Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

drat you Seth Rollins and your Crossfit shenanigans :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am glad that my dumb forums account has a chance to turn 20 years old

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Even though Jerusalem the mod put me into trouble more than anyone else, I'm saddest to see them go and I don't think anything of that nature will ever really approach this feeling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

boxcarhobo posted:

having a real life and being a normal person and mod responsibilities are seemingly incompatible and i think jru mentioned stepping back a couple days ago

I'm sticking around for now, but even before all this drama there was other stuff going on in my life (good, creative, challenging and very welcome stuff!) that were gonna necessitate me at best taking a backwards step as a mod for a few weeks, and at worst having to drop being a mod entirely. I've brought it up very briefly in the mod forum but acknowledged it's a very low priority thing given all the poo poo currently going on in the forums, so until things settle down a bit I plan to just continue modding here as best I can.

Neodoomium posted:

I am glad that my dumb forums account has a chance to turn 20 years old

I remember when I first signed up, being mad that I lurked for a year and would never have a 2003 regdate and everybody would ALWAYS look at me as a newbie with my pathetically recent 2004 regdate :lol:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sticking around for now, but even before all this drama there was other stuff going on in my life (good, creative, challenging and very welcome stuff!) that were gonna necessitate me at best taking a backwards step as a mod for a few weeks, and at worst having to drop being a mod entirely. I've brought it up very briefly in the mod forum but acknowledged it's a very low priority thing given all the poo poo currently going on in the forums, so until things settle down a bit I plan to just continue modding here as best I can.

thats good man, im glad and also thank you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

You're doing good work, thank you

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
*looms ominously behind Jerusalem like a vulture*

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I don’t post super much but the fact SA and this dumb forums are going to keeps going makes me a little teary

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jerusalem posted:

I remember when I first signed up, being mad that I lurked for a year and would never have a 2003 regdate and everybody would ALWAYS look at me as a newbie with my pathetically recent 2004 regdate :lol:

lol I let my 01 account get banned cause I didn't like the name I chose and the nerdiest posting wars vet rear end in a top hat in me regrets it

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Woo, I appreciate the hell out of you J-ru, I'm sure we all do :dance:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

what wrasslin move would you wish to see lowtax receive?
The WWE covid special, "has come to terms with the release of"

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Woo, I appreciate the hell out of you J-ru, I'm sure we all do :dance:
I like J-Ru and hopes he continues to enjoy modding.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I will say that I hope Jeffery or whoever finds the money that was raised to upgrade these forums to Xenforo hidden in a paper bag behind the server rack or something. While I'm used to this dead ancient forum, I have to say that the BnR interface is pretty slick.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
you'll all always be newbies to me. except for Spiderdrake and MassRayPer.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I bought a friend an account once and I waited until january to do so just so people could pull his year's regdate on him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Quick reminder in response to various comments I've seen posted about this matter that abusers don't think they're abusers.

Often, they think they're being abused.

The power dynamic can be skewed entirely in favor of the abuser, and they'll still often think they're the victim.

People fall for abusers not because they're great at hiding purposefully. They're great at hiding because they don't believe it's them.

They'll have twelve exes who were all "toxic," and the thirteenth will be too, and it'll be "so unfair."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll always take care of noob

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hey J-Ru I just wanna say that you're a great mod and despite me sometimes coming at you in the PMs I really respect your fairness in dealing with me. You've done a great job here.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

A handshake deal has been reached just in time for my self imposed titodick banme deadline. I really do carry a lot of weight around here

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm super-loving relieved by this news. The idea of Lowtax causing the death of these forums after he's been absentee and uninvolved for so long was incredibly grating (and yes, I know this is the least important thing to be concerned about in the grander scheme of the monstrous things he did). I suppose there is still a chance this doesn't all go through but for now I'm hopeful SA just gets to continue on without him. The safety nets of the Discords, Breadnroses, various other pre-existing forums like The Board and DVDR etc were all there and for that I'm grateful, but it wouldn't have been the same.

you monster you were going to send us to The Board?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks, JRu. Fight Island has been a very welcoming place ever since I got back into wrestling a couple years back, and it's in large part thanks to you.

Could someone edit like the Undertaker's retirement matches and put SOMETHINGAWFUL over him and his opponent being all the scares we got of the forums shutting down?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thnx jeffrey

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
J-Ru is a great mod who by and large makes nothing but good decisions. The most important part though is that when he fucks up he admits the mistake, and works to course correct, while showing a lot of effort to listen to and learn from posters in the community. He also posts a lot which is good imho, mods should be a part of their community.

That being said it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a third mod as trios are good and I miss Triangulo De Muerte

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the discord is poppin!!!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above was posted right after i exited discord so i get the hint. but i'm going to come back some times

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
smdh all the people telling j-ru how good a job he does once he talks about maybe needing more mod help. least believable promos i have ever seen

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MotU posted:

smdh all the people telling j-ru how good a job he does once he talks about maybe needing more mod help. least believable promos i have ever seen

hes a classic babyface what can i say

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think adding a second mod would be a good idea

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
you guys watched so much WWE, drat, the second JRu implies he's leaving you try and stick him to a tag team

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TTBF posted:

I bought a friend an account once and I waited until january to do so just so people could pull his year's regdate on him.

loving powerplay right here, goddamn.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thank you Jeffrey!

Also, I’d be willing and have the time to mod if the need arises for someone else here.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Lurker here. I've lurked here since I was in college, finally buying an account around 2012, specifically because of this sub-forum. Even though I've fallen out of love with wrestling over the years, I still love coming here and watching wrestling gifs and seeing everyone's reactions. I hope things work out with this transfer of power and things improve for this site. Thanks for all the fun and I hope things stay fun for the foreseeable future.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

the above was posted right after i exited discord so i get the hint. but i'm going to come back some times

welcome back

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im glad i didnt have to sign up for any of the offshoots that will mostly certainly implode in insane drama

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

So, no mass exodus? loving A.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1276337501028966400

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
wrong thread dont care

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Lowtax was Tessa Blanchard this entire time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

loving powerplay right here, goddamn.

Extend your contract and we'll give you a belt, your big push is almost here!!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I remember when the eye rolling 2004 emoji was a very common refrain around here. I registered in Oct 2003 but forgot about it until 2004. So I was an 04 in reality, but never got that worthless react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i was browsing the forums in my high school library when the paywall went up