Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

you gotta quote the whole thing lol it rules:

Star Citizen: got murdered again, working on it.

That was such a glorious self-owning time :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

trucutru posted:

They changed this a while ago. You can now kill the pilot. Of course, you're still the ship so the game has to switch you back to the ragdoll when it dies.

This had (or has) some unintended consequences with explosive weapons. If you were piloting a ship and something exploded close to the cockpit, the pilot seat could techincally be inside the blast radius. So this would kill the pilot ragdoll but wouldn't activate the ship->pilot switch (because that only activated when killed by a gun) so the entity that was dead was the ship and the game forced it to explode. So, basically, if you could explode something close to the cockpit the ship would go kaboom even at full shields.

That just seems like a great time to introduce armourplated/shielded pilot seats, only new money because it's a small investment and if you buy it for three ships you can use in game currency for a fourth chair free of charge.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

An insane mind posted:

Alright, I'm going to dive into the old threads. When I started reading this one it took me about a month to catch up...so let's see how long I have to go under.
I hope the old threads explain how you actually buy an Idris, I keep pledging, but no game appears.

As someone who went back through most of the old threads back when I started reading about this mess, enjoy what is probably hundreds of thousands of posts, commando. o9

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
The picture was posted before my time in these threads so I dug up where it originally came to light.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

I'm not 100% convinced that this is legit since Ben did delete a whole ton of content from his site after that whole thing blew up, we have to find SpaceToaster and verify.

On second thought maybe not, I think SpaceToaster has an unhealthy obsession with Ben as he posted his entire Ben dossier like 30 times spread around SA.

Fidelitious fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 26, 2020

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

What will be like Final PU gameplay? posted:

quote:

It has always been my understanding that it will be more like Mass Effect where the relationships you form are the dominant factor in your experience. Earning money is just like IRL, a necessary thing to do but not the main goal in life.

There was an advertisement on TV many years ago. It was Virgin Atlantic, about the start of the cheap flights era. The video showed a young guy sitting on a bench in 'office clothes' eating his packed lunch, above him hanging from a hook was a grand piano being hoisted into a warehouse loft entrance. The rope broke and the piano fell down toward the guy.. the video paused. It then cut to scenes of the guy on wild holidays with lots of young women draped all over, bars and night clubs etc.. your typical Cluib 18 -30's faire - Spain, Greece, Italy etc. The caption underneath the final still frame of the video was of the piano just above the guys head, and it read...

"When your life flashes before your eyes...
...make sure you have something to watch."

This is the philosophy behind building the Persistent Universe. Holidays, amazing fascinating unique places to go, things to see - Space Whales on Crusader. 1000m high waves on Tangeroa. Undersea hotel on Tangaroa. Visiting Banu space. Characters to meet, historic happenings - building memories. As Chris puts it - Collecting snow globes. Having a home that you love.

A living breathing universe going on around you, even if all you do is sit there. Local wars, tribalism. Groups to hate or groups to identify with. This is why they concentrate so much on the lore in the game. In Squadron 42 the first thing Chris is going to do is make you fall in love with the places and the characters that you meet, because until you do you won't care whether they get destroyed or not. He doesn't want the typical war AAA game experience - We're the good guys, they're bad guys - go kill. He wants you to feel it, to really understand why you have to defeat them.

The PU will have personalities, politics, natural disasters, discoveries, annual holidays, sporting events and personalities, news programs, entertainment programs, it will run according to it's own timeline. The biggest response players will have to the game is FOMO - they will not want to be out of the game when things are happening. In game events will be streamed to your phone and tablet via Spectrum when you are not logged in, away from your PC. Stella Fortuna. Fleet Week. Terra Prime Fashion Week. Galactic Gear Tours. Intergalactic Aerospace Expos'. Murray Cup Racing. UEE hating Shock-jocks on the Spectrum with an agenda. Famous lovable rogue criminals. Terrorist groups.

Where were you, and what were you doing the day the Imperator was assassinated?

quote:

If you watch most in game made machinima, they are not demonstrating their rank, they are showing how to do what most people never thought was even possible. In most games this happens by accident, the players use the game in ways never intended. Chris is building a universe in which to constantly find things they didn't even know existed. That's the difference, one is by accident when you throw off the shackles, one is by intent because they made it so that there were no shackles to start with. Total freedom can seem very scary at first to those not used to it. Star Citizen will probably be the most 'photographed' and video'd game ever, mark my words.

