Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that accounts post history in that thread 1000% confirms its lowtax or someone trying really hard to look like lowtax (which seems very possible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Look at this poo poo. Look at it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's really, really not good, but there are a lot of threads - one right here in PYF - that are talking about the ongoing issue, so please let's just post memes here. If you need to talk about what's going on, you definitely have your choice of threads.

Still trying to mod, still trying to be in charge, still trying to keep people on topic, still being vaguely threatening, all while this poo poo goes on. That's a sickness.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that accounts post history in that thread 1000% confirms its lowtax or someone trying really hard to look like lowtax (which seems very possible)

which possibility is sadder i cant decide. at least lowtax has human self interest to defend himself. if it’s a lowtax fan,, lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

that account claimed lowtax registered as "redacted" on a website called scarboil

which just reading redacted's post history is a very bad place

the account is from 2019, which seems like a contradiction.

in conclusion gently caress lowtax, gently caress that guy if he isn't lowtax, gently caress scarboil

ah isnt that some skullmund thing. skullmund is weird nazi gbs poo poo i think.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i just don't see lowtax posting on a different account and then immediately blowing his cover, what would be the point

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I feel like there's some value for posterity's sake in keeping the actual, physical, SomethingAwful forums around. It's one of the oldest still (relatively) highly active communities on the internet and for it to disappear because the owner is a piece of poo poo and not because it simply withered away is a shame.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

from what i can tell is that it's just a big difference between then and now, because now it's between two adults with a lot of very direct evidence. the lady ambien stuff involved a child, a person who is here undocumented, was hiding in a shelter, and did not want anyone to be blasting stuff about this on the forums because she was terrified of being deported and the child going to live with lowtax in what appeared to be a custody dispute. what do you do about that at the time, knowing what you would've known at the time? then you see ex-FYAD goons posting MODS KNEW who were sucking up to lowtax back then because they wanted to get FYAD back... probably more concerned with the sanctity of their posting kingdom than anything else. priority should be on trying to ignore a lot of this unproductive grudge stuff which i am about to do... now

BmD you've been on thin ice as far as i'm concerned and this post just put you in the "gently caress you and die" list as far as i'm concerned. suck my dick and perma yourself you sniveling abuse enabler coward.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Look at this poo poo. Look at it.

Still trying to mod, still trying to be in charge, still trying to keep people on topic, still being vaguely threatening, all while this poo poo goes on. That's a sickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naoNvvQ1XdM

THS
Sep 15, 2017

T-man posted:

BmD you've been on thin ice as far as i'm concerned and this post just put you in the "gently caress you and die" list as far as i'm concerned. suck my dick and perma yourself you sniveling abuse enabler coward.

what

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dustcat posted:

i just don't see lowtax posting on a different account and then immediately blowing his cover, what would be the point

he's a pill popping wife abuser, he's not rational or particularly smart especially with his power, "SA owner" identity and money disappearing over night

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

T-man posted:

leave me alone.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

T-man posted:

brutalist mcdonalds wasn't even a mod at the time

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lowtax would absolutely pathetically make an account and start crying about himself being the victim and us being ungrateful

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

All my friends are here with me, resigning just off screen

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dustcat posted:

idk he absolutely seems like a guy whod try to quietly alt and then just get really really mad and post dumb poo poo like that

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

THS posted:

lowtax would absolutely pathetically make an account and start crying about himself being the victim and us being ungrateful

Yeah there's no less than like loving three thousand people all waiting to roast his rear end the second he shows his face on here again, he's cowardly enough to hide behind an alt.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

All my friends are here with me, resigning just off screen

I also resigned the mod post I definitely had in solidarity. you can send the sympathy cheques to my PO box

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

idk he absolutely seems like a guy whod try to quietly alt and then just get really really mad and post dumb poo poo like that

fair enough lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

from what i can tell is that it's just a big difference between then and now, because now it's between two adults with a lot of very direct evidence. the lady ambien stuff involved a child, a person who is here undocumented, was hiding in a shelter, and did not want anyone to be blasting stuff about this on the forums because she was terrified of being deported and the child going to live with lowtax in what appeared to be a custody dispute. what do you do about that at the time, knowing what you would've known at the time? then you see ex-FYAD goons posting MODS KNEW who were sucking up to lowtax back then because they wanted to get FYAD back... probably more concerned with the sanctity of their posting kingdom than anything else. priority should be on trying to ignore a lot of this unproductive grudge stuff which i am about to do... now

Clearly some goons are going to use it as a chance to grind axes because goons gonna be goons even as the planet is swallowed by the ever expanding sun. But just because they are using that as a way to do so doesn't mean it's not got a legit concern at its core. People talk about wanting to keep the community together (& honestly I don't know if that's even desirable, never mind possible, there's some loving horrible people on here. Liberals even!) but having such a lack of confidence (which when combined by the lack of transparency is a real issue) in the people who are apparently deciding our collective future as a place for bad posting about the Failing New York Times & what pistol feels the nicest when you put it up your bum or whatever the Gun Weirdos sub talks & all the rest makes that pretty unlikely.

