Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In a very real way, the enormous loving AC electric motor is the ultimate rotary.

[glances at Opel]

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm back, or still here. One of those things. I just wrapped up a project at work that was taking up all my free time these last few months. Combined with trying to decide how I want to produce content and contribute, I took a break from posting. I have been working on projects as time has allowed, but it will take a few hours to upload and sort the images. Another day.

That's all. I hope everyone is staying health and safe at home working on projects.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hell yeah! i had wondered why you closed up shop on the thread a few months ago

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, goody! Feed me inspiration to get mine done. Somehow it sitting in the driveway staring at me isn't enough.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Let's restart this project thread with my current project load.

F250 SuperDuty rebuild:
Last month during my first bout of mandatory PTO, I decided to tear apart the F250 I bought last year. I had it in my head that either I was fixing and driving it, or I was fixing and selling it. Now that I'm elbow deep and far too much invested, I might as well keep it.

I'm a little too lazy to re-order these, but in short...
Pulling the cab is not that hard. The PO lied through his teeth, CYL 5 was rod knocking - not the injector, and block is cracked in two places. Good thing I bought that rolling drivetrain for cheap. Trans had a bad 2nd gear Sprague, but was in overall great shape. Rebuild was surprisingly affordable and it's been upgraded with a tugger kit/other towing mods. Downside is it blew metal into the cooling system. Que $700 in fluids, upgraded 6.0 cooler, radiator, bypass, and that's not including the $800 Billet Torque Converter I have yet to order. Should be bulletproof when done... sigh.

On the engine side, I went full crazy with new o-ring kit from dieselorings.com, new OEM sensors, rebuilt turbo, new oil/water heat exchange, filters, fluids, hoses, billet thermostat housing, etc. The only thing I have not touched are the injectors, as this was a running truck and its about $600 to R+R them. I'm already over budget due to the trans, so I'll take care of those when they need it. I did order new glow plugs, relays, and valve cover gaskets. Again, should be bulletproof when done.

The chassis had just a little too much rust for me. Which I know, I know, is nothing compared to my Northern/eastern brethren. I went ahead and wire wheeled it off, converted it with Corroseal, primed and painted with tractor enamel. So much nicer. Suspension is going to have to wait, as I could easily spend $800 on bushings/bearings/struts. Same for the interior, I'll order the replacement seat covers and foam when I've got another $1100 spare. Tires come before suspension and interior. I just need to decide if I'm keeping the lift and 12.5" wide wheels, or reverting back to stock.

Overall I need to spend another $3k to be "done" with the truck. But it will be like new when I finally get there. At least that's what I keep telling myself :lol: I've got another week off coming up, so maybe by end of month I'll have it running.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Next up is my 93 R1. Or as you might remember, what I initially started mocking up the 20B.

So two years ago I dropped this car off at the body shop. I called, I visited, I got the owner committed to dates and.... nothing. I finally had it. I showed up with a trailer and SURPRISE: My car was done according to the owner. He only wanted $50/hr for the few hours of frame time it apparently "needed". I was so relieved to have it back, I paid on the spot and loaded it up. I was done with that shop and their seemingly endless excuses.

And there ends the good news. As soon as it was on the lift, I could tell it had never touched the rack. There were no signs of this ever being on a rack, yet alone being pulled straight. Pinchwelds untouched, measurements still off. I was pissed for about three days and then I called my buddy who I wanted to do this in the first place. He was able to get me in for an initial measure/estimate just a few days later. So back on the trailer she went.

Once at the shop and racked we used the cool laser measuring system to see the extend of the damage. It was... significant and this was before I had the interior out. The passenger rail was 10mm towards centerline of the car, pushed 13mm back, and 3mm high. I was only able to measure the 3mm high on my lift- but after stripping the fender wells, creases started to appear under the thick layer of undercoating. I wonder if this was worth fixing more than once...If money was growing on trees, sure. My body guy reassured me and claimed they could do it for what I consider a song. Turns out they are slow and could really use the work. So I decided to see if we could source a rail or if this was going to be a *track car* only repair. It's worth noting he really wanted to replace the entire rail, apron, and core support. On a modern car, no problem. On a 93 Rx-7? Good luck.

