Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I should have better things to do with my time but I must admit a morbid fascination with seeing the collapse of all these gross mediocre internet white dudes all in public view, feels a bit cathartic when all the bigger problems seem intractable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah this is the most I've read GBS in 10 years. Can't look away.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think by the transitive property this conclusively makes games art

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/1276732096027885574

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if only roger ebert could have seen this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wizard 101 Status Update:

I finished as much as I could without paying for a membership so I ended up loving around in the makeover shop to see what kind of makeover options they have for the people who buy the premium currency.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did you talk to Diego the Duelmaster

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yes

He told me about duel tournaments and how to join in pvp tourney brackets.

I don't care about duel tournaments because there is no way in hell a level 10 life mage who isn't a subscription member so hell if I can get proper gear or spells for it.

Also, due to how the name system works (you have 3 names, [First] [Second][Third], for example, Joseph SunFist), it turns out that one of the potential names you can make is "Luke SkyWalker" and I've seen several people with that name. You can also opt for the 2nd and/or 3rd name to be blank so you just end up with the first name and maybe one of the other names, but unfortunately "Peter" is not one of the possible first names so I could not make "Peter Griffin" :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm on a shark

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like how they designed that shark without thinking for one second about the pole that would have to go through it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

I like how they designed that shark without thinking for one second about the pole that would have to go through it.

Yeah, they just picked out various monster models for the carousel and stuck a rod through them so that's the shark summon that storm people get access to. Presumably storm people because it has an electric aesthetic.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is bordering on a first world problem, but loving game launchers, man. Middle of the night I get the vague urge to play Spore, and its installer ain't working on my system for some reason. That's okay, I'll just load Origin and put in the code that way. Nope, Past Me used the code ages ago (probably when installing it an age ago, possibly because said code doesn't work with Origin), so it won't let me use it.

It's only 20 bucks on Origin, but gently caress if I'm going to pay for a game I own - a game I'm bound to load, play for about an hour, and then decide that no, I'm just bored and tired and can't sleep.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Not paying 20 for Spore is a great decision, i think its £5 in the steam sale right now

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not paying 20 for Spore is a great decision, i think its £5 in the steam sale right now

It's actually zero dollars for me, because evidently Past Bibs had the same random impulse to play Spore and bought it on Steam. Even though he had a physical copy, so why...

... unless it crashes on load so I'm downloading it again and why am I doing this I know I'm going to be loving bored of it :negative:

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 27, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

MisterBibs posted:

It's actually zero dollars for me, because evidently Past Bibs had the same random impulse to play Spore and bought it on Steam.

:hfive:

I remember being so excited for spore as well

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think by the transitive property this conclusively makes games art

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/1276732096027885574

This is how Tenet will end being released.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

JollyBoyJohn posted:

:hfive:

I remember being so excited for spore as well

I can see why one can get bored of it, especially given how WW promised the moon. The game has always seemed to slot well into "gently caress what do I want to play" moods for me; going from Cell -> Space tends to be the answer. Once I was a Space Empire and all I had to do was do that, I was done.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 27, 2020

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

It's always fun when Soren Johnson gets one of his Spore comrades on his podcast and they're like, "man, what were we thinking?"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish Hitman 47 was real so I could kiss him

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should have better things to do with my time but I must admit a morbid fascination with seeing the collapse of all these gross mediocre internet white dudes all in public view, feels a bit cathartic when all the bigger problems seem intractable

Geoff trying to draw up potential categories for a "Virtual Video Game Awards", tries to sneak back in the "Trending Gamer" award and has to be told by everyone in the conference call that the category needs to stay dead. It's a cursed category, no more trending gamers Geoff.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Jay Rust posted:

I wish Hitman 47 was real so I could kiss him

He gets a surprise kiss in the first game and in response shudders in disgust, please only kiss with consent.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

If we get another trending gamer they're absolutely gonna turn out to be a cannibal.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Unless that's what Disrespect did, do we know what he did yet?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hey it's ya boy longpork69

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A Sometimes Food posted:

Unless that's what Disrespect did, do we know what he did yet?

I hope it is this:

Ometeotl posted:

No, it's because he lied about his medical credentials.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

hi again everyone

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I sincerely doubt that man's medical credentials.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A minor thing considering the whole infidelity situation... but I disliked how he brought in his wife as "Nurse Disrespect", that seemed to be pointlessly reinforcing regressive gender roles

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

but enough about dr baby wario

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
better that then baby doctor wario

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd trust a baby more than I'd trust a Dolphin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How are you going to perform surgery?

You don't have any hands!

Ridiculous.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dolphins are really smart. source: star trek 4 the voyage home, star trek tng technical manual cetacean ops chapter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In my homebrew d&d campaign Dolfyns get +2 intellect -2 dexterity

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last 2 weekends have been a hilarious wash for me in a "Yup that's 2020 for ya" sense.

A week ago I was sick with a head cold and had to cancel a tattoo appointment.
Today I had a reaction to a flu-shot I got yesterday and woke up with a fever+uncontrollable shivering for half the day and had to cancel a massive board game day I had planned.

Looking forward to getting the plague next week.

May 8, 2006

stay safe infinitum

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

stay safe infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cheers lads :boonie:

Enjoy this doge
https://i.imgur.com/Ux8yE3N.mp4

Imma go play some Horizon Zero Dawn and punch some robots in their face.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I bet he doesn't even have a PhD.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a shame the dr mario mobile game isn't very good because I like dr three goombas in a coat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here’s one benefit of always playing games on my own: no such thing as a cancellation