Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

'streuth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I used to work with a guy from NZ and he had some opinions on Aussies. Mostly that he loved them and they're great. He was a river guide during the season for that and worked in retail in the off-season. Made us all watch the All Blacks whenever rugby was on and we were at work .

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why are so many youtubers Australian? Seriously, there are so many.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Am Australian, can confirm that video is pretty spot on. Doesn't quite capture my rural experiences though, I'm in SA so it needs more sprawling open farmland with a single town consisting of a single pub, a post office/bank, a church and an IGA supermarket.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Why are so many youtubers Australian? Seriously, there are so many.

If you go outside nature will kill you. Stay inside. Stream games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Proposition was a pretty good western

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Also, been feeling like some strategy gaming recently so I've been playing Jurassic World Evolution tonight off the back of watching Jurassic World - a dumb but fine enough movie - and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, a real dumb bad movie for idiots with admittedly neat animatronics.

After getting to three stars on the first island and unlocking the next one (which I assume is their attempt at a tutorial)........ehhhhhh. I'm feeling pretty lukewarm on it and don't know that I want to keep sinking more time into it. It's hard to narrow down why it feels so disengaging to me. The dinos are really cool, driving around in the ranger jeep is a laugh. All the individual pieces of the game seem perfectly fine on their own but then seem to combine into something that is less than the sum of its parts. I feel like even after the tutorial I can see pretty much what the rest of the game is going to be like from here and it doesn't seem particularly challenging or interesting.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not to brag but I'm fluent in Australian

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I used to work with a guy from NZ and he had some opinions on Aussies. Mostly that he loved them and they're great. He was a river guide during the season for that and worked in retail in the off-season. Made us all watch the All Blacks whenever rugby was on and we were at work .

New Zealand is great. Cause all the kiwis I know are cool and chill, and the 2 countries have a health competition of ragging poo poo on each other.

Also whenever a New Zealander does something great, we just steal them and call them Australian.

Phar Lap? Australian.
Neil Finn? Australian.
You can have Russel Crowe back.

We are currently eyeballing Taika Waititi, so look forward to that one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1276534584918847491?s=20
..what year is it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is dead may never die.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Isn’t this from the same dev as Retro City Rampage, which got tons of weird ports on the basis of the developer just feeling like doing it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dewgy posted:

Isn’t this from the same dev as Retro City Rampage, which got tons of weird ports on the basis of the developer just feeling like doing it?

That's the one and only.

I'm surprised he's getting official releases for non-standard discs at such low copies for extremely dead systems, though. That's not the sort of thing Nintendo facilitates from what I recall.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 26, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm enjoying TLOU2 but god Naughty Dog learn some loving pacing :negative:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Saoshyant posted:

That's the one and only.

I'm surprised he's getting official releases for non-standard discs at such low copies for extremely dead systems, though.

game consoles are sold out everywhere, it's smart to put out games on every system you can just to make sure people will be able to play it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Macaluso posted:

I'm enjoying TLOU2 but god Naughty Dog learn some loving pacing :negative:

sorry you need a jillion samey combat sections between everything

also Australians still haven't faced a reckoning for fairy bread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

also Australians still haven't faced a reckoning for fairy bread

fairy bread seems like a worse version of hagelslag

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Yeah like.. emergency Discord + other forum parachute accounts are good and all.. but like.. I want to post here; just so long as Lowtax gets shot out of a cannon and doesn't loving exist here anymore.

I'm glad that we can all continue to use this thread and this forum in general. I was surprised at just how many people wanted to join the discord server. I don't mind it still existing for people to post in as a chat room thing since chat rooms are still a very different thing from a chat thread but I'm glad we all have the forums too.

The people who joined the discord are still more than welcome to use them, of course. As long as everybody can feel comfortable then I'm fine with it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Relax Or DIE posted:

So far I'm feeling the same way about it that I did with the first game. I love the characters and story (although the part I'm at, I love these particular characters... less), I enjoy any of the combat sections against humans, but every part that's against the infected is a frustrating chore. The zombie sections take way too long and I've started just running and dodging past them instead of fighting them if I'm not forced into a boss fight room with them. On the other hand I'm a big fan of the chase sequences they put in this one, those are super fun.

The one plus side is that the sequel has a ton of accessibility options to make things slightly less frustrating, but the infected sections still go on for too long.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah once this forum is done, so is my historic poo poo posting career. I didn't join ERA after the switch from GAF, and though i registered probably won't post on BnR. Even got an invite to the new ERA spilloff started by people who need more freeze peach than what it allowed, but that's just a coded bigotry haven. I'll haunt the goon animal crossing discord at most and stick to Twitter.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Until then, hoping some goons can run me through what would be my first complete FF game, or does the bouncer count?

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1276500933959188482?s=20

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm spending the day shop-vaccing the basement of the home I recently bought. It's me vs the spider horde. I notice a small space between a floor joist and an I-beam.

I think to myself, "that'd be a good hidey-hole."

Nailed it.

I grab some needle nose pliers and reach in to retrieve my spoils.

"Finally, I've found the money stash!" I muse as I pull the box toward me.

Ugh. Gross. Expiration date in 2016.

