Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I run marathons and my pals run ultras, there's no secret sauce, just pick a training plan and be diligent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
A lot of people don't seem to know that humans have some of the highest cardiovascular endurance of all animals. Some people still today use exhaustion hunting techniques that are millions of years old. Just follow the deer til it can't run away anymore, walk up, and kill it.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I prefer sitting in an elevated hidden stand with cold beer waiting for stupid deer to walk in front of me

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Anyone got a referral for an NYC lawyer with Missouri business law experience? Just wondering, no reason, PM me.

Jeff is looking for NYC counsel, apparently.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Evilweasel, it's time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nm posted:

Ride bikes instead. Better for your knees.
i need to get a recumbent, i hate having a bad back. in happier news my prepper dad got me a bicycle wagon so i can get out of dodge easier so i use it to carry my son's giant trucks to the neighbor's yards so no one has to 'share' (scream and wail)

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Eminent Domain posted:

Evilweasel, it's time.

Part of the fees can be not getting probed in D&D anymore.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I want to see the Something Awful Law360 press release from some NY big law shop with a St Louis outpost.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
"Cravath announces preservation of site that spawned everything wrong with the internet today"

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Cravath would be conflicted, "gently caress you and die" is their motto after all. My money's on Davis Polk, one dead gay institution saving another.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/466824972/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-wMxT3AXK3NEPleS742o8

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Where is Yuns at when we need him? Lowtax can get an extra $100k if he can survive 5 minutes without getting tapped in a grappling match with yuns.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

christ

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Eminent Domain posted:

Evilweasel, it's time.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Must have taken awhile to find enough photos to fill out a 56 page complaint one handed.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Eminent Domain posted:

Evilweasel, it's time.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

If you stopped at the pictures, do yourself a favour and make it to the injuries he alleges hes suffered

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
guy shoots ropes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Well now we know DVoxs real name

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

How would you even go about something like transferring the SA forums? I bet Lowtax's paperwork, copyright assignment stuff etc is basically non-existent.Does the front page go with it. Is there even still a front page these days and who writes for it and why?

So many questions.

I'm looking forward to the photo of the diner napkin with some chicken scratchings transferring ownership of SA.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Munin posted:

I'm looking forward to the photo of the diner napkin with some chicken scratchings transferring ownership of SA.

In my narrow business law experience, that's a decent amount of your practice

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

if I was more internet literate I would post a gif here of like real housewives with a day drunk woman clapping with the caption MMMHMMMMM

anyways sounds like shes getting help and necessary perspective to get out of the cycle of violence. Meanwhile rich is apparently going on a chud show to show with text how shes a CRAZY LIAR

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

terrorist ambulance posted:

if I was more internet literate I would post a gif here of like real housewives with a day drunk woman clapping with the caption MMMHMMMMM

anyways sounds like shes getting help and necessary perspective to get out of the cycle of violence. Meanwhile rich is apparently going on a chud show to show with text how shes a CRAZY LIAR

Makes me wonder if ol' Leonard J needs a refresher course on DV cases. Cause that's about the dumbest thing I can think of.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Nice piece of fish posted:

Makes me wonder if ol' Leonard J needs a refresher course on DV cases. Cause that's about the dumbest thing I can think of.

What? Creating a bunch of inconsistent statements that can be introduced in court is a bad thing?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Not for his victims!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

nm posted:

What? Creating a bunch of inconsistent statements that can be introduced in court is a bad thing?

Well only if you do it in some sort of public way, in some sort of unsympathetic venue in some sort of permanent format easily viewable and distributable in infinite numbers and ways in which you are clearly identifiable.

And also doing that in all other admissable ways.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Watchword posted:

Class year: under review
Alma mater tier: under review
Mile time: under review
Current firm vault rank: under review
Dick length/circumference: information to be provided following entry of a common interest agreement

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any questions.

OK I like this guy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eminent Domain posted:

Evilweasel, it's time.

Execute Order 66

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Execute Order 69

nice

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

:69snypa:

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

:nice:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Boss-Nagger posted:

lurked for 20 years. this my first post:

lowtax a twat; bring back bigpeeler

2007 reg with one post. what a hero

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Never thought I'd read a depiction of male genitalia necrosis due to Fleshlight abuse in a court document. This thread delivers!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

It’s possible the admins will spring someone from a Before Times punishment if we ask nicely enough and it could help to give a donation to charity instead of lowtax.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 28, 2020

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Well now we know DVoxs real name

I deeply resent the implication that I would use twitch.tv for this purpose when archiveofourown is available.

Nice piece of fish posted:

X-posted to the discord, for what it's worth. Jeffrey is probably swamped with pms at the moment though, so maybe hard to get through? Might want to have him pop in and suggest an email or other contact to send suggestions?

Certainly the right place to ask I think DV already has some drafts ready

It's handled, I believe. further inquiries should be by PM and/or the lawgoon discord.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
:siren: :siren: :siren: let me reiterate for people coming in who may not understand this yet:

lowtax claimed to need tens-to-hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay for *extensive medical treatment for a life threatening degenerative illness.

lowtax posted about it in the forums and received an outpouring of support and monetary donations. goons pledged him hundreds of thousands of dollars.

lowtax, in 2020, owns three luxury sports cars totalling probably in the ballpark of $300,000. He owns an Audi A8 ($70k+) a 911 Porsche Carrera S ($100,000+) and a Nissan GTR (130,000+). At least two of these are recent purchases.

You guys. This is literal fraud.

If you donated to lowtax’s spine fund, or paid for forums poo poo to fund his recovery, you could sue lowtax.

We could sue lowtax.

My god. We could SUE lowtax.

I’m not loving kidding.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
It has been interesting watching the ACAB smash the carceral state crew decide that in one case actually the police are good and hopefully bad guy will go to jail

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Doodoo diligence

New thread title material

It has been interesting watching the ACAB smash the carceral state crew decide that in one case actually the police are good and hopefully bad guy will go to jail

Would you say that they live in a society??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:siren: :siren: :siren: let me reiterate for people coming in who may not understand this yet:

lowtax claimed to need tens-to-hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay for *extensive medical treatment for a life threatening degenerative illness.

lowtax posted about it in the forums and received an outpouring of support and monetary donations. goons pledged him hundreds of thousands of dollars.

lowtax, in 2020, owns three luxury sports cars totalling probably in the ballpark of $300,000. He owns an Audi A8 ($70k+) a 911 Porsche Carrera S ($100,000+) and a Nissan GTR (130,000+). At least two of these are recent purchases.

You guys. This is literal fraud.

If you donated to lowtax’s spine fund, or paid for forums poo poo to fund his recovery, you could sue lowtax.

We could sue lowtax.

My god. We could SUE lowtax.

I’m not loving kidding.

Pretty sure those are leased vehicles. Even if he owned all of that, do you think he really has assets beyond those worth seizing? I'm not sure that we'd get enough to cover the actual attorney's fees and goons themselves would definitely only get pennies on the dollar for the fraud. I mean we could have a massive judgment against him, but that would be about it. Unless lowtax actually has millions of dollars stashed away, it doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort.