Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Lol yeah that's EO. what difficulty are you playing on? I've never finished a eo but I always enjoy the time I put into them

Expert. I'd heard these were hard games and I usually start on hard but thought about medium, but Synthy said expert in this one is like medium in the other 4.

Really like the character customisation and I've never played RPG where your full team has to work together well instead of just being single roles. Was loving around with a bunch of combos because you have 17 classes lol so a bit under levelled once I chose my squad I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

EmmyOk posted:

Is it where the container is sliding around a lot? If so hanging on the container on your side and ledge shooting him is the best way. Really loving annoying but hopefully you have pistole or there is one in the area but that's how I beat him first try after he owned me a whole bunch

I had kinda assumed he was invincible until I took care of the other waves of pirates

i do have the pistole ready to go :getin:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I had kinda assumed he was invincible until I took care of the other waves of pirates

i do have the pistole ready to go :getin:

Same lol and then he went down super fast. Really annoying enemy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I downloaded they cell shaded western Gungeon looking game starting Ron Perlman because it was free on Game Pass. Maybe I'll try that out.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

going to take a break from trying to platinum the FF7 remake and I think im giving up on Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass. might try Arkham asylum tonight, I've never played it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yikes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Evening coffee post Chinese food gaming with Etriwn odyssey watching kingsman. Bella Vida gamers :coffeepal:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
right now feeling like drat its good to be a gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

This.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

calmly sliding into month 4 of "For the health of yourself and your community you should remain indoors and only eat pizza deliveries" with the same sweatpants and 2 new plats.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trying to remember which Chinese I’m supposed to order from tonight so it doesn’t look like I’ve ordered takeaway the last 10 nights running

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
cities skylines atm

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Suikoden

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Yakuza 0 and Metal Gear Revengeance.. I got it today it was on sale for $5. I beat it when it came out but I forgot a lot of it. I'm looking forward to fighting the last boss again. That was my favorite part

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Going to get drunk as hell and game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I played a little Titanfall 2 until it crashed, I might start on Outer Wilds or even play some FFV (Four job fiesta)

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

elf help book posted:

feeling this 100%

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Hopping between Sekiro and FF7R hard playthrough. finished redoing a handful of chapters on normal last night to get some dresses and music discs, now it's time to get that plat.

I’m fully playing through the whole game three times, honourably.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

calmly sliding into month 4 of "For the health of yourself and your community you should remain indoors and only eat pizza deliveries" with the same sweatpants and 2 new plats.

https://youtu.be/DieyzCVTMog

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

that's my plan, but i suck at the motorcycle minigame and i need the motorcycle trophy so I'm taking a break. I think most of the challenge in my first playthrough was equipping materia I wanted to level instead of being strategic about it, looking forward to hard mode.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You can get the motorcycle trophy regardless of difficulty so I just did it on Easy. I needed to replay the chapter anyway cause I forgot to assess Roche twice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You were mesmerized by his ridiculous good looks and charm, just admit it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

You can get the motorcycle trophy regardless of difficulty so I just did it on Easy. I needed to replay the chapter anyway cause I forgot to assess Roche twice.

I changed it to easy mode for the motorcycle bit but I still keep going to like 70 percent health against Roche so jessie won't give me the prize. I don't know why im so bad at it, it's harder for me than the pull ups mini-game

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I have no idea if level matters but I was level 50 by the time I did it and Roche melted pretty fast to the special spin slash move on Easy. I didn't even really try to avoid his attacks. Dunno if that'll help.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s actually best to stay close to him around half health when he’s doing his lightning attacks more than just the two basic ones. Before midway if you just hang back and spam the ranged attack his first two attack types are easy to dodge

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also p sure tour move meter goes up faster when you’re not boosting which is perfect for hanging back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You have to do some chapters like 5 or 6 times for 100% play log so I'm doing a lot of them on normal for the XP/AP before starting hard. I've done chapters 3/8/9 3 times now lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

I have no idea if level matters but I was level 50 by the time I did it and Roche melted pretty fast to the special spin slash move on Easy. I didn't even really try to avoid his attacks. Dunno if that'll help.

hmm, I think I'm late 30s. I tried to cheez it by putting on a bunch of HP Plus and the sword that absorbs health, but I can't tell if it affects the motorcycle stats. I'll come back to it, I'm just trying to play some mindless stuff in between

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

You have to do some chapters like 5 or 6 times for 100% play log so I'm doing a lot of them on normal for the XP/AP before starting hard. I've done chapters 3/8/9 3 times now lol.

i think it's only 3 unless I'm missing something? one for each dress, basically. maybe 4 if you have to do both sidequest paths in hard mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i think it's only 3 unless I'm missing something? one for each dress, basically. maybe 4 if you have to do both sidequest paths in hard mode

I didn't realize until I had already done it once for the other dress but yeah, both chapter 9 routes need to be done on hard for the manuscripts. I should have googled first

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

There's probably a way to do it so it's only 3 at most but unless you plan ahead you're going to need to do them a lot. Chapter 14 resolutions also require you to replay chapters 3 and 8 in order to get the Barrett resolution. And you need to do chapter 9 on hard at a minimum twice to do both sidequest paths for the manuscript. I did not plan ahead and ended up doing chapter 9 like 5 times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool though bc Chapter 9 is loving awesome.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

normal mode also sails by in NG+ because you just get to loving wreck everything w/o thinking about it

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

IdealFlaws posted:

Yakuza 0 and Metal Gear Revengeance.. I got it today it was on sale for $5. I beat it when it came out but I forgot a lot of it. I'm looking forward to fighting the last boss again. That was my favorite part

:cheerdoge: just bought my friend a copy of yakuza 0 on sale... its a game worth sharing

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
playing through the tomb raider remakes for the first time. so far the first one is good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

If only cyberpunk would stop getting delayed :/

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

You don’t at all. I’m doing my third play now and only have the last dresses and barrets resolution to finish the play log and plat, which I’ll get on this run.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
tomorrow i might be free of responsibilities and finalyl able to game for 12 hours a day like 2 weeks ago when i had responsibilities and did it anyway fyadb itch!