Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Mighty Moltres posted:

BRB gonna go beat up my wife while yelling "AT LEAST I'M NOT KOREAN!"

[Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka, raising a fist before striking, his knuckles bloody] Nobody will believe you. And if they do, they'll say "well but Photoshop Phriday is pretty funny lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I have the most controversial take yet:

Lowtax is loving garbage and should be banned from the internet for all eternity.

Gotta sort the rest of the world's problems first unfortunately. He's not even the top 20 on my hypothetical checklist right now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

croup coughfield posted:

wish my mom was cool enough to run interference with the cops for me and assure them i am a good boy while i beat the poo poo out of and hound my wife

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

That's his mom's mom aka his grandmother!

She must be 120 years old!

I'm sorry but

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!
his fukken grandma lmfao

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

lite_sleepr posted:

Here's a guy making GBS threads his balls out

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275956194717208576

This is hypnotic

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dely Apple posted:

Now it's at... 477? Who signed up, Ike Turners ghost? Cops? I'm perplexed.

members of the silent majority

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Can't believe these forums are so irrelevant by now that even Kotaku, vice or Polygon haven't even written like a paragraph about this while some streamers I've never heard of are getting breathless coverage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dely Apple posted:

Now it's at... 477? Who signed up, Ike Turners ghost? Cops? I'm perplexed.

says 447 for me, and has dropped almost another hundo since that post

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

lite_sleepr posted:

this is the rock upon which i will build the new church

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's at 447 for me?

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

someone get that officer an account

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
whoäs lowtax?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

lite_sleepr posted:

That looks like a decent hog just saying

Barudak
May 7, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

Lately, this forum has given me posts that seem like they'll be obvious shams and then deliver more than I've ever dared to imagined

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

now this is the content I signed up for

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

tuo posted:

It's at 447 for me?

Yeah I messed up. Whoops.

So did 447 other people!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

lite_sleepr posted:

Twitter users are soft af. This poo poo owns and they're all acting mortified in the comments. This is why I love goons, we appreciate this and respect it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

So you all are telling me the junkie that grifted the forums for cash is also mean to ladies

vols bitch

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

StratGoatCom posted:

Goons paid for swap.

Honestly, after that, we don't get to bitch at furries for folks they're trying to run out

Yeah I remember that one. Goons probably paid a sex trafficker to force enslaved women to poop on each other. :irony:

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
i wish something more concrete happened for womens rights. the small outbursts of the so-called "cancel culture" are really just enough activity to ensure that nothing actually changes. similar to the movements that combat toxic masculinity: occasional bad cases, toxic males, are brought up and railed against, then things return to the status quo. the movements against toxic masculinity are generally quiet as long as the abuse stays quiet; they pick easy fights.

moreover, these movements are usually on a reactionary offensive, providing lightning strikes against abusers who get into the limelight, but failing to provide long-term support structures outside of these reactions, or means and strategies to fight systematic violence against women in male-dominated circles of social or infrastructural activity. to be mentioned is the appropriation of movements such as #metoo for the use of celebrity gossip, largerly irrelevant for the wellbeing of women of below high social or wealth class.

still, its better than before, i suppose.. i just hope for more radical action.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

End of Shoelace posted:

i wish something more concrete happened for womens rights. the small outbursts of the so-called "cancel culture" are really just enough activity to ensure that nothing actually changes. similar to the movements that combat toxic masculinity: occasional bad cases, toxic males, are brought up and railed against, then things return to the status quo. the movements against toxic masculinity are generally quiet as long as the abuse stays quiet; they pick easy fights.

moreover, these movements are usually on a reactionary offensive, providing lightning strikes against abusers who get into the limelight, but failing to provide long-term support structures outside of these reactions, or means and strategies to fight systematic violence against women in male-dominated circles of social or infrastructural activity. to be mentioned is the appropriation of movements such as #metoo for the use of celebrity gossip, largerly irrelevant for the wellbeing of women of below high social or wealth class.

:same:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

End of Shoelace posted:

Maybe Thanos was right and half of all dudes in the universe should be killed.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
So many Goatses and not a single keyboard goop. Where is your sense of pride in our own homegrown weirdos GBS? For shame.

Argh
Feb 15, 2005

Solus posted:

I've seen many goatmen. just not a regular butthole goatman

What if he had a regular butthole and no ring. Is it still the goatman

the shitpipe of theseus

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

End of Shoelace posted:

Defund the patriarchy.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Wrageowrapper posted:

So many Goatses and not a single keyboard goop. Where is your sense of pride in our own homegrown weirdos GBS? For shame.

No there is one somewhere in the 100s pages but eat poo poo if you think I'm gonna go looking for it for you

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

HELLO from library of congress (with this hunk)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

End of Shoelace posted:

I think this is just how change happens. You start off with occasional outbursts of concern that quickly vanish from the public's attention, but over time these become more frequent, longer lasting and garner more widespread support, and eventually permanent changes are made to laws and policies.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

End of Shoelace posted:

Imo as a survivor of childhood assault the general public who hasn't experienced what survivors have for the most part only participate via momentary anger, support for survivors isn't as popular for them because that means things like universal healthcare that allows quick, free access to counseling and public services that allow victims places to stay and escape, to a much greater degree than we already have, which again, requires a public option expanded.

Most people just want to get angry at perpetrators, and while that's all well and good to remove predators from the pool, your average person is just going to stop caring beyond that point. Anger on the part of victims is easy, having the perseverance and empathy to continue to help them past that asks of them something they aren't willing to give, which is still being impassioned after the initial anger has subsided, and time and effort beyond just using the internet and phones to spread info about abusers.

In summary, people want to bust poo poo up but not spend the effort of putting things back together again.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Can't believe these forums are so irrelevant by now that even Kotaku, vice or Polygon haven't even written like a paragraph about this while some streamers I've never heard of are getting breathless coverage.

Why would you want to be "relevant" lol

Relevant is Reddit. Reddit fuckin sucks

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
that patreon keeps on shrinking. and no lowtax meltdown. hope it happens on brit time. I want to be there when it happens.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

End of Shoelace posted:

yeah exactly. i started to write a reply but it turned out to be a paraphrase of what you just wrote, so I'll just say :same:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

RunningOnEmpty posted:

that patreon keeps on shrinking. and no lowtax meltdown. hope it happens on brit time. I want to be there when it happens.

I wonder if he's plotting something or just getting hosed up on prescription meds and cheap booze

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder if he's plotting something or just getting hosed up on prescription meds and cheap booze

What does your heart tell you?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

lite_sleepr posted:

10/10

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

RunningOnEmpty posted:

It won’t. We will try to refresh awful app, and just get a timed out message.

The ultimate wet fart.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Solus posted:

This is hypnotic

I'd like to see it in reverse

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I honestly can't blame mods too much. They are unpaid volunteers, who are supposed to ban people for bad words and derails on a comedy forum. Diving into allegations of domestic abuse is well beyond their pay grade. Sure, with how much attention is often given to more trivial things/forums drama, it's deeply regrettable that their actions might have indirectly contributed to Rich getting paid extra patreon/rereg buxx until now, and I understand why people react how they react. I bet it's a tough thing for mods themselves to grapple with, and I'm sure they'll be able to articulate that for themselves at some point. But ultimately Lowtax is the only person to blame here directly. Mods are not his friends or family, they had no deep insight into his personal life, and had very limited information about the whole thing. Lowtax has manipulated multiple women into abusive intimate relationships. Logan even defended him on SA from previous allegations herself (absolutely not blaming her here, of course, and if you're one of the people who's left snide comments on her facebook or here to that effect, you loving suck). It's not surprising that he also managed to manipulate a bunch of internet strangers. Many goons were duped, which is evident from how many initially donated through patreon.

This thread is still open and stickied, there were no mass probes of people accusing Lowtax, so it's clear mods had a change of heart. Some mods have already stepped down, and there is no doubt, whatever future awaits this community, very few mods would want to continue modding for long after all this. Unfortunately, until it's clear what's going to happen with SA, we need mods at least to probe weird incel posts and KF recruitment attempts in this very thread. But, again, I definitely get why people might be uncomfortable with the current mod team.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 25, 2020

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
somone should start a gofundme to buy the forums and then run off with the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The good news is that someone will screencap the whole thing and I'm sure it'll be a Vice article or some poo poo.

Gorgolflox posted:

somone should start a gofundme to buy the forums and then run off with the money

Yeah we really need a successful goon project to cap this all off.