I brought the car home and reached out to my local dealer who seems to always have a rabbit in his hat. He was able to rush order the *last* passenger frame rail in the CONUS. Turns out I couldn't get the entire apron as needed states side, but the dealer would try Japan. The frame rail arrived just a few days later, but the apron was still MIA in Japan. Mazda's comms around this are... less than desirable. I used this time to strip the interior for the upcoming work. It was then I discovered a creased floor I never noticed before. Oddly enough it's only on the inside and hidden due to Mazda's multi piece construction. Not something you could easily peel back. I sent the photos over to body guy who assured me they can fix it. Time is money...

Much to everyones surprise, the apron showed up the next week - having been air freighted at no cost from Japan. Even better it was attached to a frame rail and headlight surround. I dropped it and the car off last week. The car should be coming apart as I type. So you might ask, why spend $$$$ replacing a FRAME RAIL!? Well, let me tell you ... shut up. If you brought me this shell and showed me the damage I'd tell you to sell it and buy a cleaner one. But this car was technically my first FD (first one in my name) and I've had it for 15 years. This suckers going to cost me $3k to repair, but I just have to do it. Don't even mention the bad paint... ugh.

Wish me luck this week. I'm tapped out on project funds, so let's hope the surprises are kept at a min.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 23, 2020

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

This is one of my favorite threads in AI and I'm glad you're back and posting another zillion pictures that made me tired just looking at. FDs are so great.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
And now a wild free Subaru appears!

Long story short, a friend in the car world had a bad day and asked if anyone wanted his 07 Forrester. It died in the intersection, just 4k miles after rebuilding the engine.
I just happen to be on his side of town, with a trailer dropping the FD off at the body shop. So this 234k commuter in overall ok shape, followed me home for dissection. At first I thought it was the bendix, as it sounded like nothing engaged. I replaced the starter and same thing... When a friend came over I had him watch while I cranked. Motor spun, but had 0 compression. Great. This EJ25 is interference. Crap.

Well... let this be a lesson. Do not buy the cheapest timing belt kit off amazon... esp when the third review is *tensioner failed in 3k miles*. So off came the heads. I was not surprised to find 10/16 valves bent. I took them to my friends shop, disassembled, and cleaned them. Good news, it happened at a low RPM and the seats/guides all check out. $340 for valves, gaskets, timing kit later... and it might run next week.

Once it's together I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm spooked as the PO, who's the nicest guy, rebuilt the motor in his garage. Including splitting the case... He's never done one before. Kinda feel like it's a ticking time bomb. We did drain/filter the oil and found just the slightest hint of break in signs - and I mean slightest. But nothing I would not expect from new bearings. Subaru guys, help me here, I being stupid in hoping it will be fine? It did have 4k on it. (He torque spec'd, paint penned, measured all the clearances per the book/all-data).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the spyder posted:

And there ends the good news. As soon as it was on the lift, I could tell it had never touched the rack. There were no signs of this ever being on a rack, yet alone being pulled straight. Pinchwelds untouched, measurements still off. I was pissed for about three days

And people wonder why I will only go with a shop as a matter of last resort. loving sucks to have to pay for work that doesn't even meet your own standards, let alone anyone else's.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I had a bunch of clever poo poo for the other two but then I scrolled down to the Subaru and now all I can say is gently caress a Gates timing belt tensioner.

My shattered EJ253 became a JDM-junkyard-quality EJ203.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I had a bunch of clever poo poo for the other two but then I scrolled down to the Subaru and now all I can say is gently caress a Gates timing belt tensioner.

My shattered EJ253 became a JDM-junkyard-quality EJ203.

