Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

echinopsis posted:

this was on the cereal killer album

https://youtu.be/Gtffv9bpB-U

cereal killer and orange krunch are my fav green jello songs.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Mr. Nice! posted:

green jello

see u in court

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I hope the overlord from YOSPOS will fix the search.

he's both the reason it works and the reason it doesn't and the forums lock up periodically

i'm not even kidding.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

cereal killer and orange krunch are my fav green jello songs.

green jello sucks!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you're more of a pudding pop guy then?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

infernal machines posted:

you're more of a pudding pop guy then?

nah its the band’s theme song/rallying cry. green jello has been very clear exactly what they are from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ayLgl8K3E

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
So what's the over under lowtax decides at the last minute he doesn't want to sell?

Because you know he'll screw this up

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
that’s not how over/under works. o/u is betting whether something is going to be numerically higher or lower than the betting line.

o/u could work for the dollar amount of the transaction, but does not really work for a non-numerical gambling choice.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

what do you figure the over/under is on me having read the preceding post?

i am still really surprised lowtax would let it go, so still a bit prepared for disappointment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Mr. Nice! posted:

that’s not how over/under works. o/u is betting whether something is going to be numerically higher or lower than the betting line.

o/u could work for the dollar amount of the transaction, but does not really work for a non-numerical gambling choice.

Welp, I just got :owned:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Cold on a Cob posted:

green jello sucks!

one of my favorite things about green jello is they were shopping themselves around to labels as “the first music video only band” and had never done anything, got signed and went “oh poo poo we have to make music videos now, but we don’t know how.”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Anne Frank Funk posted:

when was rule 36 repelled? is it ok now to say that i'm very, very poor?

i'm not poor obviously, it's what you call a hypothetical question, yeah

I miss the old dumb rules thread* and my favorite yospos moment is still the time someone got probated for violating the rule that just said "clams is rocks with food inside"

*maybe not the embedded meme with the n-word in it

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

i was very intimidated by the yospos ruleset. it was only the occasional string of empty quotes of my inferior moose milkie gifs what gave me respite from my night terrors

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Does anyone have a bio on Jeffrey who is this mysterious man

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Maximo Roboto posted:

Does anyone have a bio on Jeffrey who is this mysterious man

he’s an admin and owner if the something awful forums.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Anne Frank Funk posted:

i was very intimidated by the yospos ruleset. it was only the occasional string of empty quotes of my inferior moose milkie gifs what gave me respite from my night terrors

the rules are a trial by fire

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Anne Frank Funk posted:

the answer is to just post

everyone here are nerds, so if they give you poo poo just beat them up and stuff them in a locker

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mod saas posted:

yeah but yospos has a weird leftist irony poisoning where being genuine about anything other than your distaste for computers and/or the state gets you relentlessly mocked so unless you’re gonna commit to shitposting all day to try and scrape together a few cool points, posting ends up as a real drag real fast
i’m living proof this is all false
* irritating, jesse thorn levels of sincerity posting
* not a computer toucher by trade
* not a computer hater
* mocking has relented in days of late
* never had cool points don’t know how to spend then
* posting does not end up a real drag if it always was a real drag

lurkers, now is your time to shine

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thank you kenny your bravery has inspired me to make this post

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
always be posting

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yeah and while I do hate computers, my love for palm and webos devices is nothing if not sincere.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
your first day in the pos, what you want to do is find the biggest stymie you can and undermine them until they melt down years later and self-immolate

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

rotor posted:

yeah and while I do hate computers, my love for palm and webos devices is nothing if not sincere.

you gave me my first probe for mentioning the treo 700

your commitment to palm is fair-weather at best

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

my memories of yospoasting consist mainly of days of wonder at losethos guy (rip) and statpedia's ian maclean (ubelievably, actually still a thing). fond memories of yospos honeypotting the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes ... the ones who see things differently

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the windows palm is an abomination and we do not speak of it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Anne Frank Funk posted:

statpedia's ian maclean (ubelievably, actually still a thing).

lol. i remember him from my lurking days too. it was excellent when someone bought him an account and used one of his social media pictures where he’s flexing his pipes as his av.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

someone edit all those moose milkie gifs to replace ol' mm with lowtax's stupid fat face

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

Sweevo posted:

someone edit all those moose milkie gifs to replace ol' mm with lowtax's stupid fat face

No dont

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
my first yospos memory is saying "someone should make a netscape thread tag" and then someone did so I've always taken a little credit for that

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

COME ON GET INVOLVED

ROVER HERE!!!!!
i came back for the hot gos

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I hope Jeffrey just deletes a lot of the older content from the front page. Anonymous teenage humor from 15-20 years ago should just be tossed.

Biting hard enough to draw blood. Guess not all the misogynistic humor was satirical.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

my first yospos memory is saying "someone should make a netscape thread tag" and then someone did so I've always taken a little credit for that

other than all my spectacular posts, my next biggest contribution to online is making :catstare:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

SYSV Fanfic posted:

I hope Jeffrey just deletes a lot of the older content from the front page. Anonymous teenage humor from 15-20 years ago should just be tossed.

Biting hard enough to draw blood. Guess not all the misogynistic humor was satirical.

yeah good luck with that:

quote:

My promise to all of you is that I love something awful as something awful, and my intention is to preserve all of the things that make this site incredible. This will be something awful, at its best, not any sort of weird vision of what something awful should be.

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

COME ON GET INVOLVED

ROVER HERE!!!!!
phew jeffk is safe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

rotor posted:

other than all my spectacular posts, my next biggest contribution to online is making :catstare:

i forget who bought all the ega avs that time but i bought :rip: so we would never forget

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

is jeffery of YOSPOS really of YOSPOS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
no it's stolen valour