Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah so it's kind of like this site but with less domestic abuse.
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're right, probably about the same.

(The kiwis are goons, Captain.)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Not sure who's paying attention, but the NECA Raph/Casey Jones 2-pack is being released today at Wal-Marts, with most likely not getting any though some getting a couple. Anybody want to pick one up for me if they see it? I just want Casey if anybody wants trenchcoat Raphael.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hey folks. I really enjoy BSS (and even TVIV) and would hate to lose those communities.

I joined the BSS Discord, but I've never used Discord and it seems kind of chaotic, at least in terms of interface. Is everyone planning to go there, if it comes to that?

And did someone say it isn't safe to join it?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
If this is the end, it's been a hell of a ride with you all.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

Not sure who's paying attention, but the NECA Raph/Casey Jones 2-pack is being released today at Wal-Marts, with most likely not getting any though some getting a couple. Anybody want to pick one up for me if they see it? I just want Casey if anybody wants trenchcoat Raphael.

I'd also be down to pay for the two-pack if anyone comes across one. I also really just want Casey, but I'll pay for both if you don't want Raph.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Amiami hates it when you try to cancel preorders right? I think I recall reading that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't like it but you can with a reasonable excuse.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Amiami hates it when you try to cancel preorders right? I think I recall reading that.

One option is to just not pay when they send you the payment due email. They'll eventually ban you for this, but that's how I got out of a few pre-orders with them...

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If you do it too often, they reserve the right to ban you from using them.

I think I've canceled two things with them over like five years.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone get a preorder to go thru for Nedry?

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/jurassic-park-barbasol-dennis-nedry-action-figure-2020-convention-exclusive/mtgvd14r

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I cancelled a preorder last year, and wanted to cancel one I have open now. I’m actually going to preorder something else, so they’re not even losing a sale even. Just don’t want to be banned from buying anything!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You should be alright in that case.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Louisgod posted:

NECA just posted the web link for the 2 pack, and says it’ll go live tomorrow before 1 EST.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/7-Action-Figure-2-Pack-TMNT-Casey-Jones-Raphael-in-Disguise-Limit-2-per-address/424098952

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gann Jerrod posted:

NECA just posted the web link for the 2 pack, and says it’ll go live tomorrow before 1 EST.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/7-Action-Figure-2-Pack-TMNT-Casey-Jones-Raphael-in-Disguise-Limit-2-per-address/424098952

Fantastic, thank you!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Did that NECA movie Shredder from Gamestop ever ship out? I remember putting in a preorder for that, but I can find NO evidence of this anywhere in my email, and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I can't check the status of an order without a confirmation number. It would make sense if there were delays what with all the apocalypses going on, I just wish I knew what was up with it. If I have to buy one off eBay, I'd rather do it while they're still reasonably priced.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yes it did! I’ve seen it in stores before, close to its original release date (forget when that was). I debated picking up another since the one I have has a hosed up helmet but I passed on him.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey folks. I really enjoy BSS (and even TVIV) and would hate to lose those communities.

I joined the BSS Discord, but I've never used Discord and it seems kind of chaotic, at least in terms of interface. Is everyone planning to go there, if it comes to that?

And did someone say it isn't safe to join it?

It should be fine so long as people still treat it as a functionally public space and are accordingly cautious about personal details, no more or less than has been the case on SA for the past however many years.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Not a toy itself but toy related, Dark Horse is putting out yet another He-Man book, this time a downright colossal book(712 pages) dedicated to the toys for MOTU, going off the description covering basically everything through the MOTUC line(including She-Ra), you'll want to secure a preorder now cause the full price is 60 bucks but Amazon has it down to just under 42 bucks at the moment(and could possibly go lower), if the other two MOTU books from Dark Horse I've bought in the past(the encyclopedia and the mini-comics collection) are anything to go off of this will be a gorgeous and very well made book

Also the Mark Bellomo guide for Vintage Star Wars toys will be getting a new edition in August if that lies in your sphere of interest

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new MOTU boom is by Pixel Dan.

So uh, it might be weird.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rhyno posted:

The new MOTU boom is by Pixel Dan.

So uh, it might be weird.

I mean it is MOTU we're talking about, weird is inherent to the concept

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but it might be Pixel Dan weird.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

He-Man fires his rifle in the sky and says, "God if I have to die you will have to die"

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

It should be fine so long as people still treat it as a functionally public space and are accordingly cautious about personal details, no more or less than has been the case on SA for the past however many years.

drat. Anyone who read my article knows my real name, occupation, and where I work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The GDN is public and has already seen people from various sites dropping in to gather information on people.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gann Jerrod posted:

Wal-Mart just opened the floodgates on this, put an order in while you can.

e: aaaaand it's back to "in stock alert" status, wow.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 25, 2020

Mazer
Feb 22, 2002

The Raph/Casey 2 pack appears to be live on walmart.com. I was able to order 1 just now

Edit: NECA twitter saying not sold out yet. So maybe just a system overload.

Mazer fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 25, 2020

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gripweed posted:

He-Man fires his rifle in the sky and says, "God if I have to die you will have to die"

:bravo: I like this

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Looking forward to Skeletors new army of glow in the dark skeletons.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

drrockso20 posted:

Not a toy itself but toy related, Dark Horse is putting out yet another He-Man book, this time a downright colossal book(712 pages) dedicated to the toys for MOTU, going off the description covering basically everything through the MOTUC line(including She-Ra), you'll want to secure a preorder now cause the full price is 60 bucks but Amazon has it down to just under 42 bucks at the moment(and could possibly go lower), if the other two MOTU books from Dark Horse I've bought in the past(the encyclopedia and the mini-comics collection) are anything to go off of this will be a gorgeous and very well made book

Also the Mark Bellomo guide for Vintage Star Wars toys will be getting a new edition in August if that lies in your sphere of interest

I got an ad for this from BBTS and it looks great... Good tip about the sale on Amazon, thanks.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I got an ad for this from BBTS and it looks great... Good tip about the sale on Amazon, thanks.

You're welcome, those kind of books on toys are the best and it's a shame how uncommon they are here in the West compared to Japan

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1276327599787200513?s=20

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Oh my god the burning money accessory is amazing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Etienne LaFitte has never looked so good.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
You guys think the Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander Replica Helmets (GameStop Exclusive!) by Hasbro will be hyper popular? I really want the Snake Eyes mask but at $120 its a little too expensive for the Cartoon version design... hoping to wait out the pre-order and when GameStop is going out of business maybe snag the thing for $75?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, but there's also no way to predict how many they'll be making.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Amazon exclusive Storm Shadow (preorder now!)

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1276563276369977345?s=20

Red Ninja

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1276331725925343234?s=20

Also: YO NO JOE!

https://twitter.com/macdowin/status/1276592323564957698?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 26, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/HeManOrg/status/1276601911530192898?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:same: as this tweet

https://twitter.com/speed_freak01/status/1276562242696351744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

GI Joe is confusing me. So Cobra Commander, Gung Ho, and Red Ninja are all of Wave 2? With PDD, Ninja Force Storm Shadow, and gold Cobra Commander are all variants/exclusives?