Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
play us off, ramblers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMICaeE2zb8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

homeless snail posted:

i feel like i already knew that posting with gauss in ycs like 10 years ago

What'd he say?

posting on the ycs thread

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

New announcement, SA might be saved ???

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I always believed in Jeffrey

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
July Chat Thread: Registered on Bread & Roses. Same username as here

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

hey guys just signed up on breadnroses my username is haha just kidding hope you're all having a good night everyone :)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my username is feels villeneuve

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad Lowtax actually seems to be doing the right thing. Wasn't sure if he would

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

axelblaze posted:

I'm just glad Lowtax actually seems to be doing the right thing. Wasn't sure if he would

Where can I find this? I'm not seeing any sticky threads on mobile.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

Where can I find this? I'm not seeing any sticky threads on mobile.

It's an announcement but there is also a goatse in it so probably don't open it on your phone

quote:

I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, have reached an agreement with Lowtax to transfer all Something Awful LLC assets to me. No contract has been signed yet but these things take time and I want to make this announcement now. Obviously, if this falls through, you all will hear it straight from me.

Lowtax asked me to make clear that this is not an admission of any guilt. He maintains his innocence. However, he recognizes that the site cannot continue with him in charge, and the community and site are more important than his name.

This has been one of the most stressful and sad ~72 hours of my forums life and I'm sure everyone has a million questions and I'll plan on discussing this with the community tonight, after taking a few hours to catch my breath. Please don't burn down the whole site yet - we can get through this as a community.

This site has been extremely important to me since I joined 15 years ago. I love this place more than anything and, and top of everything else, the idea of it just going away was heartbreaking to me. My promise to all of you is that I love something awful as something awful, and my intention is to preserve all of the things that make this site incredible. This will be something awful, at its best, not any sort of weird vision of what something awful should be.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Interesting choice to include goatse in the most important announcement lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

axelblaze posted:

I will be truly shocked if he actually follows through but fingers crossed

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Regy Rusty posted:

It's a straight up reference to the fact GBS was flooded with it for the past two days. Yes, including the hilarious That's All Folks animation.

MMF Freeway posted:

I will be truly shocked if he actually follows through but fingers crossed

Same

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my username is feels villeneuve

Mine's sharrrk

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Regy Rusty posted:

I thought it was just a joke because of the goatse and the edit.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I think I would have been disappointed if he hadn't, to be honest.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Maximo Roboto posted:

What'd he say?

posting on the ycs thread
just the low level hateful poo poo that everyone used to say in ycs back then, but continuing to say it because badgame is like a time capsule to a 15 year old posting style. i feel like gauss' gimmick was always to say some of the most hosed up stuff in a thread As A Joke

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

homeless snail posted:

just the low level hateful poo poo that everyone used to say in ycs back then, but continuing to say it because badgame is like a time capsule to a 15 year old posting style. i feel like gauss' gimmick was always to say some of the most hosed up stuff in a thread As A Joke

The unfortunate side effect of "saying the worst thing as a joke" is they start believing it, or, even worst, they always believed in those things deep down. On the other hand it can be cathartic to scream in the void.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
much like 4chan everyone in ycs/early badgame either became a racist or became queer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bleusilences posted:

The unfortunate side effect of "saying the worst thing as a joke" is they start believing it, or, even worst, they always believed in those things deep down. On the other hand it can be cathartic to scream in the void.
ironically saying heil hitler and then looking around and realizing the guys next to you are doing it for real, is the ycs experience

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

ycs was legit some of the funniest stuff I’ve read in this forum. huge L on the unironic racism

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still miss the ycs webcomic thread even if they hated me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't know anywhere else to ask but anyone know of any good community made gaming merch

My walls in my apartment are bare and I would like to get some cool art/posters and make a neat little gaming room or something.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Would fangamer.com count?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Bleusilences posted:

A lot of these online communities have a tendency towards creating pecking orders where the cleverest and funniest posters are the most respected, and sometimes that leads to the snarkiest and cruelest people at the top. Couple that with forums cultures that embrace transgressive shock humor and self-identifying as socially alienated nihilists, well, then you end up with FYAD culture everywhere

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah fangamer seems like the obvious one, it still is really cool that they have official merch now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1276202361136902145?s=20

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Will poke around fangamer sure. I'm just kind of aimless as this is the first time I try to make a room that isn't just for my family/guests :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

why are there two cocks but one vagina

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Because Big Circumcision has their greedy mitts all over CDPR

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is Cyberpunk going to be on Steam? I thought Steam didn't allow penises and vaginas.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love penises, vaginas, and things like that

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if you can choose to have big baps then you should be able to choose big flaps

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Gripweed posted:

Is Cyberpunk going to be on Steam? I thought Steam didn't allow penises and vaginas.

I thought it was free for all now? But anyway, the rules have always been different and more relaxed for AAA games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You can see a dude's hog in the intro of adventure game "The Longest Journey" which is unfortunately the highlight of the game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
rust is p and v city

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Like the bad Sonic trailer, it's so they'll get more press later when they announce their full suite of vaginas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You can see a dude's hog in the intro of adventure game "The Longest Journey" which is unfortunately the highlight of the game

This but The Order:1886