Show me another virtual life that is planned to give so much freedom, I'll happily support it.

[EDIT] There is a little devil on my shoulder. He knows he will take a kind of childish delight when in the real world it is reported that in a game a virtual universe event has caused a drop in productivity because of all those people who don't want to miss it - phoning in sick. Heh heh.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mirificus posted:

What will be like Final PU gameplay? posted:

boring

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fidelitious posted:

The picture was posted before my time in these threads so I dug up where it originally came to light.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

I'm not 100% convinced that this is legit since Ben did delete a whole ton of content from his site after that whole thing blew up, we have to find SpaceToaster and verify.

On second thought maybe not, I think SpaceToaster has an unhealthy obsession with Ben as he posted his entire Ben dossier like 30 times spread around SA.

He turned off connections to his website iirc and complained about it on his LiveJournal two days after he wrote a LiveJournal about how he didn't care that it was getting any attention and that it was all harmless fun.

All 600+ photos for a newscaster in philly.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I remember in his weird non-apology he was like "We were just having harmless fun, we wanted to be like our heroes the cool guys over at Something Awful" which made me lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

I remember in his weird non-apology he was like "We were just having harmless fun, we wanted to be like our heroes the cool guys over at Something Awful" which made me lol

Nah, he never attributed it to SA. It was just harmless fun in your teens (actually your late 20s while working in a school) and the pleasant memories of chatting with your favorite IRC buddies while getting "jewed in counter-strike"

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Tane

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Poor Ben, after the attempted murder-by-cake, he has not been the same.

I wonder how that WC -the animated series- archiving project he got like 10k for is going.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Nah, he never attributed it to SA. It was just harmless fun in your teens (actually your late 20s while working in a school) and the pleasant memories of chatting with your favorite IRC buddies while getting "jewed in counter-strike"

I might have been thinking of a different whiny livejournal post. TBF I tried not to dig to hard into Ben's terrifying history

but lmao that "pretended we were lowtax" quote is uhhhhh topical

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Big Oof

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Star Citizen devs talk PvP :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMptw4O1dO0

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm scared to watch it

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
26 minutes... ugh

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Why do people who havent even played hate SC? posted:

I'm getting kind of sick of having to defend this game to people in bars, my friends, randoms who join my discord. Especially when none of these people even played it. What's the deal with all of these anti stsr citizen propaganda videos? I get most people cant appreciate a game like this that's a mix of...actual flight sim, and fps, and more even. But I imagine people view it like...more toxic than eve or league. And I really just dont understand why. Yeah star citizen totally has toxic players that are assholes. But it's nowhere near as common as other games. Are people just mad that a game they believe to have nothing in it has made so much money?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Mirificus posted:

In Squadron 42 the first thing Chris is going to do is make you fall in love with the places and the characters that you meet, because until you do you won't care whether they get destroyed or not.

I cried after the hot shot new recruit who pity hosed Matthew Lillard got bulldozed off a cliff because she caught space covid or something and nobody wanted to help her.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine pretending to be lowtax instead of Jeff K.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

so you're saying there's a chance!

thumbandthumber.jpg

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So did I miss the much coveted Squadron 55 video?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Gonna save you all the trouble

First 3 minutes and all they've done is talk about Possibilities of PVP, nothing actually related to PVP (because its all dreams) and they keep mentioning about Pyro, the 2nd star system that doesn't yet exist.

Its dumb and bullshit and a waste of time

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is a post about SC on the SC subreddit

quote:

oh boy sombody is trigger !!!!!

but fun to the side lets start to talk

" No just No.. Also it is proven that the majority of people who lean to the left politically are in an echo chamber especially when it comes to journalists and left-leaning supporters.. "

pls source for this I really would like to see this sturdy?

