Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Good question!

Besides Skyhammer and Breacher who are both top-notch, I’d say Decepticons Ice Pick and Skullgrin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
This thread is the only place I go for TF news anymore. I can't stand anywhere else. I used to be really active in previous iterations of this thread, but rarely post anymore just due to my current busy life. Everyone here is so levelheaded and genuinely nice that the thought of losing out on this little community has had me stressed out for the past couple of days. Hopefully the new ownership deal goes through and we can keep this thing rolling for years to come.

Moving on, I'm really looking forward to that BTTF figure. I loved Ectotron and want to see what that Top Gun jet guy looks like better. I hope we see a Blues Brothers figure in the future.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Unsurprising :geno:

Captain Magic posted:

Good question!

Besides Skyhammer and Breacher who are both top-notch, I’d say Decepticons Ice Pick and Skullgrin.
Skullgrin is a movie star! It was, oddly, one of the less terrible Marvel G1 stories. Also him and Ice Pick aren't exactly great toys.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Don't forget the other non-screen Bayverse bots, chaps like Wreckage and Truck Dropkick and Terradive and Ransack and Mindwipe and Skystalker

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Robot Style posted:

Here's a question - what are the best toys that have the least characterization? I've started grabbing a different robot to hang out on my desk each day since I started working from home, and I'm finding myself rediscovering a lot of really cool robots with next to nothing in terms of presence in fiction, like today's good friend Skyhammer.

Most of the toy only Bayverse characters work great for this purpose, ROTF Thrust is one of my favorites not only because he has a very unique robot mode aesthetic but also because he has one of the cleanest jet modes of any transformer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phy posted:

Don't forget the other non-screen Bayverse bots, chaps like Wreckage and Truck Dropkick and Terradive and Ransack and Mindwipe and Skystalker

The tow truck bot is also exceptionally good

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

HftD scout class darling, Breacher. He’s honestly such an amazing figure.

Goddamn everybody from Revenge of the Fallen was a treasure.

I never saw the movie, but as I understand, none of these guys really featured in any of it. They just gave the designers free reign to make whatever they wanted, so you get all these distinct characters that transform from vehicles that you don't see anywhere else in the franchise and change in such unique ways that you don't see throughout the franchise.

The Real Gear bots were amazing hits as well.

Unique look, unique transformations, good all around. Never seen before or since. I actually used the Camera guy to make a communist robot for a diorama in high school, I love that ushanka.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The ROTF/2010 Scouts were all time.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that gamepad that transforms into a quaterback gorilla.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This doesn’t work :[

Sorry, I forgot there was a like 24 hour window on those invite links. Our mod has posted I think a permanent link with this though. https://discord.gg/XA29QX

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 26, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

Other than Swindle, First Aid in the IDW comics, and maybe the Aerialbots in the G1 cartoon, the vast majority of the combiner limbs probably fall into this category. Especially the Terrorcons and Technobots.

The Technobots has personalities, even if it's one-note. Afterburner is anti-authority, Nosecone is meticulous, Lightspeed is a dreamer who wants to fly, Strafe is paranoid, Scattershot is... the leader? The Terrorcons I couldn't tell you much about other than Blot stinks.

Managed to pick up Grapple, Wheeljack and Cliffjumper. Who am I still missing out of the wave?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hasbro just announced a big accessory set with Roller and a G1 style rifle for Earthrise Prime, Soundwave in in-scale cassette player mode, Megatron and Shockwave in in-scale gun modes, a cage for Ravage, Energon cubes, and lots of other G1 show-accurate weapons and accessories, to go on sale on Pulse at 1:00.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hasbro just announced a big accessory set with Roller and a G1 style rifle for Earthrise Prime, Soundwave in in-scale cassette player mode, Megatron and Shockwave in in-scale gun modes, a cage for Ravage, Energon cubes, and lots of other G1 show-accurate weapons and accessories, to go on sale on Pulse at 1:00.

specifically the set comes with a redeco of Brunt as the IDW Centurion figure

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-generations-selects-deluxe-wfc-gs18-autobot-tigertrack
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-generations-selects-deluxe-wfc-gs19-rotorstorm
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-deluxe-centurion-drone-weaponizer-pack

Centurion and the weapons pack is up at Hasbro Pulse, along with Selects Rotorstorm and Tigertrack.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Wow. That Rotorstorm's chest is painted like the original toy, which used the chopper cockpit for the chest. Is three cockpits the limit, or will this be a Gilette situation?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thank god I'm getting away from Warhammer to spend more timemoney on this hobby

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The drone+accessories pack was $19 when I bought it, now up to $29 :O

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

Wow. That Rotorstorm's chest is painted like the original toy, which used the chopper cockpit for the chest. Is three cockpits the limit, or will this be a Gilette situation?

gently caress everything, we're doing five cockpits.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DigitalRaven posted:

