guy who has been around since your weirdo offsite started, and presumably he doesnt want to post it himself cause he knows you guys are freaks

i didnt even know there was a ycs offsite until today, i thought those posts were from something sensitive

during the brief time period when i was on badgame, people did civ mp games, with spoiler threads, where players would document their plays. people had a gentleman's agreement to not read people's threads while the game was active

one of them was so concerned they started tracking the IP addresses who had read his thread and downloaded images, convinced an admin to give him a list of IPs that people had logged in with, and started cross-referencing them

total freaks yeah lmao

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Squeezy Farm posted:

I really loved the game and this poo poo is hitting me hard. It's a bit too much... can OP lock the thread to let this drama die? I think most of us have already uninstalled and requested Steam refunds (if eligible) so no point in dragging everything on unless you like watching literal dumpster fires.

If there's more support from the thread regulars I'm willing to do this. Though it might not matter depending on what happens with the forums as a whole...

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Idk I’ll probably unbookmark at this point I guess vOv

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Phobophilia posted:

during the brief time period when i was on badgame, people did civ mp games, with spoiler threads, where players would document their plays. people had a gentleman's agreement to not read people's threads while the game was active

one of them was so concerned they started tracking the IP addresses who had read his thread and downloaded images, convinced an admin to give him a list of IPs that people had logged in with, and started cross-referencing them

total freaks yeah lmao

thats really a small price to pay to sniff out people who cheat at mapgames

coma
Oct 21, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Your individual contribution is small but if enough people refuse to buy products from people that are openly transphobic, racist etc then it will have an effect. Like a previous poster said, there's no ethical consumption over capitalism but it's not too difficult to find a different game to play that presumably was not made by a bigot.

I don't think there's any mecha-terrorism simulator that matches up against Brigador

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
yeah it's a really good game

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

LeSquide posted:

Do they have an example?

ill ask. apparently the offsite people have freaked out to an insane extent and have shut down the search function and are going hog wild deleting old posts and their selfie thread (lol) like people are going to go out and dox them all individually, so its harder to find poo poo now

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
luv 2 post virulent racism and sexism on an account linked to my name and profession in (checks notes) 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dyzzy posted:

If there's more support from the thread regulars I'm willing to do this. Though it might not matter depending on what happens with the forums as a whole...

I don't think there's any point locking it now, when the badgame shitstains are mostly done trying to brigade the thread and the allegations aren't done coming in. At the very least wait and see what horrifying poo poo the other Stellar Jockeys members have posted.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 25, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it is impressive how many weirdos turned up who hadnt posted in this thread ever or on the forums for years to be lovely about the gauss stuff. very funny that vhak hosed off as soon as he got outed as being on that forum

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Some brigade. Didn't even last a whole day.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Some brigade. Didn't even last a whole day.

To be fair a much much tastier bait dropped not more than a few hours later. Most of them are posting in Lowtax threads now.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Goddamn terrible, regret shilling the game and buying a shirt.

atomicthumbs posted:

hell. also it looks like karl's twitter account is gone and Stellar Jockeys no longer has anyone's account linked in the bio

It looks like Brad Buckmaster, the guy who wrote the audiobook, has also deleted his account.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

Goddamn terrible, regret shilling the game

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Oh right guess it's time to delete my steam review.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i sold the game to a lot of friends, and my feelings are mixed about it cause they all enjoyed the game a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's now the Burzum of computer games