Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

I'm gonna get all hopped up on sugar tomorrow and spend the day annoying Tanuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

went to the beach this evening and made a tiny stonehenge

please enjoy the summer northern hemisphere byob people

xcheopis

Luvcow posted:

Neat! Keen, even.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Luvcow posted:

nice

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

City of Glompton

Manifisto posted:

well that was certainly a ride! I'm thrilled that things are headed in this direction.

but I also want to give a huge shout out and thank you to everyone in the forums who scrambled to react to this unexpected situation. I am not privy to even a tiny percentage of what went on behind the scenes, but I certainly did see firsthand the efforts of byob mods and regular posters to create a fallback that would give us some degree of continuity. I'll miss people if I start listing names, but in addition to Alnilam and Goons are Great, personally I saw new and old yobbers such as BrownianMotion, Treasure Bear, Albany Academy, and Alexandriao putting in lots of effort. other people were working on porting smilies, rescuing SA content in case it became unavailable, and doing all manner of helpful things. other yobbers, please fill in the additional names I am shamefully missing.

the discord was and is different from what posting here is like (man does it go faster at times). things have happened before like the forums going offline for quite a while and I really like the idea of having a place to quickly reconnect and find out what's going on. whatever the future of the discord may be, I have to say that it was fun, there was substance, there was humor, there was plenty of shitposting. it's nice to know that the spirit of byob is not tied to these forums but to the posters, i.e. the friends we made along the way. that said, I do believe that SA proper is the right home, we've evolved around it.

and yeah, seeing new faces, a lot of whom said they were former lurkers, has been absolutely great. you've broken the lurker barrier, please post with us, if you feel like it.

:agreed:

thank you everyone. i was really concerned when i posted my thread that either this place would be gone in the morning or maybe a bunch of us would be banned and i would hate to lose touch with anyone from here. glad it has turned out to be the opposite of that!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

Luvcow posted:

:love:

Stoner Sloth

FluffieDuckie posted:

It’s nice to see all the new faces here. Welcome!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

wearing a lampshade

Manifisto posted:

well that was certainly a ride! I'm thrilled that things are headed in this direction.

but I also want to give a huge shout out and thank you to everyone in the forums who scrambled to react to this unexpected situation. I am not privy to even a tiny percentage of what went on behind the scenes, but I certainly did see firsthand the efforts of byob mods and regular posters to create a fallback that would give us some degree of continuity. I'll miss people if I start listing names, but in addition to Alnilam and Goons are Great, personally I saw new and old yobbers such as BrownianMotion, Treasure Bear, Albany Academy, and Alexandriao putting in lots of effort. other people were working on porting smilies, rescuing SA content in case it became unavailable, and doing all manner of helpful things. other yobbers, please fill in the additional names I am shamefully missing.

the discord was and is different from what posting here is like (man does it go faster at times). things have happened before like the forums going offline for quite a while and I really like the idea of having a place to quickly reconnect and find out what's going on. whatever the future of the discord may be, I have to say that it was fun, there was substance, there was humor, there was plenty of shitposting. it's nice to know that the spirit of byob is not tied to these forums but to the posters, i.e. the friends we made along the way. that said, I do believe that SA proper is the right home, we've evolved around it.

and yeah, seeing new faces, a lot of whom said they were former lurkers, has been absolutely great. you've broken the lurker barrier, please post with us, if you feel like it.

i dont recall putting any effort in beyond posting but ty the discord is a lot of fun

pter0dactyl

is byob safe :(

owlhawk911

pter0dactyl posted:

is byob safe :(

ya

owlhawk911

it's safer than ever

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

welcome hello and cat

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

xcheopis posted:

I'm gonna get all hopped up on sugar tomorrow and spend the day annoying Tanuki.

carrot cake omg

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

xcheopis

Pahilla the Hun posted:

carrot cake omg

Nicely spiced, too. It's my second favourite.

https://www.jamesandthegiantcupcake.com/menus/#june-flavors

City of Glompton

those look really tasty

Empty Sandwich

goatse mugs

Luvcow posted:

that is really cool

Ass-penny

Luvcow posted:

This owns.

Wanted to say what up to everyone in the B Hole and a big :peanut: that there may be a light at the end of this tunnel that doesn't involve satellite boards or discords. Chatting with you all in real time is fun but also difficult to follow.

Oh yeah shout out Jeffrey too, you're the man!

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Twenty Four

yay Jeff

yay byob

yay friends!

Twenty Four

Luvcow posted:

owns

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

xcheopis posted:

Im glad I don't make cakes and things because I would put little carrots on everything and people would probably be confused and possibly upset.

Jaguars!