Ooooo tell me more - The failed kit was DNJ. I ordered the Gates TCK304 kit because it's what Amazon had in stock. What's the go-to kit, AISIN?
*Screw it, spent the $200 on the AISIN kit from Rockauto and returned the Gates. Reviews alone convinced me. Gotta love online shopping.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 23, 2020

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I'm worn out from yesterdays home-maintenance and have nothing better to do, might as well keep posting.

Shop updates spring of 2020.
This winter I decided to start cleaning up the shop. And I mean cleaning. I either threw away old materials, gave away tools, or moved stuff out of our way. This allowed me to do two big things. 1) New welding/fab/machine area layout and 2) Assembled the Bridgeport NC my brothers been on/off again working on for a decade. Once I had relocated a bunch of stuff, I decided blue was more my color and replaced all my tool boxes while they were on sale after Black Friday. What sounded like a simple thing turned into three return trips as I ended up with bent, damaged, and comically destroyed tool boxes. The store manager stepped in at one point, pre-opening my orders on the truck. Two were rejected right there. Forks through the back of the boxes!

With the tool box reorganization completed, a few friends came over and we re-organized the machine shop. I decided to standardize on blue boxes for that area and either sold or gave away my old boxes. Every tool moved and I'm much happier with the layout. The best part was digging out the old BP NC - this beast has been a few weeks worth of work away from assembled for far too long. Once we got it dug out, my brother got a bunch of project energy and over a few weeks we got it together. Ignore the sketchy way we pulled it off the rollers. :lol: Once it was on the floor we got the head ready for install. We quickly realized that despite our measurements... the floor joist had to be notched to fit the massive head. Once that was taken care of, he built a small spindle mount that bolted to the table (factory style) and we used the knee to lift the head. Sadly we maxed out travel a few inches shy. What's one do when their engine crane won't fit to lift a 500lb head? You drill a hole in the floor and span a few joists with a tube. With the help of a bottle jack on the table, were able to jack/hoist the head in to position. At some point we also decided to move the mill - easier said than done due to the 4-5k weight of the machine. A set of machinery skates was acquired, along with a toe jack - because why not. We've already moved every machine in here with just pipes and a prybar :D. Oh well, plenty of excuses to buy more stuff/more more machines in the future.

So here it is, together at last. Now it just needs oil lines, motor plates, and a LOT of wiring. I can't express how massive this machine is. At 8'8" tall - I can't even get close to the top. It makes the Lagun look tiny and the Lagun was twice the size of our J-Head Bridgeport! We left plenty of room around the machine for table travel, electronics, and a tooling box. Eventually we'll have to sort out a control PC for it. Until then, it can serve like all other flat surfaces here- say hello to my new workbench. lol Just kidding!

the spyder fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 23, 2020

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
On to cars in general...

I've spent the past few months deciding, or at least trying to decide what cars to keep and what to sell. I want to consolidate down to a reasonable number of cars. I know, I've said it before. But it's time for a number of reasons.

First I gave away/sold for basically nothing the FC parts car I had. No pic, but it was the black GXL that's been kicking around the last 10 yrs between myself/friends.
Next up I got the Red 93 Base model I bought two years ago out of WA ready for sale. I'll make a larger post another day. Basically the "just needs a wiring harness and some reassembly of the accessories" turned into a full engine and trans rebuild. I sold it two weeks ago to a nice fellow in WA who was going to repaint it.
With the Red FD gone, it was finally time to get the Blue 94 ready. This is the car that has been abandoned here for 10 years. I made a deal with a friend and he tracked down the PO. I ended up buying the car for $5k, which works out given the parts it came with. I spent some time and returned it to stock. I mentioned it to a friend and he's already interested in it pending I have it checked by the same shop doing my frame work. (rebuilt title, want to make sure there's no funny business). I expect it gone in the next month.

So with those three cars gone, I still have 5 FD's, the 240z, and the recently acquired Porsche. The black 95 in the picture is another post for another day - but it too will be headed back to its owner shortly.

