Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Nurge posted:

OH DEAR I HAVE NEW INFORMATIONTR!!""#1

nice try but this thread has proven time and again that it does not fall for doctored facebook screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

According to this, the most he ever made on Patreon was over $15.5k a month, back in March/April last year, which would've been around the time of his boneitis, right? It declined steadily thereafter with a sharp dip in December and an even sharper dip in the last couple of days

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

juggalo baby coffin posted:

if this hadnt been covered up, if the police reports had been allowed to be posted without being deleted and the users banned, this would have blown a long time ago and logan never would have gotten involved with lowtax. its not the only factor but it is a factor, and its hosed up.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo. pisssssssss

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gold

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Muscle Wizard posted:

that is the story 'guts' by chuck palahniuk

That was a good one

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Realtalk, Here is the only way forward for the forum. No offsite will work as they are always at one extreme of the forum spectrum. Either a pussy hugbox tumblr like BnR where thought policing is the entire point of it's existence, or extremely comically racist like SomethingSensitive.

1.) depose lowtax somehow?

2.) institute a double jeopardy leper's colony, where i personally decide if a mod action was justified and if not their punishment gets applied to their stupid idiot rear end instead. Not one minute more of this unaccountable crouching rear end in a top hat hidden bitch moderation.

3.) undo all bans and permabans. There has been a decade of stupid petty rear end in a top hat tyrants like FactsAreUseless ruining this site with their stupid petty rear end in a top hat tantrums. We can re-sort out the true shitheads that deserve bans on the second round through, with the double jeopardy system. If AATrek isn't in jail somehow and came back you'd better believe that's a permaban. If Burt Sexual throws yet another tantrum and tries to ban someone for making a funny joke then he is getting thrown to the curb until he quits coming back or stops having crybaby tantrums. Problem solved.

4.) Lower the cost or eliminate the cost of most forum features. Once the giant parasitic leech has been removed from the revenue equation then someone who isn't a gigantic piece of lying poo poo can explain what really happens with money around here. We can keep traditional features like the membership cost or something (maybe at $5) but if we aren't buying Porsche and mansions for useless drunks that refuse to work then we can probably scale back and make the forums a bit more attractive with a free archive, smilies, in-site ads and avatar changes.

5.) Upgrade the forum once #4 is figured out.

Unfortunately since it's impossible to remove Lowtax from this forum this is impossible. He registered a domain 20+ years ago so he deserves millions of dollars from other people's content and thoughts. The only actual way forward is an offsite, which won't work. Even if we don't get a horrible extreme like BnR or SASS then we would just have unaccountable mods/admins ruining the place from the start instead of taking 20 years to kill the momentum this forum's community had with their actions.

This is correct

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

Discourse is possible but it's also hard to ignore the fact that the BnR stans were acting like it was insane and crazy to even say such a thing and demanding proof and then trying to discredit that proof.
You know, the exact same thing they are (rightfully, don't get me wrong) complaining about on SA.

A fast turnaround is a good thing and I'm glad they did that but the fact that the response was exactly the same poo poo we saw here for similar situations is extremely disheartening.

if you say two blatantly false things and one true thing, is it really that surprising that the people who know the first two things are false are going to assume the third is as well

the situation was handled in less than a day from accusation to execution so sitting on something awful of all places and trying to claim "that's terrible" is pretty hilarious

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

TTerrible posted:

lollll how is there in any way a lack of consensus holy poo poo

mods

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

corgski posted:

If you hate the SA mods bread and roses exists. The posting revolution you desperately want will be won by just loving going anywhere else holy gently caress.

turns out that was a lovely revolution with a bad leader so no one wants to follow it

gotta find another

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

garfield hentai posted:

beaten pages ago kinda but eh

guys I will miss this when this loving forums finally dump below the waters

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

According to this, the most he ever made on Patreon was over $15.5k a month, back in March/April last year, which would've been around the time of his boneitis, right? It declined steadily thereafter with a sharp dip in December and an even sharper dip in the last couple of days

Yeah didn't some ex-mod chump give him like $10000 in a single donation? Was it the loving hat guy?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dipshits like nurge keep insisting that nothing was covered up and yet most of the people in this thread had no idea about the police reports or even what happened at all with his last wife soooooo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

why does/did lowtax owe tax anyway? was he just literally too stupid to pay his taxes and got caught or what?

