Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
wow what a roller coaster

also,

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I"ll gently caress anything that moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

honestly as far as gimmick accounts go "really mad about jeffrey of YOSPOS over his sql skills" is a pretty good one

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lol holy poo poo it's petey

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

For the record, Jeffrey repeatedly ignored me during the whole PPJ saga when I kept trying to explain why C-SPAM was angry and what he could do to help the situation.

It was very frustrating.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

T-man posted:

captain of the titanic: DON'T PANIC! We're buying out the iceberg! Come back!!!

You dare doubt the power of number?!?!?!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

LK, will you get us some proof of what's happened once it happens?

I trust you not to be lovebombed by lowtax and roped into his cycles of abuse.

feels like we havent heard from lk since he resigned. maybe hes taking some time to decompress?

edit: lol nm he's still around

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Quetzadilla posted:

My dear goon, the announcement has an animated porky the pig going "that's all folks" inside the goatass. It is 100% a joke.

That's the least stupid option, and if we can be sure of one thing in 2020 it's that the least stupid option NEVER happens.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

honestly as far as gimmick accounts go "really mad about jeffrey of YOSPOS over his sql skills" is a pretty good one

once that guy gets banned for insulting the admins (who i have always respected) i will adopt the 'hes bad at css' gimmick and skate by unscathed

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

he's not
of the things we know he's bad at, that's arguably the worst one

All I know is there have been more forums improvements with Jeffrey as admin than any of the other admins in the last 8+ years

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phil Layshow posted:

feels like we havent heard from lk since he resigned. maybe hes taking some time to decompress?

I was going to play POE but then this stuff happened and I am very tired.

Anyway here's a live feed of what we're hoping will happen, in meme format:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

*slaps roof of outlook* you can fit a good 50 pounds of despair in here

dont doxx my inbox

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

All I know is there have been more forums improvements with Jeffrey as admin than any of the other admins in the last 8+ years

That's just factually not true
again, him "fixing the search" was just him turning back on the search indexer that ZDR turned off because it was broken and it's why the forums routinely run lovely for random periods of time
he still hasn't fixed it because he doesn't know how

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lightning Knight posted:

Proof of what, exactly?

I can say that you may think what you will of Jeffrey, but it's not a ruse and he's legitimately attempting to remove Lowtax from the forums.

If you don't like Jeffrey and don't think him owning the site would be any better then I don't think you should stay. I don't say that with judgement, just that you should trust your instincts.

But it's not like, a ploy or trick or something to keep Lowtax involved. None of us loving like Lowtax lol.

Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg trials after spending months or years protecting Hitler: "None of us loving like Hitler lol."

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yeah i feel like this deal is either never happening, or not happening but they'll say it did

the wild card is that he apparently owns or owned an audi a8 and a porsche 911 at least fairly recently

if he inherited some rich uncle or something, he might be fine financially and who knows, he might give up the forums

but if he's up to his cybernetic neck in debt like he says, then he needs his hundred grand a year, and he's not gonna take fifty bucks and a handshake

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

WampaLord posted:

For the record, Jeffrey repeatedly ignored me during the whole PPJ saga when I kept trying to explain why C-SPAM was angry and what he could do to help the situation.

It was very frustrating.

lmao the ground is falling away from under these people and they have no idea what to do

[reverend wright] lowtax's chickens are coming home to roost

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Lightning Knight posted:

Proof of what, exactly?

I can say that you may think what you will of Jeffrey, but it's not a ruse and he's legitimately attempting to remove Lowtax from the forums.

If you don't like Jeffrey and don't think him owning the site would be any better then I don't think you should stay. I don't say that with judgement, just that you should trust your instincts.

But it's not like, a ploy or trick or something to keep Lowtax involved. None of us loving like Lowtax lol.
LK have you considered usurping the throne for yourself? i'd vote for you

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Looks to me like another ruse to Do Nothing

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Proof of what, exactly?

I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that lowtax won't be getting paid outside of an initial one-way purchase and is actually being cut out completely and left without any financial connection to the site.

Like, I remember that thing he did with Radium where he pretended that Radium was fired that he had hired somebody new, but really he was still paying Radium to pretend that he was somebody else.

I don't know Jeffrey at all and have never seen mention of him before, but I'm basically just worried that Lowtax has found a way to keep leeching off of the site indefinitely.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

WampaLord posted:

It was very frustrating.

