Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I like the forums being old and creaky and buggy and stupid. I just don't want our leaders to be the same.

Also I want to start a Frasier thread wine club where we watch Frasier and drink specific wines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Pairing Frasier episodes with specific affordable wines and drinking an entire bottle of same while watching a short episode

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Wine with ice mandatory this ep:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I have a few bottles of icewine. I wouldn't be good at a "stream and watch and talk about the episode while it's playing and while drinking wine" thing but I'm sure many of you could be entertaining at it.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Laterite posted:

Wine with ice mandatory this ep:

Rosie Perez has a great appearance in that Netflix pyschedlelics docu thing

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KoRMaK posted:

Rosie Perez has a great appearance
I would do unspeakable things to her.

Like serve her chilled red wine.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

thats odd way to phrase it cuz if what you did is any good youd hope you'd all be speaking about it

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah except there were some good jokes out of that and abuse is just sad

I didn’t find the “Oops, all fired!” season finale to be earned or particularly funny. That said, the episodes that immediately follow- Good Grief and Frasiers Curse are two all time favs of mine.

Kind of like Roz quitting, it’s a big change as far as a story arc but doesn’t really do anything comedy wise. It’s like something from a more serious show with consequences, and from a writing standpoint doesn’t provide any new funny material.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

I strongly prefer awful.app to xenforo mobile though. It's frankly not even close. I want whatever software the awful.app maintainers are willing to integrate with

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Currently drinking hard and watching the episode where Frasier goes through all the stages of grief

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This is kind of hitting my quarantine memories from the past few months and my feelings about the recent Something Awful events

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've never finished the series because daphne + niles marriage always felt like a huge jump the shark.

There's 4 more seasons? :drat:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fraser's car gets dinged by a driver who doesn't stop to exchange details. Fraiser and his dad go looking for the car and inadvertently end up at a black lives matter rally.

Daphney get Niles to try Daphney's Aunt's home made marmalade and Niles quickly becomes addicted to the preserved fruit spread, and will stop at nothing to recreate " the buzz".

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I've never finished the series because daphne + niles marriage always felt like a huge jump the shark.

There's 4 more seasons? :drat:

Lots of choice episodes toward the end there; many great dinner parties. It shan't be overlooked!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah it dips after they get together but then picks up in a good way toward the end.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Almost nothing after that point is what I'd call essential viewing, but still not a bad way to kill a half hour at all.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Almost nothing after that point is what I'd call essential viewing, but still not a bad way to kill a half hour at all.

Goth Freddie and stoned Martin is not an essential episode??

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It's the same way with The X-Files. Are there great episodes all through the show, even after the changeover to Reyes and Doggett? Sure! All the ones you remember are from the first two seasons though

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/boxrecgrey/status/1279215739459776512?s=21

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Roz approves

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’m not a huge fan of the Donny/Daphne drama, but the episode with Christine Baranski is so rewatchable. The screams at the end when her mom (Piper Laurie!!!) shows up are ludicrously funny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Donny is one of my top 3 favorite side characters of Frasier. People who appeared in more than one episode and aren't the main cast. Bulldog counts under my definition

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Its pretty funny fact there was no one called Frasier before this character on earth ever, it was spelled and pronounced Fraser. They made up the name specifically for the character.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Its pretty funny fact there was no one called Frasier before this character on earth ever, it was spelled and pronounced Fraser. They made up the name specifically for the character.

Well that's why I insist on pronouncing it FRUH-zeer

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My god how could anyone like Donny?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Donny is one of my top 3 favorite side characters of Frasier. People who appeared in more than one episode and aren't the main cast. Bulldog counts under my definition

What bulldogs a main dude, he was in cast photos and stuff

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Well that's why I insist on pronouncing it FRUH-zeer

It's originally derived from the Polish word for a barber or hairstylist, fryzjer.

Ironic, given that obviously one was not consulted when they gave him that awful season 1 hairstyle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

codo27 posted:

I liked Donny. He was funny, got along with everyone, and was sweet to Daphne the entire run until they had to character assassinate him when they got together to keep them both from looking like horrible monsters. My view of Mel has gotten a bit more "eh, she wasn't that great" on my recent review, but Donny still holds up.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

codo27 posted:

Donny was funny

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

donny got dumped so hard by daphne that he started working in a secret government warehouse of pseudo-magical artifacts

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

It's originally derived from the Polish word for a barber or hairstylist, fryzjer.

Ironic, given that obviously one was not consulted when they gave him that awful season 1 hairstyle.

No, it's Frajer. And I should know, I'm Frajer.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

food court bailiff posted:

donny got dumped so hard by daphne that he started working in a secret government warehouse of pseudo-magical artifacts

His great-great-great-grandson continued the tradition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sya2boJv-BU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

What bulldogs a main dude, he was in cast photos and stuff

Yes, but it’s total BS. Who had more speaking lines- him, Noah, or Gil? He has no connection or affinity with the Crane clan, just Frasier and Roz.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yes, but it’s total BS. Who had more speaking lines- him, Noah, or Gil? He has no connection or affinity with the Crane clan, just Frasier and Roz.

Hey this is gonna be hard for you to hear, but it's Noel Schempsky.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm not anti-Donnie at all; I actually like him and the actor's portrayal a lot. It's just unfortunate that he appeared in the middle of a lot of badly-done overdramatic Niles/Daphne drama that sucked focus from everything else in the episodes around it.

The only characters I really can't stand on Frasier (and will skip episodes with them in our forever-rewatch before going to bed at night) are Ronny in the last season and Daphne's mom. Really hacky writing and vaudevillian performances. I know Frasier is classic farce, but they're just painful to watch.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

His season 1 cut is my favourite out of any character in any movie or tv show ever, just deliciously terrible.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Hey this is gonna be hard for you to hear, but it's Noel Schempsky.

Damnit I knew that!! :mad::negative:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Donny was a decent guy and was royally hosed over by the daphne niles thing. The only reason the audience doesn’t hate daphne and Niles in that is because they’re the main characters. And I cannot remember a single legitimate reason daphne starts to like Niles

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sir Lemming posted:

His great-great-great-grandson continued the tradition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sya2boJv-BU

this is my personal headcanon, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the more i hear about maris, the more i think i would fall in love with her