Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know. i keep seeing impassioned posts and then beecock and it resets my thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I've learned a lot in the past few days. Mostly about cock related memes.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

So, as someone who hasn't really been a poster outside of the niche specific forums, uh, is the latest announcement good news?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We might... we might just be ok, folks :unsmith:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
now i don't have to register on a terrible offsite

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

blast0rama posted:

So, as someone who hasn't really been a poster outside of the niche specific forums, uh, is the latest announcement good news?

Jeff will be the face of the forums while Lowtax gets his royalties checks in secret

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i registered on the off-site. Might post there one day, but I need to start reading it and then wait about 3 years. If it exists after that then you might see me hanging about. Over at whiskey toast. Haha

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it’s good.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MotU posted:

Jeff will be the face of the forums while Lowtax gets his royalties checks in secret

So we're doing an ROH 2004?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Could have made dynamite poster of the week if I'd kept the faith :negative:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

Jeff will be the face of the forums

I graciously accept this highly paid position.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvXm5HuR72k

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

blast0rama posted:

So we're doing an ROH 2004?

its more like Vince Russo is writing for the front page

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

This is probably the best possible realistic outcome, even if it’s not the perfect outcome. I’m glad the forums will still exist and not be fractured (much).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

I graciously accept this highly paid position.

I said Jeff not Jacob Friedman Fans, pls to be reading

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

Could have made dynamite poster of the week if I'd kept the faith :negative:

someone new jumped into the top 5 of 2020 after this past episode. everyone should get to posting next week

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think Seth Rollins should be made the new mod, as a sign of good faith

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

blast0rama posted:

Huh. I honestly expected Lowtax to put up more of a fight, or just spite-nuke the database or something. Still, I'd call not having to jump into lifeboats because the ship's sinking For Real good news yeah.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

blast0rama posted:

its extremely good if it goes through, jeff is a good dude

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

good start but two mods need to go too

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So this is essentially Yub Nub time only it's not the BEST outcome so instead of old man Vader force ghost we get Hayden Christensen force ghost.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

The gross option is that he somehow gets a huge payout when someone buys Something Awful from him and just keeps being a lovely person.

Welp

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

weekly font posted:

good start but two mods need to go too

It’s time for the SuperMod Shakeup™️

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm super-loving relieved by this news. The idea of Lowtax causing the death of these forums after he's been absentee and uninvolved for so long was incredibly grating (and yes, I know this is the least important thing to be concerned about in the grander scheme of the monstrous things he did). I suppose there is still a chance this doesn't all go through but for now I'm hopeful SA just gets to continue on without him. The safety nets of the Discords, Breadnroses, various other pre-existing forums like The Board and DVDR etc were all there and for that I'm grateful, but it wouldn't have been the same.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, I'm glad there are lifeboats and alternatives but it's nice to know this dumb thing will continue existing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jerusalem posted:

I'm super-loving relieved by this news. The idea of Lowtax causing the death of these forums after he's been absentee and uninvolved for so long was incredibly grating (and yes, I know this is the least important thing to be concerned about in the grander scheme of the monstrous things he did). I suppose there is still a chance this doesn't all go through but for now I'm hopeful SA just gets to continue on without him. The safety nets of the Discords, Breadnroses, various other pre-existing forums like The Board and DVDR etc were all there and for that I'm grateful, but it wouldn't have been the same.

but goon projects never work J-Ru

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

sad to hear that you and Junpei are stepping down, but i'm sure there's someone here who will do a really good job modding this beloved subforum

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It is time to celebrate

Someone put the belt back on the pepsi pig

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

its extremely good if it goes through, jeff is a good dude

Is he? I mean this seriously, my experience with him is primarily that he defended the PPJ Nazi hunting and thought it was a good idea and way supposedly a hold out on FYAD being closed so I'm legitimately curious what people like about Jeff.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is he? I mean this seriously, my experience with him is primarily that he defended the PPJ Nazi hunting and thought it was a good idea and way supposedly a hold out on FYAD being closed so I'm legitimately curious what people like about Jeff.

the second thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am appreciative of jeff for working on the forums and being the only person who i know that they do good things for the forums while every other admin seems like they are dragons sitting on gold. but I have no idea if he is a good guy. Don't tell anyone i said this because I don't want to become banned.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The King Is Dead

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tyma posted:

I've never mentioned this in the Rugby thread, because it's super, super hard to talk about Rugby, now that I'm signed to one of the unions, and get to work with some of the players and referees that we absolutely, definitely didn't say many nice things about in a few of the past threads ^^;

Imagining Tyma gritting their teeth and forcing a smile while hanging out with Johnny Wilkinson :allears:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

idk i met him a long time ago back when he played fighting games and hes still cool with some of my other goon friends and is pretty smart, that's my experience with him, i haven't actually talked to him in a long time and have 0 clue about any forums drama he was involved with

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cyrano vouches for him and that’s good enough for me at this point.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Seth Rollins posted:

sad to hear that you and Junpei are stepping down

wait what

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Give Cavauro, Chris James 2 and yea ok mod powers and have five mods that all even each other out

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jeffrey bring back LF

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it's just a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's just a bit

having a real life and being a normal person and mod responsibilities are seemingly incompatible and i think jru mentioned stepping back a couple days ago