Now I feel like I'm working in a Luigi's Mansion + Binding if Isaac cross-ovet among the vacuuming, spiders, cob webs, grime, and expired condoms.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

destitute posted:

I picked up Nioh ages ago and got through like the first boss fight. It was good but stupid real life got in the way and I never had motivation to go back and finish it. Should I at this point skip to Nioh 2 or power through the first one?

Nioh 1 is pretty good and I liked it better than DS2/3. In 2 you get to create your own character/there's more enemy variety/4 new weapon types/a couple new mechanics like equipping enemy skills and there's a fun demon parry since you're an oni in this one instead of the guy from the witcher. I think you can also summon/be summoned to help each other now but I always just play these games solo so idk

It still has the problem from the first game where it throws a stupid amount of loot at you (you pick up like 30-40+ very similar pieces of equipment per mission probably) but I guess there are weird people who like that

also it has the extremely cute kodama/sudama/a fat cat who will roll around and attack enemies for you

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

Ugh. Gross. Expiration date in 2016.

Now I feel like I'm working in a Luigi's Mansion + Binding if Isaac cross-ovet among the vacuuming, spiders, cob webs, grime, and expired condoms.

They're mostly harmless

:nms:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm still going to post on B+R because that place seems nice.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

They're mostly harmless

:nms:

where did you get that picture of Shelob's dad

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

destitute posted:

I picked up Nioh ages ago and got through like the first boss fight. It was good but stupid real life got in the way and I never had motivation to go back and finish it. Should I at this point skip to Nioh 2 or power through the first one?

There's not so much story in the games that it matters, though there's a nice moment towards the end of 2 if you've played 1.

I kind of was in the same boat with Nioh 1 and having had stuff get in the way, but finally managed to finish it right before 2 came out and didn't regret it. Your choice I think.

Still have to go back to both games and finish some stuff up, actually.

Help Im Alive posted:

also it has the extremely cute kodama/sudama/a fat cat who will roll around and attack enemies for you

They're also cold as ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLR6UZbg2Q

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

I'm going to try and make head and tail of it, forgive me if I get things wrong.

There's a pretty C-SPAM game, Brigador, where you play as a corporate terrorist attacking Cuba/Venezuela. Seems cool, there's a dark layer of corporate critical irony there. Goon made as well, lots of good buzz on Games over the years. Game seemed fairly woke, with female and black characters, which attracted the type of moderately woke crowd you would expect.

Then someone starts anonymously posting screenshots of the dev's posts on a YCS offsite, Badgame, where he and others share lots of extremely racist and sexist and islamophobic and transphobic nastiness, alongside people who were banned off GBS and C-SPAM for racism. Gauss admits that it's him, and that he would Do Better. People are skeptical, considering some of his posts are mocking others for attempting to apologize post-Cancellation.

Then Juggalo Baby Coffin starts posting screenshots of Gauss, still in contact with those offsiters, trying to not get double-cancelled by his fellow shitlords.

This is where poo poo gets really confusing. JBC starts insinuating that the rest of the Brigador team are even worse than Gauss. However he doesn't show the goods for that claim.

Then the offsiters flood in, start sharing screenshots of JBC being extremely racist on a Nazi discord. And start insinuating that the people he was in contact with were also those discord Nazis. The offsiters also tried to use the Dilbert mind-war technique, where you attempt to use the enemy's power word, like Nazi, or Chud, so much that it becomes useless. Unfortunately for them, their suffocating use of the term only serves to mark them out from others.

However, those screenshots are not trustworthy at all. Heck, they try to accuse other posters of also posting generic white genocide screeds using those screenshot, which doesn't help their case that JBC really was an actual member of the Nazi discord.

There are a couple of possibilities to come out of this. One is that JBC was part of a Nazi discord perpetuating a grudge against Gauss and Badgame, as part of some bizarre internecine conflict that only they can untangle. Another was that JBC was merely used as a catspaw by them, a way to sanitize their views. The third is that Badgame is completely full of poo poo and are simply trying to hide their behind a smokescreen of aerosolized poo poo.

In all scenarios, someone held a serious grudge against Gauss to air all that dirty laundry just like that. And that every Badgame regular should be summarily shot and thrown into a ditch.

Uhh...that last sentence. You need some serious help.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've heard it a few times now, what's the Badgame thing supposed to be

e: oh an offsite

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1276554758921347072

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Genuinely have no idea what that's going to look like.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

great another cop drama

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lurdiak posted:

every episode is a bottle episode

because he's drunk, you see.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lurdiak posted:

As long as the character designs are inspired by OG movie Sonic I'll be happy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am much more likely to watch that than I am the witcher

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see their horrible human-looking teeth

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ryanodonnell/status/1276542166358097920?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They loving schoolcrafted him?

Shutter CAH, jesus

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

I am much more likely to watch that than I am the witcher

You can watch a 5 second clip of Cavill grunting and just imagine the rest of that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
In the past year I've gone through From's Souls games.

Started with Sekiro. Was my game of the year. Loved it. Then played Bloodborne and did all dlc. Loved it. Game of the generation. Then I did Dark Souls 1. Loved it. Might be a top 5 favorite game? Started Dark Souls 2. Um. Started Dark Souls 3. Forgot about it.

I need to go back to 3.

One problem I have with 3 is that the enemies barely feel like Souls enemies. Like you got the enemies at opening village and they feel out of Bloodborne. I don't know. I just want more Souls 1.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 26, 2020