Good evening everybody; I am more glad then usual to be posting with you, I hope you are going ok, and Godspeed, Godspeed John Glenn

Stoner Sloth

Jaguars! posted:

Good evening everybody; I am more glad then usual to be posting with you, I hope you are going ok, and Godspeed, Godspeed John Glenn

glad to have you posting with us friend! and ditto, wishing you all the best GGJG!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

cda

by Hand Knit
GodGeed Gohn Glenn

cda

by Hand Knit
My mind is reeling trying to envision what it might be like if the owner of this site is someone who won't just waltz in every six months to a year, do a bunch of random poo poo nobody wants without actually talking to anyone or taking the time to even know who the people are that are putting time into the community, inevitably gently caress something up and then leave in a huff.

And it's someone who can actually code and understand how to fix stuff that breaks?

Crazy.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hey everybody, I wanted to show my thanks by drawing a picture for everyone. Well that didn't work out and I ended up drawing a picture of Eleanor Roosevelt as we remember her best.

Stooge

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Hey everybody, I wanted to show my thanks by drawing a picture for everyone. Well that didn't work out and I ended up drawing a picture of Eleanor Roosevelt as we remember her best.

Stooge

cda posted:

My mind is reeling trying to envision what it might be like if the owner of this site is someone who won't just waltz in every six months to a year, do a bunch of random poo poo nobody wants without actually talking to anyone or taking the time to even know who the people are that are putting time into the community, inevitably gently caress something up and then leave in a huff.

And it's someone who can actually code and understand how to fix stuff that breaks?

Crazy.

Hopefully that means no more "6 months have passed, guess it's time for me to try and sell something/promote Nord vpn/beg for money!"

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

:aaaaa::swoon:

Stoner Sloth

hell yeah

Goons Are Gifts

BIG shoutout to brownianmotion and the mods of the discord who made it possible to extend BYOB's love from this sacred place to a discord server, bringing in over a hundred yobbers (!!!) to stay in touch in case this here wouldn't stay awake and everything. We had forums business before, we had drama before, we had problems that needed fixing before, but never did we have to make an evacuation lifeboat and managed to get it up and running to keep the community intact in case of a worst case scenario in a few hours. BM organized the discord and sent out so many invites and made this possible, when this started I didn't even know how to ping properly.

I mean we are not entirely out of the danger zone yet but I am very happy and relieved this worked out so great and that's all thanks to you and thanks to the byob spirit in everyone here

If you think al and me had to deal with a lot of modding during this by the way, not at all. You guys just decided to stay perfect and great and we didn't have to do much really lol

Goons Are Gifts

lmao

I love your art style so much

owlhawk911

cda posted:

Crazy.

jeffrey's outstanding skill and drive will doubtless shape the forums to fit his vision in a way the taxman never could. but what is that vision, i ask? perhaps the finest leader of all, if you must have one, is absent and ineffectual. i hope search doesn't even get fixed and the only real change is where that money goes. imo we should collectivize and run the forums as a co-op but still try to make bank. nuevo-fyad returns nazi free and people get owned/buy redtexts again. don't you ever miss getting owned? every quarter a big lottery decides which poster gets to keep everything that's left over when we're done paying server/legal fees (feisty shitposter defense fund) and buying everyone who needs em dope laptops and wacoms and poo poo. only the top 50% of posters by volume are entered so :justpost: but watch out cause whoever posts the most is ineligible and instead must run things for the next term

owlhawk911

hell yeah

:argh:

Stoner Sloth

:smuggo:

OnFire

Crikey I thought BYOB was truly gone but nice to see things are up and running again

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

BIG shoutout to brownianmotion and the mods of the discord who made it possible to extend BYOB's love from this sacred place to a discord server, bringing in over a hundred yobbers (!!!) to stay in touch in case this here wouldn't stay awake and everything. We had forums business before, we had drama before, we had problems that needed fixing before, but never did we have to make an evacuation lifeboat and managed to get it up and running to keep the community intact in case of a worst case scenario in a few hours. BM organized the discord and sent out so many invites and made this possible, when this started I didn't even know how to ping properly.

I mean we are not entirely out of the danger zone yet but I am very happy and relieved this worked out so great and that's all thanks to you and thanks to the byob spirit in everyone here

If you think al and me had to deal with a lot of modding during this by the way, not at all. You guys just decided to stay perfect and great and we didn't have to do much really lol

Yeah this!

ty manifisto

alnilam

Hell yeah tie back the throttle with a twist tie she's goin up

ty manifisto

nut

godspeed Eleanor Roosevelt

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

good morning byob it is a pleasure to be able to post here with you in byob

also,

:krad:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

OnFire posted:

Crikey I thought BYOB was truly gone but nice to see things are up and running again

Hello OnFire. How is life?