Parsing the cunts and the people with actual concerns is certainly not always easy but seems worth doing here. There's at least a conversation to be had & it shouldn't be happening behind closed doors because ultimately it concerns every active poster. But lol whatever, I can just move on to being mad on Twitter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

midredistribution posted:

lol that lowtax guy seems like a piece of poo poo, what's fyad?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dustcat posted:

the takeaway from BmD's post is "how could we possibly have known the last time this happened, she was an immigrant and everyone saying 'mods knew' is just a FYAD dead ender"

Still, point taken they weren't a mod. I take back 60% of the mean things I said but post was still bad.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Dustcat posted:

What everyone else said, also it adds analyst of plausible deniability. I'm guessing itd be relevant in a court case that Lowtax is in charge of SA and receives the revenue it generates, and so hed want to distance his account from the abusive poo poo that account is posting.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

I feel like there's some value for posterity's sake in keeping the actual, physical, SomethingAwful forums around. It's one of the oldest still (relatively) highly active communities on the internet and for it to disappear because the owner is a piece of poo poo and not because it simply withered away is a shame.

SA was successful in the early internet days specifically because of lowtaxs heavy handed moderation and more of a site wide monoculture

as soon as he walked away (lol briefly handing the keys to Frags) a bunch of different communities and micro-communities sprung up and flourished. this was cool, but the lack of a single source for sitewide moderation made the individual admins and mods go crazy reading cow entrails to determine what the bossman actually wanted. drama grew exponentially, the userbase became increasingly antagonistic to the modstaff, and, well here we are

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cool dance moves posted:

What everyone else said, also it adds analyst of plausible deniability. I'm guessing itd be relevant in a court case that Lowtax is in charge of SA and receives the revenue it generates, and so hed want to distance his account from the abusive poo poo that account is posting.

the idea of lowtax trying to protect his image after 20+ years being terrible online, especially in the era of bringing receipts (which is praxis thanks reene) is just dumb enough to be plausible

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

T-man posted:

the takeaway from BmD's post is "how could we possibly have known the last time this happened, she was an immigrant and everyone saying 'mods knew' is just a FYAD dead ender"

Still, point taken they weren't a mod. I take back 60% of the mean things I said but post was still bad.

a lot of people knew he was an abuser the last time it happened, when he cheated on his abused wife, who then ran from him with his kids, with the woman who is currently running from him

there was not a whole lot that could be done about it if you were a regular poster

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has he posted on facebook today, or just total silence everywhere?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wheeee posted:

the real fun gonna kick off when they go on a rampage through these threads and purge all of us who had the temerity to talk poo poo during these wild days then shortly after start panicking and trying to backtrack

lmebo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

its also lowtax's only source of income and unfortunately he owns it and id guess isnt going to sell it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'd say lowtax never cared about the forums until it hit him in the pocket but the dude's been MIA since this poo poo began lmao

I'm starting to think he never shows his face at all and.... nothing happens. The Patreon goes to 0 and he just disappears and the site somehow stays up

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i tried to permaban myself by breaking my posting vow to never post in the succ zone but it didn't work so I guess I'll ask again: what the gently caress?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do not give MMO players, specially goons, any form of authority god loving dammit we should know this by now

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Has he posted on facebook today, or just total silence everywhere?

possible alt in gbs spewing garbage discussed itt in the last two pages, nothing else afaik

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

T-man posted:

the idea of lowtax trying to protect his image after 20+ years being terrible online, especially in the era of bringing receipts (which is praxis thanks reene) is just dumb enough to be plausible

Are you calling my theories dumb :mad:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dustcat posted:

t-man can post horny or post angry so plz dont interrupt her when she is willing to commit to being angry :whitewater:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
we are all idiots here, friend

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Wheeee posted:

the real fun gonna kick off when they go on a rampage through these threads and purge all of us who had the temerity to talk poo poo during these wild days then shortly after start panicking and trying to backtrack

The reason cspam is able to get away with everything is because there's too many post, nobody is willing to do that much work. They can only beg for people to report lol

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do not give MMO players, specially goons, any form of authority god loving dammit we should know this by now

people are saying this more and more

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Justin Tyme posted:

I'd say lowtax never cared about the forums until it hit him in the pocket but the dude's been MIA since this poo poo began lmao

I'm starting to think he never shows his face at all and.... nothing happens. The Patreon goes to 0 and he just disappears and the site somehow stays up

he doesn't care about the forums, he cares about the $$$ and dumb e-fame being the owner of the forums. it sounds like he might have cared back in SA's bad old days when he was active and we hadn't pushed out the blatantly 4chan/8kun types.

the forums grew despite him and now the forums are going to spite him

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Thanatosian posted:

Working theory in the GBS thread is that this is him:

Yeah, either that June 25 2020 regdate is playing a bit and REALLY nailed the posting style

or

it's him

I've been wondering for like 36 hours now when he was gonna come in and Just Post Through It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I’m Newman, you guys are Kramer, and instead of talking about mail, they’re talking about mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hox-ni8geIw