That mold seems to attract delightful colour-schemes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They could have at least retooled Rotorstorm’s head.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

The drone+accessories pack was $19 when I bought it, now up to $29 :O

Really? Grr.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Taint reaped again?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
It was accidentally up for $20. Oh wellllll

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

They could have at least retooled Rotorstorm’s head.
Hopefully they will? Can Deceptive Thinker refuse to confirm or deny in a way that will let us infer whatever we want to infer?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Phy posted:

drrockso20 posted:

Most of the toy only Bayverse characters work great for this purpose, ROTF Thrust is one of my favorites not only because he has a very unique robot mode aesthetic but also because he has one of the cleanest jet modes of any transformer
Shameless plug reminder that I'm selling off a lot of these guys, $10 a piece for deluxes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BHDbgOR-IAYCczH-nyNtBthcsQr1rUWJlHXMIuZZdzE/edit?usp=sharing

I also preordered the accessories pack, but really I just want Roller and some of the accessories. I'll probably sell off the Centurion guy when the time comes, if anyone's just interested in the guy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

I also preordered the accessories pack, but really I just want Roller and some of the accessories. I'll probably sell off the Centurion guy when the time comes, if anyone's just interested in the guy.

According to the comments on FB, that’s going to be the super common thing.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Technowolf posted:

Thank god I'm getting away from Warhammer to spend more timemoney on this hobby

One of us! One of us!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Knormal posted:

Shameless plug reminder that I'm selling off a lot of these guys, $10 a piece for deluxes.

How much for the movie leader Megatron premium edition?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knormal posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BHDbgOR-IAYCczH-nyNtBthcsQr1rUWJlHXMIuZZdzE/edit?usp=sharing

Do you have a contact I can hit up? I'm interested in Universe Cheetor and Blastcharge.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I snagged Centurion when he was 20bux, what a steal

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The_Doctor posted:

According to the comments on FB, that’s going to be the super common thing.

Which is pretty cool for people that want to army build.

I wonder if that cage will fit the original Ravage. Mostly want that set, so I can give the 35 anniversary Prime the axe hand.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Prophet of Nixon posted:

How much for the movie leader Megatron premium edition?
I'm asking $10 for deluxes, $15 for voyagers, $30 for leaders.

Nodosaur posted:

Do you have a contact I can hit up? I'm interested in Universe Cheetor and Blastcharge.
Normally I deal in PMs, you're a regular good poster so I would have just bought you a forums upgrade a week ago but I don't really want to give the forums any money right now until the handover's complete. My email address is my IRL name so I don't want to post it, do you have one you can share? If not we'll work something out.

Also I just want to double-check that your are acting on your own free will and are of sound mind and body before accepting your money for this figure:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Knormal posted:

*raises hand*

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knormal posted:

Normally I deal in PMs, you're a regular good poster so I would have just bought you a forums upgrade a week ago but I don't really want to give the forums any money right now until the handover's complete. My email address is my IRL name so I don't want to post it, do you have one you can share? If not we'll work something out.

Also I just want to double-check that your are acting on your own free will and are of sound mind and body before accepting your money for this figure:

I'm not really eager to give my email on this board. do you have a twitter or other social media account I could DM you on? If not I'm willing to wait until the forum turnover is finalized.

and heck yeah, I want him. I love Vehicons.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Knormal posted:

I really want to use Blastcharge in a comic someday, have him be part of a tribe of Cybertronians for whom their vehicle mode is their primary mode and their robot mode is the alt-mode, merely something they adopted out of convenience for interacting with other tribes of Cybertronian who follow the "standard" model

Basically unlike most people who do Transformers comics where they mostly ignore the various gimmicks of the franchise and indeed often underutilize even standard transforming, I'd go whole hog in exploring those and their effects on Cybertronian civilization

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'mma make him an RID 2001 Decepticon!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The vehicle mode is so good but the robot mode is the inverse completely

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

drrockso20 posted:

Basically unlike most people who do Transformers comics where they mostly ignore the various gimmicks of the franchise and indeed often underutilize even standard transforming, I'd go whole hog in exploring those and their effects on Cybertronian civilization

How do minicons fit into this theory of yours?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Bring back the sparkabots and firecons IDW, you cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Vaporware posted:

How do minicons fit into this theory of yours?

Pretty simple really, they're a tribe of Cybertronian who due to their very small size and heavily optimized systems mean they utilize energy extremely efficiently and due to their extremely communal and friendly nature they developed systems that allowed them to easily share their energy among themselves and later with other Cybertronian tribes

The Micromasters would be a later artificial attempt at replicating the efficiency of the Minicons to varying degrees of success(indeed most of the other "Master" variations derive from similar experiments as well, indeed the first true Transectors were created for use by Minicons)

SlothfulCobra posted:

Bring back the sparkabots and firecons IDW, you cowards.

Exactly this