He very briefly decided that I was the Official CSPAM Spokesperson (much to everyone's, including and especially mine, disbelief and dismay) because I'd written some dumb effortpost fueled entirely by insomnia and existential despair.

That was a weird couple of days.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

cool dance moves posted:

[reverend wright] lowtax's chickens are coming home to roost

That was Malcolm X first

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My one and only escape hatch for my pure, pulsating hatred for this is if Jeff also fucks off along with every modmin involved with covering up the abuse

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lol holy poo poo it's petey

suprise petey was certainly a shock

so how long do we repeat another ancient bit of goon history and learn that redacted never left and Jeffery is actually radium

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Lightning Knight posted:

Proof of what, exactly?

How does Jeffrey just have (at least) six figures lying round in the middle of a huge recession? Is he independently wealthy or some poo poo? If so why is he wasting his life as an admin on a dying forum?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the fact that money isn't mentioned at all in that announcement is super concerning

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
maybe jase1 is underwriting the deal

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

sincx posted:

How does Jeffrey just have (at least) six figures lying round in the middle of a huge recession? Is he independently wealthy or some poo poo? If so why is he wasting his life as an admin on a dying forum?

bitcoin

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that lowtax won't be getting paid outside of an initial one-way purchase and is actually being cut out completely and left without any financial connection to the site.

Like, I remember that thing he did with Radium where he pretended that Radium was fired that he had hired somebody new, but really he was still paying Radium to pretend that he was somebody else.

I don't know Jeffrey at all and have never seen mention of him before, but I'm basically just worried that Lowtax has found a way to keep leeching off of the site indefinitely.

jeffery is the guy who fought tooth and nail to keep fyad open after the racism, trans poster doxxing, and general nazitude. He is only better than Lowtax insofar as he hasn't been credibly accused of abuse. So far. As far as I know. Anyone going in for him taking over is voting for the Joe Biden of Something Awful.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sincx posted:

I don't know how much money is being discussed. I am not privy to the terms of the deal.

But, as I said: if you don't trust Jeffrey, then don't trust Jeffrey. I'm not going to come out here and be like actually he's the greatest ever, I've had my disagreements with him too. But I want to see Lowtax gone and the forums survive. If you don't believe Jeffrey can, or will, do that, then follow your heart.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Phil Layshow posted:

maybe jase1 is underwriting the deal

what, like, lending the money to jeffrey to buy the site? jeffrey announced he's personally gonna own all the assets lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

try to follow me here but the mods and admins are fuckin stupid as poo poo

when i learned ppj was the jones i knew of, and that he was master of D&D, I truly realized how funny this website is. That he contrived a nazi hunter plan is just icing on the cake.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't know how much money is being discussed. I am not privy to the terms of the deal.

But, as I said: if you don't trust Jeffrey, then don't trust Jeffrey. I'm not going to come out here and be like actually he's the greatest ever, I've had my disagreements with him too. But I want to see Lowtax gone and the forums survive. If you don't believe Jeffrey can, or will, do that, then follow your heart.

the fact that you don't have a nojoe explains this take

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jeffrey's going to sign a contract he can barely understand and end up taking over all lowtax's debts

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i think my goatse/tubgirl/lotus seed pod/lemon party thread is going to drop off page 1 of QCS and i'll never get perma'd for it. lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lmao it's this isn't it

this explains why he's got the time to work for free on an ancient mess of php from hell

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
give the forums to me instead

what's the going rate, I saw $150k

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SpiderHyphenMan, I like your new avatar/text

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:grovertoot:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

That's just factually not true
again, him "fixing the search" was just him turning back on the search indexer that ZDR turned off because it was broken and it's why the forums routinely run lovely for random periods of time
he still hasn't fixed it because he doesn't know how

Not just that, but there've been a ton of subtle UI improvements, including all the C-SPAM specific styles. I don't know if Jeffrey is actually personally responsible for any of it but he was admin when it happened

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

i think my goatse/tubgirl/lotus seed pod/lemon party thread is going to drop off page 1 of QCS and i'll never get perma'd for it. lmao

id strongly bet the admin who just included goatse in his forum wide announcement is not gonna perma you for that during all this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

So how did ppj get outed

I missed that part