I'm 50/50 on both the 240z and the Porsche. If someone offered me market value on either, I'd probably take it. Oh and my 325XI wagon has to go, a shoulder injury makes the driving position just unbearable. New daily is on the horizon.

But that still leaves too many FD's and I haven't found my CYM I want yet either. I think I know the plan moving forwards, but given the events of this year - who knows what will happen.

TL:DR - Expect quite a bit of car shake-up this year as I re-prioritize/organize.

The good news is: I have content for many more posts squirreled away.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Screw it, here's the Red 93 Base post.

When I bought this car I was expecting problems. For one, it's the most expensive non-running FD I've ever bought, esp when you consider it's overall poor condition. Second, it came with boxes of random parts the owner wasn't sure about. It sat outside, non running for several years after the owner decided to simplify/replace the wiring harness. Life happened, moves happened, stuff was lost, but the car ended up inside - though a bit too late. I bought it because a red on black non-sunroof base is rare around here and sought after. But then my life got in the way and it sat another 1.5yrs. Finally a friend in the rotary community was looking for a car, so I offered him his one for basically cost+ me getting it going. Which in this market is shorting myself $$$$, but it was for a friend.
Like all good deeds, this one defiantly brought some punishment. After sourcing a replacement harness, replacing the carb fuel line, water pump, oil lines, turbo coolant hoses, etc. I even MMO'd it due to it sitting for so long. Once running, I was greeted with smoke. Endless smoke. Smoke well after the MMO had long burnt off. Crap. Oil control rings or turbos? Pulling the turbos show good turbo seals and no oil. Double crap. Oil control rings were done. If you dig through the photos you will notice these fancy rectangle o-rings. Except they should be round... So like every project it seems, out came the engine and off to Rob's I went. During disassembly I found more broken bits, like a crank position sensor. Once opened up, I was happy to find FD components (WA had a rash of shops with bad builders swapping parts in the 00's) and the cause of my oil smoke. What I was not expecting was the broken apex seal that never actually let go? Rob had never seen something like it. Material failure is all we can guess. And they were stock seals? The good news is everything was in serviceable shape and required no significant hard part replacement.
The engine got the standard treatment, porting cleaned up, oil mods, and new bearings. Reassembly was quick. but like all things I seem to have spent a month tracking down all the bits missing. I even robbed a gauge hood off one of my other projects due to their rarity/cost. I made up a few brackets and remade the missing intercooler pipe. I fought with the master cylinder the PO installed and after many unsuccessful bleeding/bench bleeding attempts - replaced it with a unit from Rock Auto. At this point the car ran, drove, and stopped. The friend decided that the $2k I was asking for my time was too much and backed out of the deal. I got frustrated and let the car sit, what can you do? During this time I found a new bumper for $150 and made it look better. So two months ago when I decided cars had to go, I listed this on a local FB group for about $5k more than I had into it and within three hours it was sold for asking price. A really nice fellow bought it and plans to build his dream FD. We're both happy it went to an enthusiast and I'm sure we will see it again. Finally I come out ahead on one of these projects :).

Enjoy the massive picture dump.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Continually one of the best AI threads.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Crunchy Black posted:

:emptyquote:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Crunchy Black posted:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Really weird, I was wondering if you ever found an engine for the 911 the other day when I was working in the garage.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Jealous of all of the RX7 black interior. Which brings me to ask, anyone have any experience with changing interior panel colors? Is plasti-dip a way to go or is it all poo poo?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Plastidip will peel on anything that makes regular contact with anything else and look like rear end. My buddy learned this the hard way.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 23, 2020

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Some hard plastics take spray vinyl dye very well.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

And people wonder why I will only go with a shop as a matter of last resort. loving sucks to have to pay for work that doesn't even meet your own standards, let alone anyone else's.

