Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dublish posted:

That's the opposite of how density works.

Just substitute life with "Cute + Dumb sweets lover".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Just finished off 'Wave, listen to me!'

That was a super fun romp of a show, interesting animation, fun characters and a stunning performance by the main VA. Very cool concept for a show and I really enjoyed it. Is the manga still going?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yes, its a monthly hiroaki in afternoon so expect a long run

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

great pretender is super good and fun

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
A movie just came out on Netflix called “A Whisker Away” and it’s super good. Really fun film that has some great character moments to it. I know Mari Okada is pretty hit and miss with people but I think this is one of the best things she’s written and I highly recommend checking it out.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I've just watched it yesterday and yep, it's pretty good. It has one of the most unusual protagonists I've ever seen. And lots o' kitties

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'd say rather than 'unusual' it's refreshing to see someone written more like how a young kid acts out in school when they have a) family issues and b) a crush on someone. dangerous combo

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Yep. But you don't see many characters written like that, hence 'unusual.' I mean, Muge is a bit like manic pixie dream girl but it's actually her story and instead of being cute and quirky she's often annoying. And soooo relatable.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Mostly I felt sorry for Yori

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/1276189281099239424?s=19

Trigger is doing a Cyberpunk in 2022.

E: Also Twewy

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1276169179465428992

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 25, 2020

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1275484925911683072?s=20

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

The Black Stones posted:

A movie just came out on Netflix called “A Whisker Away” and it’s super good. Really fun film that has some great character moments to it. I know Mari Okada is pretty hit and miss with people but I think this is one of the best things she’s written and I highly recommend checking it out.

Watched this today, it's freaking adorable. And the music is pretty great as well!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

gently caress man, where am I gonna go to see the new season threads now that I'm watching poo poo again? It's cool that this has been going on for over a decade and it's been handy for finding stuff I like. This season especially, I wouldn't have known to check out a bunch of what were really good shows.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Coxswain Balls posted:

gently caress man, where am I gonna go to see the new season threads now that I'm watching poo poo again? It's cool that this has been going on for over a decade and it's been handy for finding stuff I like. This season especially, I wouldn't have known to check out a bunch of what were really good shows.

Probably right here ;)

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Julias posted:

Probably right here ;)

:D

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Very happy to, theoretically, continue poo poo positing about the high and fine art of Japanese cartoons with you all.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Extremely ecstatic to continue posting alongside all of you.

(In the back of my head)

"poo poo there goes my excuse to not work on the next seasonal thread this weekend fuuuuuuck."

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh no we're all on the hook for our anime toxxes again

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Kinda awkward for all the people who posted banme threads.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hABO8hRAS0

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Everything Burrito posted:

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
We were so close to having Isekai be our last title.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Speaking of Isekai, Kumoko has been delayed till January 2021 because of COVID
https://twitter.com/kumoko_anime/status/1276351841152806912?s=20

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I think this is also the first we've heard of it being two cour.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

lol...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Exia posted:

The PV for the anime came out almost 2 years ago. I thought it would finally be broadcast LAST winter. At least the tweet seems to say that it will be 2 cours.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Eeepies posted:

We were so close to having Isekai be our last title.

Our Forum Died and Now We're In The Real World sure scans like an Isekai title.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Exia posted:

All well and good if they remove the PS1-looking CGI.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grouchio posted:

All well and good if they remove the PS1-looking CGI.

Maybe that's why it's been delayed so long, they keep rerendering it to not look like rear end.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Exia posted:

quote:

2021年1月より連続2クール放送開始となります。

So it will be 2 cours long.

e: oops, missed the other post about this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kinda of okay with Summer just being Precure and home for delayed Spring shows. Plus I'll just rewatch all of Encouragement of Climb and maybe Slow Start

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Everybody's like "Sword Art Online" this and "Slayers" that

I just wanna Peter Grill, for God's sake!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The Black Stones posted:

This was really good and so far I'm 2/2 for liking Mari Okada shows. She seems to be really good at writing realistically awkward teenagers in a way that's very relatable.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I like Mari Okada, but there’s some stinkers that are worth avoiding if you want to check out other things she’s written. Kiznaiver sucked, don’t ever watch Kiznaiver.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Killer opening, though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kiznaiver has one good episode, 5 okay ones and 6 really bad ones

wixoss is cool though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kiznaiver was a 2 cour show that was apparently never planned to be more than 1 cour. so half the cast got their own arcs and half got absolutely nothing. this was intentional, for some reason.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't even buy the idea that being two cours would have made it better because the writing was so bad and incapable of acknowledging its own lingering threads in a coherent way, or maintaining consistent characterization or giving character relationships proper exploration and depth. i think it's genuinely one of the worst things mari okada's written and i don't particularly dislike her

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Draxion posted:

Killer opening, though

Amazing opening. Best part of that show by a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

mari okada's other work in the same season was way better but you had to be there when mayoiga was airing