Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
get em pj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

can someone tell me the story of prestor Jane?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frog Act posted:

honestly why would lowtax immediately pivot to go on a horrible odious right-wing racist podcast that tweets racism and calls people cucks, does he just want to cement the permanent alienation and hatred of everyone here or does he honestly think that's a good opportunity to clear the air

That pivot is pretty common when the wider world discovers that whatever progressive politics you've been playing to is a complete fabrication to hide that you're a horrible monster.

People have been wringing a lot of money out of the anti-SJW/right-wing crowd for a while, and nothing drives clicks and listens like another pity party about how the system is unjust towards the target demographic.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

karma_coma posted:

extremely self-aware insane person who's right more often than not

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

karma_coma posted:

She fell into a pool of radioactive fundamentalism and gained mutant fortune-telling powers as a result; but her predictions only come true if they are about either chud's or crazy people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t want to spam this, but lowtax was already on the nazi podcast three years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKutTsww48A

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Prester Jane posted:

I mean, I'm not exactly warning him in the way I would if I wanted him to actually heed the warning...

you're like the old prospector at the foot of a cursed mountain, casually warning travelers that they will regret this journey

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

karma_coma posted:

has brain problems but is fully aware of this and uses it for good

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Wheeee posted:

extremely self-aware insane person who's right more often than not

hell yeah, thanks

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

you're like the old prospector at the foot of a cursed mountain, casually warning travelers that they will regret this journey

yeah it fuckin owns bones

she's that gas station owner in Cabin in the Woods who's genuinely 100% into his bit

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Dick Kyanka show.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I saw that alt right podcast tweet and legit thought it was a parody and retweeted it. When I realized it was real I was like :stare:

Jeffrey did make a thread in GBS about his Plans.

But Lowtax pivoting to disgraced alt right media personality is very on brand and probably the inevitably conclusion to his posting career.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Anyone got a referral for an NYC lawyer with Missouri business law experience? Just wondering, no reason, PM me.

lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

new podcast called kirk, kashuv and kyanka

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

goddamn, who is this dumb motherfucker?
https://twitter.com/LABasedComedian/status/1276404640431521797

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

more like poorchard judgement

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Lightning Knight posted:

But Lowtax pivoting to disgraced alt right media personality is very on brand and probably the inevitably conclusion to his posting career.

I imagine it will be freeing to finally be himself with no shame. Call it coming out of the toilet.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Appears to be a Nazi “comedian.”

The replies to his tweets sure are something.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

My wife says he's Dick Masterson and he's been around on the internet forever doing the "It's just jokes, people, but, seriously, women are the worst" shtick without ever really moving past his late 2000s level of success.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Zyme posted:

i have come to accept that it is basically impossible for an online community to exist without it being full of loving weirdos. and i hold no illusions that i am not part of that problem.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Lightning Knight posted:

Occasionally Lowtax happens to someone who deserves it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They really do deserve each other.

mystes
May 31, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

My wife says he's Dick Masterson and he's been around on the internet forever doing the "It's just jokes, people, but, seriously, women are the worst" shtick without ever really moving past his late 2000s level of success.
Wow his offensive comedy hasn't developed in over a decade? I can't imagine why Lowtax would want to be on that show.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Stop trying to chase away the accident watchers
we've all put in our time we've earned seeing this crash play out

blood blood Blood Blood BLOOD BLOOD

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious frankie posted:

so you’re saying his comedy is 10 years more up to date than lowtax’s

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Stop trying to chase away the accident watchers
we've all put in our time we've earned seeing this crash play out

PISS TAPE PISS TAPE PISS TAPE

wajt

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

i mostly come to cspam for the chants

mods plz rename forums to Chants 'n' Rants

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mystes posted:

Wow his offensive comedy hasn't developed in over a decade? I can't imagine why Lowtax would want to be on that show.

I can't imagine who out there is going "Using Disney dollars at Cesar's Palace, lol, classic. I have to remember that to use on Facebook when I'm pwning my niece." It's got such a well proportioned, old man clarity of blandness.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

hey there, chicky poo, you're trying to play chess with monopoly pieces *bowtie begins spinning*

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Anyways I’m going to be honest with you guys. I love you all - I love the vast majority of D&D posters here, still. I had a great time modding here, and god willing, I will get to post here.

But right now, until we get official announcements and stuff, I know about as much as you all do. I found out about the announcement last night about 20 minutes before it happened. I’m not some authority anymore.

If Lowtax is gone, and I was offered, and the community accepted, I would come back as mod. But until then, I wait for the deal to be real and complete.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Anyways I’m going to be honest with you guys. I love you all - I love the vast majority of D&D posters here, still. I had a great time modding here, and god willing, I will get to post here.

But right now, until we get official announcements and stuff, I know about as much as you all do. I found out about the announcement last night about 20 minutes before it happened. I’m not some authority anymore.

If Lowtax is gone, and I was offered, and the community accepted, I would come back as mod. But until then, I wait for the deal to be real and complete.

on the one hand that would own, you were a drat good mod

on the other hand, i don't want you to have to go through this poo poo all over again when it turns out Jeff agreed to paid Lowtax 50% of the forum revenue in perpetuity and things explode again

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/LABasedComedian/status/1276414604516548613?s=19

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

youre trying to use coca cola dollars at the pepsi store

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I know it's been said a few times already, but you really went above and beyond throughout this entire mess, and it's very much appreciated.

I think you'd be a valuable voice among what new moderation team rises from these particular ashes but I wouldn't blame you one bit if you just wanted to rest a while.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Lightning Knight posted:

give me your Mod Powers

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
lk shouldnt be a mod because they're like 12 and 12 year olds should live mas and not have to deal with elderly forum posters talking about the lindy hop and shooting elected officials in the dick with tommy guns

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

lk shouldnt be a mod because they're like 12 and 12 year olds should live mas and not have to deal with elderly forum posters talking about the lindy hop and shooting elected officials in the dick with tommy guns

We only let in the young to take care of us in our dotage though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

LK you did good work and we're gratefull, but dont become adicted to sticking your dick in a hornets nest.