Even worse to pay for "work" that they didn't even *do*.
I mean, did they actually believe that no one would notice? Personally, if I had the time and a lawyer, I'd sue them for what I paid plus all the time they kept the car and did nothing. That's value lost - my wife could tell you the legal term, "value denied" or something.

What's being machine on that FD engine - the bosses around the spark plug holes that prevent anything but the OEM plugs being used?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
The housing machining allows for the use of a normal spark plug socket. Otherwise you really need a thin wall socket.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Please keep doing God's own work. :patriot:

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Crunchy Black posted:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

the spyder posted:

The housing machining allows for the use of a normal spark plug socket. Otherwise you really need a thin wall socket.

That's what I thought you were doing there, just wasn't sure.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I debated posting this, but given the current situation with the forum I figured it would be something worth reading if this place does implode. Leave on a high note, right?
95 BB Base Model:
Three years ago my friend was going through some tough poo poo and stuck his 95 Base Model in storage. Now to give you a quick background this buddy has been around the 7 game for as long as I have - but has never had a running car. He's changed his mind so many times on how to build his FD I lost track. He's spent more on these "builds" than I have in one of my running/driving cars. It's been a long standing joke between friends and even the larger community. If you've ever read up on FD's on the club, you have seen his posts. Anyways. One year later he lost his storage space and I took the car + parts to store until he figured his poo poo out. Now this was a clean, low mile (62k) California car when he got it over a decade ago. When I got it, it had been been abused and neglected for 12 years. Stored in a horse barn, parts robbed to fix another "friends" car, stored outside, and used for mockup for a local parts company - hence the 3 rotor in the first pictures. By the time it reached me there were bushes growing through the front end. And don't even ask about the rats that got in it. Nasty.

After a few months of sitting at my house I got word that he had reconnected with his longtime love and was (finally) getting married. His world was starting to get better. I figured, hell, let's put this car back together as his wedding present. When I got it, I also got 12 bins of misc parts. I thought initially that mostly everything was there. It was only after building the engine that I conducted an inventory and found probably 40% of what I needed to put the car back to together in stock form. I'm going to skip a bunch of the parts hunting, replacing, purchases, donations, etc - but man what a complete pain in the rear end this was. Haha. I had to dig mason bees out of his fuel lines. I ended up giving him a set of my irons and housings due to how bad the ones in the boxes were. And don't get me started on the $$$$ spend finding simple stuff like a stock air box. I don't think my timing could have been better though, given the upswing these cars have had.

The good news was, Rob @ Pineapple is a mutual friend and had no issue donating his time to get the engine together. I was able to use the seal kit he had for his 3 rotor (guess he'll have to build a 1 rotor with the left overs lol). This motor should be perfect to get him back on the road and actually driving his car. Stock, but with all the right "while I'm in here" mods done. We can easily slap a EFR 7640 on it and make 380whp with fuel/computer. The car is pretty much a stock 95 - small port cleanup, oil mods, cleaned injectors, stock clutch, downpipe, catback - nothing special. The car came together over the corse of a few months as I had time to work on it. I kept being held up by what I used to consider simple things like sourcing a good set of used turbos. I used that time to cut and buff the paint, but it was too shot to save. The interior came together nicely, but stank something awful.a

The pictures tell most the story. Once the car was together I tried for 3 months to get him to visit. Even looping friends in. I couldn't get him down here. It was driving me crazy. Haha. Turns out life reared it's ugly head again and due to numerous issues from the bride, the marriage was called off. I thought about it for a bit and decided it still had to be a surprise. He was back in the slumps again, not nearly as bad as before- but you could see it in him. Finally months later I had an excuse to be up in his area to pickup a bumper for the Red 93 I posted earlier. Not feeling well and with 5 hours sleep, I drove 3 hours and dragged his rear end down here. This entire time, I never slipped. I don't know how. He had no clue what was waiting for him at my house. A handful of people knew what I was working on, including a mutual buddy of ours. Somehow during the car ride, he suggested that buddy should meet us at my house. Keep in mind we didn't get back until 10pm - but the mutual friend knowing what was about to happen happily drove down. I thought of a dozen ways to tell/show him, but after an hour of bullshitting between friends I finally told him he needed to check on his FD. He had no idea what was going on and I'll never forget the look of confusion when he hopped in and the dome lights lit. I handed him the key and the rest was just awesome. Needless to say I broke him pretty good. Our mutual friend had him stay with him that night and I don't think I've stopped smiling for three days.

