Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Hey guys, what did I miss?

Lowtax: Uh, mods, we can't have any dissenting opinions in GBS. I want you to probate posts from everyone.
Mods: You heard the man.

*goons slyly pass around info and as a consequence accidently trigger a forums meltdown*

Also goons: Get away from her you FUCKMAN.

*Lowtax is ejected and screams while floating into the void*

Or something like that, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is rumor control. Here are the facts: Lowtax beats women and is a general shitbag.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
We give you thanks, O' Lowtax. Your wife beating has come and the time is near for you to be judged. The apocalypse is upon us! Let us be ready! Let your mercy be just! Amen!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I admire his purity. An abuser... Unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality. I can't lie to you about these forums' chances, but... You have my sympathies.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Secreted.....secreted from what?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lowtax (raises fists): I like to keep these handy, for close encounters... With women.
Reene and Burt Sexual (in unison): I hear that.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nuke it from offsite, just to be sure

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hello thread. If you're not watching the stream of Windows Movie House, it's showing Superior Firepower : Making 'Aliens' (2003). :getin:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Lowtax (raises fists): I like to keep these handy, for close encounters... With women.
Reene and Burt Sexual (in unison): I hear that.

:captainpop:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Guess she didn't like the cornbread either.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Shaocaholica posted:

Do chest bursters not have acid blood or something? At most Jonesy could self sacrifice or flush it out but he's not a dog.

I'd like to think Jonesy would treat the chestburster like a cat treats any other prey, snapping their neck (? spine? I dunno loving it up somehow) and leaving it for the crew to find, as an offering, versus ripping it to shreds

which I suppose cats do also but I'm used to the farm cats I used to hang with, who would cleanly snap necks and leave things on doorsteps

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Code Jockey posted:

I'd like to think Jonesy would treat the chestburster like a cat treats any other prey, snapping their neck (? spine? I dunno loving it up somehow) and leaving it for the crew to find, as an offering, versus ripping it to shreds

which I suppose cats do also but I'm used to the farm cats I used to hang with, who would cleanly snap necks and leave things on doorsteps

The chestburster popped out of Kane, ran across the table, and jumped onto to floor.
What they didn't show was Jonesy batting it around, tossing it up in the air for 15 minutes before knocking it up under the couch and wandering off to go barf in Ash's shoes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
We still thinking about Aliens (the movie) ITT?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm upset my thing joke didn't get any traction, that was sensible chuckle-worthy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

We still thinking about Aliens (the movie) ITT?

I stood in front of my sliding glass door last night, hoping to get brutally owned by an alien from 2007, but it did not happen. I will try again tonight

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jay_Zombie posted:

The chestburster popped out of Kane, ran across the table, and jumped onto to floor.
What they didn't show was Jonesy batting it around, tossing it up in the air for 15 minutes before knocking it up under the couch and wandering off to go barf in Ash's shoes.

That explains why the Alien leaves Jones alone when he finds him in the cat carrier later. Even fully contained, the Alien knows that Jones is not to be hosed with - killing machines recognize killing machines.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

That explains why the Alien leaves Jones alone when he finds him in the cat carrier later. Even fully contained, the Alien knows that Jones is not to be hosed with - killing machines recognize killing machines.

I don't even consider myself a cat person, but I absolutely recognize that on a particular scale, they are near perfect predators, bordering on super powered. That gets them my respect.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jay_Zombie posted:

I don't even consider myself a cat person, but I absolutely recognize that on a particular scale, they are near perfect predators, bordering on super powered. That gets them my respect.

This is true, I saw an episode of Nova or Nature about it.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

This is true, I saw an episode of Nova or Nature about it.

The fact that they can be sadistic assholes that toy with their prey before killing it, is just icing on the cake. :)

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
This is the greatest thing ever.

“Aboard the USCSS Nostromo, Jonesy leads a simple life enjoying The Company cat food and chasing space rodents. Until one day, his cryostasis catnap is rudely interrupted. The humans have a new pet and it’s definitely not housetrained.”

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jay_Zombie posted:

The fact that they can be sadistic assholes that toy with their prey before killing it, is just icing on the cake. :)

Dead loving serious, there are three species on earth that kill for reasons other than defense or food: humans, dolphins, and the common housecat. They are literally nature’s serial killers.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Jonesy should've been a character in the AvP arcade game, but perhaps he'd be too powerful

DLC for Alien: Isolation maybe?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cats don't always kill things for fun, sometimes they kill things for practice so they can kill things in more fun ways in the future

Also they don't have to obey the laws of physics. I've seen my cat do some jet li bullshit just playing around with his toys. I swear to God they can do straight up smash bros double jumps

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cats also don’t have any bones, in actuality they’re amorphous blobs with some cartilage that gives them a vaguely cat-like shape sometimes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

purple death ray posted:

Cats don't always kill things for fun, sometimes they kill things for practice so they can kill things in more fun ways in the future

Also they don't have to obey the laws of physics. I've seen my cat do some jet li bullshit just playing around with his toys. I swear to God they can do straight up smash bros double jumps

My cat once took the shape of a small Chinese style dragon and intercepted a thrown remote control, thus cementing the grudge she has against my roommate to this very day.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

AvPClassic is $1.25 on Steam right now, anyone who doesn't have it and wants to play it has no excuse not to pick it up. :colbert:

In fact, the next 4 people who want it, PM me your Steam details and I'll hook you up. Note: please only take advantage of this offer if you actually intend to play the game.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://www.ign.com/articles/alien-predator-marvel-comics-xenomorph-iron-man-avengers

Marvel gets the license to Aliens and Predator.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

This was inevitable - why would Disney outsource comics for something they own when they have their own in-house comic studio? They did the same thing for Star Wars.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hold on, hold on just a second. This franchise has a substantial dollar value attached to it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't give a poo poo what anyone says I love superhero movies. Marvel did an excellent job with the stuff they did and the Alien franchise can't possibly get any worse with them behind the wheel.

I mean, assuming they actually make movies with it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Can't wait for a 20 movie PG13 Aliens franchise. Let's run this poo poo into the ground

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh poo poo. I forgot about the whole PG-13 is the best mass market bullshit.

:(

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't give a poo poo what anyone says I love superhero movies. Marvel did an excellent job with the stuff they did and the Alien franchise can't possibly get any worse with them behind the wheel.

I HATE most superhero movies but you're right, I don't see how they could gently caress the IP up more.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

frankly i would rather get prom3theus than a hundred mass appeal alien movies with quippy josh whedon dialogue.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Tight.

I'm still holding out for that Neil Blomkamp-directed Aliens sequel that was supposed to have Michael Biehn and Carrie Henn onboard before it evaporated. I mean, the guy only really knows how to write one movie, but he sure does love cool future guns and tech and that stuff would be right at home in an Aliens sequel.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

You guys are losing sight of the reality around Alien movies.

There are only two. Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986).

I don't know why people insist that there are other movies. This is so nuts. I mean, listen - listen to what you're saying. It's paranoid delusion. How - It's really sad. It's pathetic.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

You guys are losing sight of the reality around Alien movies.

There are only two. Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986).

I don't know why people insist that there are other movies. This is so nuts. I mean, listen - listen to what you're saying. It's paranoid delusion. How - It's really sad. It's pathetic.

You know zombie guy, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them ruining franchises over a Goddamn percentage.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Its true whoever mentioned seeing the sequel first torches the suspense of the original, NEVER allow friends or loved ones to suffer such a fate.

Can confirm.

I let my 9 year old watch Alien tonight and it was crazy cool watching him go from bored to death to biting his pillow. He liked to poo poo during the escape pod reveal and tension payoff was totally worth it.

Aliens he'll probably like more but without the setup it wouldn't work and he was in NO HURRY to watch the sequel believe it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So does that make the Alien Queen a disney princess?