Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

qcs is currently demanding reene resign, which is kinda funny to me cus its like an angry crowd of passengers storming up to captain edward smith on the titanic as the ship begins to tip precipitously upward and demanding he resign his position. qcs will qqcs until we slip beneath the waves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

THS posted:

everyone here is unknowingly, actually friends in real life and we’re all too ashamed as posters to be open about it

I once got the stairs challenge question from my immediate supervisor who was the worst, cringiest, shittiest person I've ever worked with (like literally didn't know how to do his job and watched anime on the clock while our team was pulling double-OT) and immediately had a hot flash and had to feign ignorance. Not sure if he noticed the split-second look of sheer terror on my face before I got it under control.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

THS posted:

everyone here is unknowingly, actually friends in real life and we’re all too ashamed as posters to be open about it

Jokes on you I only have four friends and all of them are way too young and functional to be goons.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I've never been one to post much, getting some hundreds under my belt in little over 13 years, but this is as good of a time as ever to thank C-Spam for having kept me sane as I got to laugh heartily about the absurdity of these times we live in. Regged for bnr and maybe I could post more there in the future as you all are p. cool posting fellows. gently caress lowtax for being a huge piece of poo poo.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Quetzadilla posted:

I once got the stairs challenge question from my immediate supervisor who was the worst, cringiest, shittiest person I've ever worked with (like literally didn't know how to do his job and watched anime on the clock while our team was pulling double-OT) and immediately had a hot flash and had to feign ignorance. Not sure if he noticed the split-second look of sheer terror on my face before I got it under control.

yikes that’s horrifying

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Were you in one of my classes?

No I'm bullshitting

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Squizzle posted:

they might survive tho

the elements of success here are maintaining the community, and complete separation or expulsion of lowtax

Eh, the plan is pretty evidently "cobble together a new forum really fast and hope people come to it so we can maintain our control over people"

Reene's supreme lack of judgement and Jeffrey's "coding ability" make it pretty obvious that's going to break apart in the stratosphere
I'm sure the folks who spun up BnR can tell you that you can't take a jr developer (which, face it, is what Jeffrey is) and expect him to be able to build a safe infrastructure. I'll guarantee he doesn't know the first thing about setting up poo poo on a cloud provider because he's barely been able to limp along on this old-rear end architecture. Plus you've got an admin who is evidently not the least bit aware about privacy laws with the data they have. It won't work.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I AM A LIVING GOD

how can you ban a god

what a grand and intoxicating innocence

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hi I have been reading the thread and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive of me itt

This whole thing has brought up some old bad stuff for me which isn't great but I'm ok.

Goons are great and I care about the community very much. I hope to continue to see you all in the future no matter where we all end up.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I feel like Lowtax will stay in hiding and after a period of stasis and inaction all the admins will just collectively decide to do nothing.

they're not "doing nothing" they're listening to what people have said and are having discussions about how to move forward. there will be some sort of announcement eventually.

Oh! Hi KM! Sorry about how all this turned out. You deserved better from everyone.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
honestly any mod who isnt smuggling quotes out of the mod forum rn deserves their fate in any eventual Nuremberg-style reckoning we may implement post-taxman

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

T-man posted:

Ancient goon tradition.

Yeah Doing Nothing is enshrined in the very code of the forums themselves

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Sharkie posted:

they're not "doing nothing" they're listening to what people have said and are having discussions about how to move forward. there will be some sort of announcement eventually.

nah

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

No I'm bullshitting

Always gotta check.

I AM GRANDO fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 26, 2020

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sharkie posted:

that is doing nothing

you should know and recognize this, it's the loving politics forum

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Eh, the plan is pretty evidently "cobble together a new forum really fast and hope people come to it so we can maintain our control over people"

Reene's supreme lack of judgement and Jeffrey's "coding ability" make it pretty obvious that's going to break apart in the stratosphere
I'm sure the folks who spun up BnR can tell you that you can't take a jr developer (which, face it, is what Jeffrey is) and expect him to be able to build a safe infrastructure. I'll guarantee he doesn't know the first thing about setting up poo poo on a cloud provider because he's barely been able to limp along on this old-rear end architecture. Plus you've got an admin who is evidently not the least bit aware about privacy laws with the data they have. It won't work.

The ultimate goon project

I hope it crashes and burns

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Koalas March posted:

Hi I have been reading the thread and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive of me itt

This whole thing has brought up some old bad stuff for me which isn't great but I'm ok.

Goons are great and I care about the community very much. I hope to continue to see you all in the future no matter where we all end up.

I’d love to follow you on twitter if you have one.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Sharkie posted:

Oh! Hi KM! Sorry about how all this turned out. You deserved better from everyone.

gently caress, time really is a flat circle.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i hear you, and i see your posts

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i convinced a friend in high school to get an SA account, and they left as soon as reddit became a thing because they “liked upvotes more than empty-quoting”

theyre a police officer now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Unoriginal Name posted:

honestly any mod who isnt smuggling quotes out of the mod forum rn deserves their fate in any eventual Nuremberg-style reckoning we may implement post-taxman
spare the other mods but take me... i will submit myself to this nuremberg-style moderdammerung and face the entire, concentrated goon wrath all at once, absorbing it and sparing the forums, mods and all goons... redeeming them

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sharkie posted:

I admire your stupid as gently caress optimism

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Sharkie posted:

Bull loving poo poo they are having discussions about how best to not actually change anything while still somehow placating everybody and keeping their asses covered. Probably very circular discussions because achieving all that at once is not going to be easy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I can't hear or see anything

i'm that dude from Metallica's One video

remember them? when they were good?

*checks notes* they were never good?

gently caress

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

spare the other mods but take me... i will submit myself to this nuremberg-style moderdammerung and face the entire, concentrated goon wrath all at once, absorbing it and sparing the forums, mods and all goons... redeeming them

I don't see any mod forum quotes buddy

I shared my creep PM with you plz respond

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Koalas March posted:

i'm certain you would be welcome on BnR

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

that is doing nothing

you should know and recognize this, it's the loving politics forum

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bull loving poo poo they are having discussions about how best to not actually change anything while still somehow placating everybody and keeping their asses covered. Probably very circular discussions because achieving all that at once is not going to be easy.

T-man posted:

I admire your stupid as gently caress optimism

LMAO sorry that was meant to be sarcasm. I'm dumb but i'm not that dumb, geez

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

:hmmyes:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

qcs is currently demanding reene resign, which is kinda funny to me cus its like an angry crowd of passengers storming up to captain edward smith on the titanic as the ship begins to tip precipitously upward and demanding he resign his position. qcs will qqcs until we slip beneath the waves

hey i know you dislike me and you annoyed the hell out of me a lot but you were always funny

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/derek8185338005/status/1276217652071944193

finally the true successor forum has been found

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Hey I probably shouldn't post this, but like 10 years ago I met you in real life and I always wondered if I should have told you. Your posting is good.

dm me on twitter if you have one.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

karma_coma posted:

I reregged almost immediately after I got toxx banned for Bernie. I fuckin love CSPAM!!!!

same. it's been fun posting here with everyone. hope the community survives in one form or another

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sharkie posted:

Oh gotcha snark retracted

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Circling the drain. Another $400 down in the past 8ish hours.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhdVNvd7yKo&t=121s

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sharkie posted:

I'm a foolish fool who was fooled

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

...a level beyond Something Awful...or as I like to call it, Something Awful 2!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ah isnt that some skullmund thing. skullmund is weird nazi gbs poo poo i think.

i checked skullmund a while back and its... something. i think its just people POSTING HARDCORE about skulls and metal music and stuff

like its aggressively unreadable. texts in entire posts are made to flash blue and red, seemingly at random. the background is a stuttering gif that constantly shakes. the entire color scheme is dark red on black

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Oh yeah, someone made a c-spam Twitter thread where people are posting their Twitter handles