" Whereas a politically centrist or right-leaning person more often then not gets information from both sides of the political spectrum. This also has to do with more centrist and right-leaning ideas not being promoted as much as far-left ideas.. "

pls source for this I really would like to see this sturdy?

out of my expice and the great book

"das netzwerk der neuen rechten" ( its about far right struker in geramny and how ther build ther meida empier to suport surten groupse like the right radicl groupe in)

its the opiste that far right people have there one eco camber and that the do a lot that people stay there this video is a great look at it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P55t6eryY3g

So you wrong, one of my best Firends form kindergarten, voter for the AFD how is farrightparty and he say stuff that is hardcore aginst the german Grundgesetz. i am still talking to him So you came is wrong, and I like to talk with people on a neutral ground about topic like this. the only point I want to have is a fact base talking, this mean you source you loving clames.

Also pls stop saying center, there is no center party not in the US or in any another nation that's not how political party works. and can I ask what is you political belief?

i know political comps is not really a think in Polttical since becurse is a Poulisme way to show how politics work but did you ever do one , you say you are centrist/libertarian, but what means this? did you vote for trump? if yes thas not center, yes its libertaien but you voter against basic Since, what we see is the US is one party how is willing to let maby a million people die for profits and igonirng basic Sience in climate change.

and you doing it to you say left is in a eco chamber and is bad and you and you friends on the right are more open to infos.

yes there is a problem in the bad US two party system and the winner take all system the great this problem but one party in the US want litery people to die to save the economy.

So we will never come to same stands on topic I am left leaning, I voter for Social Democratic Party of Germany and the left party. the first party is more the position from Bernie sanders maby a little bit more economic liberal than him. and the other party American would call left extremist( the are not).

in my opinen we need les kaptilmise to survive global warming, and more for humankinde.

and you can ignore everything just pls answer this question that I can see if you are really what you calming you are.

Is climate change a problem ?

are taking points from BLM right?

is defound the police a goodthing ( lets take the defention from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9w841nrIBg )

is fox news a fake news company?

is CNN a fake news company?

Shuld people how spread hate and fake news be band from twitter and facebook if the company want to do this.

Do all human have human rights?

wenn was the last time you talk with somebody face to face about politics?

what is you education Lvl?

and would you like a talk over Teamspeak or so?

i am sry for the mistakes, deslxiya and german nativ is a bitch

After many years of studying that place, I can decipher it instantly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Tell us about PVP Todd Pappy

*Ramble about lawlessness and varieties of PVP for 3 minutes without getting to a single point*

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Someone this allergic to people calling something bad cannot be a real grown-up. A text book example of someone who grew old but never grew up.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Tell us about PVP Todd Pappy

*Ramble about lawlessness and varieties of PVP for 3 minutes without getting to a single point*

Does he mention the slider? That should take care of everything.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

Does he mention the slider? That should take care of everything.

No, they did not. Not in the 3 mins I wasted listening to that vid

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Star Citizer: Its dumb and bullshit and a waste of time

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Todd parpy

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/fEQfE3t.gifv

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
So I looking for the in game shot of the female model with a black skin-tone head and white body, to post to the New Place,

And.. well I found images that look distinctly like Sandy Roberts ne: gardener modelling a range of pregnancy wear.

wasn't expecting that.

Renfield fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 26, 2020

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Two weeks, folks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No, they did not. Not in the 3 mins I wasted listening to that vid

I've conceived kids in less time.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

plz don't doxx me at my mocap sessions

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

peter gabriel posted:

plz don't doxx me at my mocap sessions

Can you at least tell us if this is for part of the bartender sequences?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

monkeytek posted:

Can you at least tell us if this is for part of the bartender sequences?

I am mocapping the process of earning ships there

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Mirificus posted:

quote:

Star Citizen is already a better VR experience than ED will ever be. For the simple fact that it doesn't descriminate if you're on Foot or flying a space ship. It's always ON because CIG actually made the game to accommodate it.

Forgot the 90DaysTop.

I'm sorry, did I miss something ? VR is available in SC now ? Because this citizen certainly seems to think so. So how can I enable it ( other than in my dreams.txt ) ?

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
1. ben was right all along
2. believe women
3. i mean...all of them? ( sandi? )

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Is this a positive change? Is Jeffrey of YOSPOS cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Another reminder that these guys don't want a spaceship flying game- they want The Oasis from RP1 or the holodeck from ST:TNG... A really boring holodeck where you get to wait for mass transit to arrive.