Timing wise this all happed late December/Early January. Once he got over having a running FD, he decided it badly needed a deep clean due to the aforementioned stank. What neither of us expected was COVID. He lives one state away and essentially got stuck with me for 2 months. So we slowly worked on tearing the ENTIRE INTERIOR out of his FD, cleaning/replacing/upgrading everything possible. Battery relocation wires ran, water/meth lines, stereo, new insulation. It was crazy. Thankfully things let up a bit and he was able to return home. I was not expecting a live-in roommate for 2 months, but we got a ton done around the house and shop. As things have calmed and he returned to work, we slowed down on his ever growing list of changes he wanted to make. I've been insistent this entire time, he HAS TO DRIVE THE loving CAR. Don't worry about suspension, wheels, bushings, seats, whatever! Just drive it for fucks sake. About two weeks ago we got it to the point he was happy with it and the plates finally arrived. The last major thing it needs now are new tires. And a long story short those wheels pictured are off the blue FD from before - he was the mutual friend that helped me get the title for it. In exchange I said he was welcome to anything on it. He choose the wheels.

So the car is still at my house. My buddy travels all over for a certain warehouse company and he's got no where to store it at this moment. So over the summer I'll drive it and finish the break-in. He's been shipping me an endless supply of upgrades for it, but I keep telling the bastard to just drive it. I expect it to be painted and some additional suspension mods later this fall. I can only hope he actually drives it during all this, but I'm also one hell of an enabler. lol. I'm just excited to see him in his car and actually enjoying it. Hopefully it will serve as a life time reminder that no matter how bad things get, your friends are still there and care about ya - no matter what your mind says.

On a personal note, I've been asked a lot why I haven't finished my 3 rotor yet and this car is one of the many reasons(excuses?). It sucked up quite a bit of my time, but also my fun money budget. I don't have a magic money tree and since I got out of doing side work a few years back, it's been harder to put car money aside. Family, life, work all have taken priority over fun side projects. Now let me clarify - Would I do this again? Absolutely. Did I ask a dime for doing it? No. I've watched my buddy go through hell, hit bottom, and pull himself back on top. This just helped push him that last 10% he needed. Worth it 100x over. I wish more people understood what selfless acts of kindness were. Seems like that's almost a bygone era now with the world we live in today.

So ya, guess I have no reason not to work on the 3 rotor now. Wish me luck!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're a beautiful soul.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
loving high note indeed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Right? Holy poo poo man, you built an entire car for someone as a present, that's amazing.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Thats really awesome, thanks for posting it.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

That's absolutely incredible. You're getting something extra for AI:SS this year at the minimum from me. Regardless of who is drawn.

Please don't ever stop building rotaries. (That 911 of yours needs one btw)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

You are a scholar and a gentleman, and a good friend. Kudos, my dude.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Holy poo poo I've missed these posts. You are an amazing person. Thank you for posting again!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That's a great story. You're good people.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
drat, I hope I’m half as good a friend as you are. Nice one.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Come back you hoarder. Forums aint dead yet!!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

This was an extremely good post of an extremely good thing and should be rewarded imo. If you want a free title or av or something, I'll see if I can bully an admin into granting it. :colbert:

(No, lowtax won't make squat if they do it.)

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks everyone. I don't need anything (but I really do appreciate it). He's been a great buddy and I'm looking forward to many stupid future projects with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

the spyder posted:

I'm looking forward to many stupid future projects with him.

And so are we