Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lmao this isnt creepy at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Surprised Kat didn't give them replicator access for maintenance parts.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ancient robots not understanding that cat has a 3D teleporter printer and thinking she just magics poo poo up is on point.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I really hope next chapter does show a bit of Kat's parents reacting, because telling them about this is probably going to unravel to everything the kids have been up to for the past five years and having that all dumped on you at once and the literally reality-bending consequences involved would really be :psyboom:

Looping the parents into things is probably a fairly major event in the overall plot, now I think about it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

MikeJF posted:

That seems like it would lead to other, more severe, problems.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MikeJF posted:

This is how you get Skynet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

That seems like it would lead to other, more severe, problems.

s'why I specified maintenance parts as opposed to 'do what you want'.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

lmao this isnt creepy at all

So has the worship gotten out of control yet, or when do you think the robots are going to jump the roboshark?

Edit: Actually wait poo poo this is a newly reawakened robot. Why are they already worshipping her? I understand the normal court robots but none of them are around to spread the gospel of Kat. This is really loving weird, they're waking up assuming she is a God.

Are timebirds acting as prophets of Kat going back to the early days of Diego's bots?

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 22, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Donkringel posted:

So has the worship gotten out of control yet, or when do you think the robots are going to jump the roboshark?

Edit: Actually wait poo poo this is a newly reawakened robot. Why are they already worshipping her? I understand the normal court robots but none of them are around to spread the gospel of Kat. This is really loving weird, they're waking up assuming she is a God.

Are timebirds acting as prophets of Kat going back to the early days of Diego's bots?

She says she was told by the Seraphs. They were immune to the shield override so they're all still active.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MikeJF posted:

She says she was told by the Seraphs. They were immune to the shield override so they're all still active.

Plus, you know, Robot himself. If anyone's gonna indoctrinate them it's gonna be him!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Ooh cool thanks, didn't realize those bots are still banging around. Robot is a good explanation too.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Robot is even a former Seraph himself. Which uh now that I think of it makes his angelic mind projection make even more sense.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

trembling jfc

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Robot is even a former Seraph himself. Which uh now that I think of it makes his angelic mind projection make even more sense.

I wonder when he made the transition from this to this.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

I really hope next chapter does show a bit of Kat's parents reacting, because telling them about this is probably going to unravel to everything the kids have been up to for the past five years and having that all dumped on you at once and the literally reality-bending consequences involved would really be :psyboom:

Looping the parents into things is probably a fairly major event in the overall plot, now I think about it.

Gonna be even more fun when Kat's mom comes clean about being Literally A Wizard and how all the technobabble horseshit she and her dad use to cover up her magic is just that. And Kat bought into the horseshit so completely she didn't realize she, Kat, is a god.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I really like the design of this robot; simultaneously recognizable and eerie. The mystery aura they're surrounded by helps.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

IMJack posted:

Gonna be even more fun when Kat's mom comes clean about being Literally A Wizard and how all the technobabble horseshit she and her dad use to cover up her magic is just that. And Kat bought into the horseshit so completely she didn't realize she, Kat, is a god.

And then BAM! She turns into that horrifying robot bird sarcophagus monstrosity.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

IMJack posted:

Wait what? When did that happen?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Inglonias posted:

Wait what? When did that happen?

Chapter 22: Ajna is a wizard and is worried about what Donny would think of it.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
So Surma calls Anja "Anny" here, implying that Antimony is a clever way for Surma to name her daughter after her best friend but keep the alchemy theme going

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Also the guy harrassing them for being “magic freaks” is called Hyland, probably Jack’s dad. Y’all probably knew that but I never noticed that bit before, neat!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i'll miss this thread talking about who that one guy is

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

A big flaming stink posted:

i'll miss this thread talking about who that one guy is

boxbot?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

I love boxbot.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

IMJack posted:

Chapter 22: Ajna is a wizard and is worried about what Donny would think of it.

That led me to this page, which looks very similar to what happens on this page, which makes me wonder if the two are related.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Stop posting links to old pages it's a trap

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

That led me to this page, which looks very similar to what happens on this page, which makes me wonder if the two are related.

Oh, drat, yeah. "SPRANG" and everything.

Anja is totally responsible for the bubble shield.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They say later is Anja's 'technology' but she's not responsible.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ah yeah I'd totally forgotten that line. Thanks!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahahah 'found'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hahahaha 'one'

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
She's talking about Anni right?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Found is gonna break its back if it keeps carrying a sentence like that.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's interesting how just a few lines here and there make Anja look quite a bit older. I think the laugh line is doing a lot of work. Fairly easy to check, too, but :effort:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"Found one" aha yeah about that...

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Never have I wanted for the next page quite this much.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
“Hey Mom, look what I made!”

“It’s a bird, Katja. You didn’t make it!”

“It’s a Tic-toc! I assembled it!”

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They COULD have opened with the explanation

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Regy Rusty posted:

They COULD have opened with the explanation

But glad they didn't, because as it turns out, it made the moment that much more human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That's a very "I am going to ignore all the connections forming in my brain" face.