Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dammit there was even an episode where Blanche had hidden some jewelry or something in the flour and she checked and it had been stolen and her hands were all covered in flour and Dorothy was like "Well at least they didn't take your cocaine"

Rose: BLANCHE HAS COCAINE???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

Dammit there was even an episode where Blanche had hidden some jewelry or something in the flour and she checked and it had been stolen and her hands were all covered in flour and Dorothy was like "Well at least they didn't take your cocaine"

:hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Art dealer is literally 100% of the either drug dealing, money laundering, or a rich failson's excuse for a job, maybe all of the above

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Art dealer is literally 100% of the either drug dealing, money laundering, or a rich failson's excuse for a job, maybe all of the above

:hmmyes:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

That fuckin show still holds up for the most part.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mdemone posted:

That fuckin show still holds up for the most part.

I mean it's been like 30 years since I even saw that episode and I remember it like yesterday

Meanwhile what the HELL did I study in college, did I even graduate? idk

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/MSZHMdA.mp4

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Golden girls are baller as gently caress and I'm glad they came up.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Moo the cow posted:

'Boris' isn't even his first name, or the one that he goes by in private. It's his political persona.

His real name is 'Alex', as in 'Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson'

There's no way this is an accident:

Boris is doing an act to an extent but he's genuinely a loving idiot - I've dealt with him a little over 20 years ago, before he was so famous, and in a business related call he was still an idiot. "Boris is secretly a genuis" is just a scam by the media to hide the way they're not criticising him, ever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ookiimarukochan posted:

Boris is doing an act to an extent but he's genuinely a loving idiot - I've dealt with him a little over 20 years ago, before he was so famous, and in a business related call he was still an idiot. "Boris is secretly a genuis" is just a scam by the media to hide the way they're not criticising him, ever.

Of course they're an idiot. You literally can't be right-wing if you have a normal modern homo sapiens sapiens brain. That's science.

Seriouspost by the by.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

ookiimarukochan posted:

Oh, you are dead right, in fact this highly-intelligent poster was actually quoting me:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Been said before that his whole thing is that he's an idiot pretending to be a smart person pretending to be an idiot
This picture encapsulates the second half of the comment, but like you, I know for a fact that the first part is true.

I'd love to hear your experiences, if you are able to share.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

He seems to be one of those people who's really smart about very specific things and an absolute moron outside his narrow fields of expertise. Those being, of course, Weaseling, Cheating, and I assume he has a reasonably good grasp of Classical literature since he studied it at Oxford.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He's a rich englishman, he's had the cheat codes to life from day one

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Deformed Church posted:

I assume he has a reasonably good grasp of Classical literature since he studied it at Oxford.

Lol no - his quoting of Latin is like someone who did GCSE Latin and nothing after that (said as someone who did GCSE Latin about a quarter of a century ago) and by all accounts his greek quotations are so incorrect that he's more or less making them up, strongly suggesting he has no idea what the words he shits out acutally mean.

He's pretty good at breaking law and getting away with it though, he should be in prison for conspiracy to commit battery, just like his friend Darius Guppy

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

FREE KITTENS
MAD CAT
Timberwolf :colbert:

*plonks a Husky down in the box*

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

ookiimarukochan posted:

Lol no - his quoting of Latin is like someone who did GCSE Latin and nothing after that (said as someone who did GCSE Latin about a quarter of a century ago) and by all accounts his greek quotations are so incorrect that he's more or less making them up, strongly suggesting he has no idea what the words he shits out acutally mean.

He's pretty good at breaking law and getting away with it though, he should be in prison for conspiracy to commit battery, just like his friend Darius Guppy

Oh I stand corrected.

Still, I maintain that he's really really good at being a total fucker, both personally and politically.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Omg. Fish are puppers.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, is this like W being a secret genius? Cause, uh, that's hilarious.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Some people need to believe that those in power are really smart because the thought of dumbasses failing upwards into positions controlling nuclear weapons is too depressing and frightening to handle.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Omg. Fish are puppers.

I think that one is named Murphy, so he even has a pupper name :-)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The most terrifying truth is that they are often of completely average intelligence and do bad things because they want to

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NoConViolence/status/1276302111924539392

Edit: The show's called What's Michael?

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Wait it's a show? Where can I watch it preferably with dubs because I can't read.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Hyperlynx posted:

FREE KITTENS
MAD CAT
Timberwolf :colbert:

*plonks a Husky down in the box*

Trap sprung, clanner!

Paid for by 30-50 Feral Urbanmechs Squad.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i didn't know the show was set in Miami, and that was all i needed to hear.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

ookiimarukochan posted:

Yep, his much-vaunted 'Classical Education' has the depth of a loving puddle. He has a stock set of misremembered Greek and Latin tags. As a Greek/roman scholar
he's the equivalent of that guy who can just about pick out bits of Wonderwall on a guitar

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Anyway, here's Cicero.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cocaine Bear posted:

Lol, is this like W being a secret genius? Cause, uh, that's hilarious.

I've heard people who have worked directly with him say he has an encyclopedic memory, and reads a lot.

What is all that worth when he makes really dumb decisions though?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

This is important you guys.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

canyoneer posted:

I've heard people who have worked directly with him say he has an encyclopedic memory, and reads a lot.

I read a lot of Dragonlance novels in sixth grade and that didn't make me equipped for statecraft

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

canyoneer posted:

Fool me once

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Funny thing about intelligence is that it’s not an across the board thing. Like you say, they’re still making dumb decisions. Since he was a statesman, that’s kind of the only type of intelligence that he should definitely have had.

I work all day with people who have PhDs who can’t understand what a scroll bar is on a website. Or people who refuse to accept that printing to PDF isn’t actually printing anything onto real paper and still demand to know how to save a digital copy of something for records. Some people are just stupid as hell across the board, but no one is intelligent for everything.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I read a lot of Dragonlance novels in sixth grade and that didn't make me equipped for statecraft

I mean you’re a mod.

I don’t think you’re disproving failing upward here.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean you’re a mod.

Yeah, but he's the PYF mod, it's pretty easy

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean you’re a mod.

I have nothing to add to this perfect jewel of a post.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Doc Hawkins posted:

i didn't know the show was set in Miami, and that was all i needed to hear.

It started as a series of comedy ads promoting Miami Vice. The entire joke was "what if it was called Miami Nice and was about old ladies sitting around playing canasta?"

It's incredible that such a good show came out of it

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Has anyone ever substantiated the rumors of W being smart in any way? I’ve heard it before too, but I’m skeptical that he’s highly intelligent even in narrow ways that don’t pertain to leading a nation. He strikes me as largely incurious and apathetic.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Yoshi Wins posted:

Has anyone ever substantiated the rumors of W being smart in any way? I’ve heard it before too, but I’m skeptical that he’s highly intelligent even in narrow ways that don’t pertain to leading a nation. He strikes me as largely incurious and apathetic.

I always figured they were spread by people who were embarrassed about supporting such a clown.

Coupled with people reading incompetence as an evil master plan.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If anything W always seemed he could be the sort of smart where you strategically figure out the absolute minimum effort to live a life at a predetermined curve of accomplishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

zedprime posted:

If anything W always seemed he could be the sort of smart where you strategically figure out the absolute minimum effort to live a life at a predetermined curve of accomplishment.

Ah, the Dan Ryckert Method