My guess? He didn’t put taxes aside and got walloped with a huge tax bill that he couldn’t pay because he spends all his money on medical bills and nonsense.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The periscope dick might actually feel really good idk

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

for anyone doubting that the mods have been deleting the lowtax police reports / pic of lauren's phone, remember what happened with shmorky? how there was like, literally a decade of evidence that he was a pedophile furry, but posting about it, or posting the pic of his fursona in a diaper that well predated his involvement with SA, was bannable. it took undeniable new evidence for him to finally be outed and forced out, at which point suddenly all this historical evidence manifested again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

juggalo baby coffin posted:

if this hadnt been covered up, if the police reports had been allowed to be posted without being deleted and the users banned, this would have blown a long time ago and logan never would have gotten involved with lowtax. its not the only factor but it is a factor, and its hosed up.

but on the bright side you'll all be able to post on a forum tailor-made by the same people who propagated this gently caress-up in a few short days...weeks..months?

Whatever it ends up being, just make sure you don't use your primary e-mail and use a password generator/two-factor because it is sure as poo poo gonna be a cobbled together mess

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Just a reminder Lowtax owns or leases ~$250k worth of cars, 3 different cars

Porsche 911, Audi A8, Nissan GT-R

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Lowtax? More like lowclass.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

garfield hentai posted:

beaten pages ago kinda but eh

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

re; the guns n roses forum it's pointless. the only old school style forums that make sense in 2020 are ones for things like repainting chairs or collecting retro beer cans. a forum as big and diverse as as SA can't be controlled without lots of mods, and when you have lots of mods there will inevitably be arseholes among them.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

reignonyourparade posted:

They aren't purporting to be with the spirit of SA. Poor replacement, but that's not on BnR itself, it's on all the people hyping it up as the place to be a replacement.

That's the thing. They don't want a community, they want a clique. gently caress cliques.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Inner Light posted:

Just a reminder Lowtax owns or leases ~$250k worth of cars, 3 different cars

I hope they're all leased so he can't sell them to stave off starvation.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

LastGoodBoy posted:

Lowtax? More like lowclass.

You made me lol

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Amethyst posted:

the moderation sounds worse than SA, just from the rules pages. no thanks

I was speaking specifically to juggalo baby coffin who sounds just like the posting superstars in control of B&R

fauisuseless
Jun 24, 2020

RESPECT WOMEN!

Realtalk, Here is the only way forward for the forum. No offsite will work as they are always at one extreme of the forum spectrum. Either a pussy hugbox tumblr like BnR where thought policing is the entire point of it's existence, or extremely comically racist like SomethingSensitive.

New management always tries to make a mark, it'll still veer to one extreme on the spectrum because the kinda person to take over is the kinda person who wants that power, SA works because the owner is a pillhead who doesn't care and lets it run wild

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Velgre posted:

Love is one of those things you never forget, like a soft whiff of perfume from some forgotten damsel, a ride through the countryside with your beloved, a freshly picked truffle shared between two. The day I met him will never slip past my memory. Forever my Lowtax, forever my Beloved.
On leave at my chateau in Avignon I spent many summers, nursing my wounds from the Great War whilst cultivating a fine harvest from my vineyards. 'twas mid-summer when I was picking my fleshy Merlot that I had first seen him in my fields, his windswept hair trailing in the breeze, his lips a deep wine red. A deep Merlot red. The coincidence had not struck me at the time, for I was immediately blinded by love. I chased him merrily through my fields, bounding after him with a new bounce in my step, for I had learned to love again.
Woefully vexed by my amorous advances, Lowtax evaded me for many days, disappearing into the tangled vines before I could catch his supple frame. War had aged me beyond my years, but it had taught me patience. Those trenches had left me a different man, no longer a youthful idealist of yesteryear but a hardened veteran. There could be no tears anymore, no disappointment, only my Lowtax, now and forever. Steadfast, I descended into the greenery with naught but my love, and emerged hours later holding him in my arms, sweat dripping from my brow.
T'was after weeks of silence, during which my love had never left his room, I at last caught him draped in bedsheets, rummaging through my pantry. He spun around to face me, his youthful face white in the terror of the moment, his chartreuse eyes staring at me quizzically, wanting, no, desiring an answer. My response came as I pressed my lips to his, holding his head in place with the firm grip of my hands. As I withdrew nearly an eternity later, I whispered lovely things into his ears and gently caressed his cheeks. Tears, not of terror, but of joy.
"Ah, I don't understand. Why me?" he gasped, faltering under my touch like a ripe grape spilling forth its lovely nectar.
"Xanadu is ours, my love. We'll settle this in the master bedroom," I muttered in response to his query, as once more I took him into my arms. He was as a cherub, light and pale as air, expediting my ascent up the grand staircase.
It was with great haste I took each bound up the stairs, my feet pounding in lockstep with the pounding of my heartbeat, I laid my dearest Lowtax upon the finest satin pillows and slowly swayed around the bedroom as I lit a candle for every day that I promised to love him. The entire abode had been lit from wall to wall with the flames of passion, each stick of scented wax offering its own say in the grand commotion of odors.
So many minutes melted by like the trickle of liquid tallow dripping from the racks on the walls, pooling on the floor until a mighty sea accumulated. The bed was our boat, and we rocked the sea of love as we consummated our hasty marriage.
All the world was there in one place, a sanctum belonging to us and us alone.
For hours we laid there in the afterglow, gazing upon each other as if we had been the creator, the one who had given rise to all love and beautiful things in the world, the source of all that was pure and delightful. It did not matter that morning had soon approached, for there was no time outside this humble dwelling, no responsibilities, the harshness of the world drowned out in the sighing of an angel. My angel. My Lowtax. I kissed him before I slipped off into slumber, every muscle in my body pleading for but a few hours respite.
As I awoke nearly a day later, there had been no movement by my side. Had my love gone off to the outhouse? Perhaps to the pantry once more to raid like the rascal he was? No, there was something under the covers to my side, but there was no movement, no sound of breath. With a great wail I cried out in anguish, tearing away the blanket from the body of my seraph.
Gripping his shoulders with both my hands, I shook him desperately, trying to coax him back to life. I gave him my breath into his lips, I searched desperately for an obstruction in his gullet. No! Not my Lowtax! Please, take me instead! In all my commotion, I had not noticed that his eyes had opened once more.
Gasping for breath, he could barely crane his head up to look at me, let alone speak. I knew for an instant that my love had been too much. There could be no doctors to call for, no aid that could be given to my love, but for my companionship at the bedside in his final moments of lucidity.
"Oh, I don't feel so hot anymore," groaned Lowtax, for the last time. He sunk into a deep sleep, the eternal sleep, that which separates lovers forever. Distraught, I looked to the sky, pleading to heavens above for an answer as tears streamed down my quivering cheeks like the river Rhine. This was a joke! This must have been a joke! The answer laid in my dresser. Binding my bayonet to my shaking left hand, I did what many of those bloodthirsty Prussians had desired to do in those trench charges. Upon my last dying gasps I embraced my Lowtax, our sanguine love pooling around us in deep crimson. Blood, hot like magma. Love, rich like Kyanka.
The real joke, folks, is that Lowtax kept admin in the first place.

wow :razz: so zany dude, epic ftw :D

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Amethyst posted:

Like everyone pretending bread and roses could be the new SA are deluded. bread and roses splintered off for reasons as divisive as the 4chan split

Know nothing about Bread and Roses the way people are aggressively promoting it in this thread is obnoxious enough for me not to ever go there.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Justin Credible posted:

They want a slice and not the whole community, SA is loving done if the 'new' forums are all like this.

this may come as a surprise to you but SA isn't "a whole community", it's like 10 communities wrapped in a trench coat pretending to be one forum and any time there's cross pollination between 2 of them it blows up in drama, bans, reports, and QCS threads that goes completely unnoticed by the other 8 communities until months after the fact when there's a PYF saga post about it

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Frank Frank posted:

My guess? He didn’t put taxes aside and got walloped with a huge tax bill that he couldn’t pay because he spends all his money on medical bills and nonsense.

in truth, being so sick that you're constantly in pain can turn even 'good' people into raging assholes and get the best of us into money troubles

however, this poo poo was happening before the spine stuff so lowtax is just Like This

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

re; the guns n roses forum it's pointless. the only old school style forums that make sense in 2020 are ones for things like repainting chairs or collecting retro beer cans. a forum as big and diverse as as SA can't be controlled without lots of mods, and when you have lots of mods there will inevitably be arseholes among them.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Evil Trout posted:

I feel like Lowtax only has one possible pivot from this. He'll have to join the MRA crowd and talk about how all the zillion allegations against him are made up and will end up being the webmaster of the Jordan Peterson forums.

I have to say even his webmaster resume doesn't look all that great

"What did you do during your twenty years as a webmaster?" and he's just got nothing

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Muscle Wizard posted:

i dunno how much responsibility we can expect from people that do this poo poo on a volunteer basis. its easy now in hindsight to see that thing have become really bad but mods and admins have their own lives to deal with too. it wouldnt hurt to get a loving apology though.

The "mods have lives" things rings hollow when you can trigger a psychotic break by posting baba booey at the podcast mod or the en mod stalks someone into other subforums to scold them. The end result of having a notoriously strict mod crew but also vaguely defined standards is that people who have little sense of boundaries between themselves, others, and the forum are selected for and actively enabled. The whole thing of having to be recruited in the first place by like minded mods doesn't help

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1.) depose lowtax somehow?

2.) institute a double jeopardy leper's colony, where i personally decide if a mod action was justified and if not their punishment gets applied to their stupid idiot rear end instead. Not one minute more of this unaccountable crouching rear end in a top hat hidden bitch moderation.

3.) undo all bans and permabans. There has been a decade of stupid petty rear end in a top hat tyrants like FactsAreUseless ruining this site with their stupid petty rear end in a top hat tantrums. We can re-sort out the true shitheads that deserve bans on the second round through, with the double jeopardy system. If AATrek isn't in jail somehow and came back you'd better believe that's a permaban. If Burt Sexual throws yet another tantrum and tries to ban someone for making a funny joke then he is getting thrown to the curb until he quits coming back or stops having crybaby tantrums. Problem solved.

4.) Lower the cost or eliminate the cost of most forum features. Once the giant parasitic leech has been removed from the revenue equation then someone who isn't a gigantic piece of lying poo poo can explain what really happens with money around here. We can keep traditional features like the membership cost or something (maybe at $5) but if we aren't buying Porsche and mansions for useless drunks that refuse to work then we can probably scale back and make the forums a bit more attractive with a free archive, smilies, in-site ads and avatar changes.

5.) Upgrade the forum once #4 is figured out.

Unfortunately since it's impossible to remove Lowtax from this forum this is impossible. He registered a domain 20+ years ago so he deserves millions of dollars from other people's content and thoughts. The only actual way forward is an offsite, which won't work. Even if we don't get a horrible extreme like BnR or SASS then we would just have unaccountable mods/admins ruining the place from the start instead of taking 20 years to kill the momentum this forum's community had with their actions.

Problem is when you go around calling pussies and saying corny stuff like "thought policing" you also sound like a nimrod. IMO all is doomed

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

Just throwing this out there, but I've seen more goatse and beecock in the last 24 hours than I have in the 14 years I've been here

I guess what I'm trying to say is Lowtax is a Bad Man

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Justin Credible posted:

That's the thing. They don't want a community, they want a clique. gently caress cliques.

I wouldn't agree with that. They want a community, but they want one with some fundamental departures from the SA community that aren't just political in nature, that makes it a poor replacement.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

this may come as a surprise to you but SA isn't "a whole community", it's like 10 communities wrapped in a trench coat pretending to be one forum

Every megathread in Games is its own community, poo poo

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Nurge posted:

mermermermer

This poo poo supposed to be funny or something?

gently caress, can I get my $10 back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I just want somewhere that will accept me for being a sarcastic shitposter who tries to be funny and mostly is not but has a heart of gold and just wants to stay home and play video games with his two cats.