Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I joined! Hooray!

If anyone specifically needs me on there, send me an @ so I get the message. I don't spend much time in front of my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I chose the wrong year to quit drinking :smith:

and the year isn't even half-way over.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

theHUNGERian posted:

I chose the wrong year to quit drinking :smith:

and the year isn't even half-way over.

Same here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
It gets easier, but don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about it. I never succeeded until I got some medical help for the withdrawal symptoms.

One warning - Once that gets on your chart, you are going to have to emphatically repeat your sobriety for the rest of your life. I've been clean for six or seven years and still get run through the same questions every visit.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Godspeed LAB. Thanks for all the good bird posts and the free plat. See you around!

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

wait take me to the discord with yoouuuuu (the invite expired)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kenshin posted:

If I spin up a parrot discord server will folks want to join? Seems like we should maintain a sane parrot owner community.

hi yes pls

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

given the details of what happened, holy poo poo I need to get outta here too

i volunteer with a shelter, this poo poo is too real

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I know nothing of discord and am suspicious of new and strange things but damnit this a fine community and needs to survive. It is v. Important that I know how chonky Serra is, how much in love pesto and mayo are, how crazy Charlie's eyes are and about all you and your lovely birbs are getting on.

( I see you hannah, no sneaky pounces plz)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

discord and other forms like B+R feel weird and uncomfortable and different, but time and good posting has been helping the adaptation

the goon diaspora will find home

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Pookah posted:

I know nothing of discord and am suspicious of new and strange things but damnit this a fine community and needs to survive. It is v. Important that I know how chonky Serra is, how much in love pesto and mayo are, how crazy Charlie's eyes are and about all you and your lovely birbs are getting on.

( I see you hannah, no sneaky pounces plz)

really pesto loves mayo way more than mayo loves pesto. Or maybe she just won't say it out loud because she certainly looks forlorn if he's not around.

(also LAB I heard has been doing wonderful things during this horrible ordeal and that made my heart glow a bit. :3: LAB is good)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Another 1 day invite code for Parrot Island discord:

https://discord.gg/87kSB3

we've got lots of people now!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

since there is no reason to lurk anymore i love all your burbs and alex should be illegal, his pictures are TOO DANGEROUS for this world

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

How do I add a channel to my existing discord?

Help I am old.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

e: nvm

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 26, 2020

Worsted Weight
Oct 13, 2012

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

since there is no reason to lurk anymore i love all your burbs and alex should be illegal, his pictures are TOO DANGEROUS for this world

same boat, I've lurked here since making an account (and posting incredibly cringeworthy posts all of twice)

i realise this is probably a bit weird but i really wanted to say i'm incredibly grateful for this thread, it got me through some very bad years and i learned a lot about birds. it even helped me patch up my relationship with my parents a little bit, believe it or not; they really liked hearing (abridged versions of) stories about everyone's birds from time to time and mum used to dislike all animals but she gets excited about the lorikeets and magpies that hang out in our lawn now.

mikerock posted:

How do I add a channel to my existing discord?

Help I am old.

in case you (or anyone else here, w) mean adding a channel to your own server, you can do that with the dropdown at the top of where it shows the list of channels:

theHUNGERian is correct about the icons, those are servers

e: man the YOU JUST MADE A POST that comes up when you, post, is sure reminding me why i am forever anxious about being Seen on the internet

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Kenshin posted:

If I spin up a parrot discord server will folks want to join? Seems like we should maintain a sane parrot owner community.

I mostly lurk, but I would totally post more rear end in a top hat grey pics if it were discord.
LAB, you're the best.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Look at the announcement, Jeffrey of YOSPOS is (hopefully) getting handed the keys!

Birb mod is still best mod. Thank you for making a stand and helping Logan.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 26, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just wanna say: LAB? Thank you for everything. You're easily the nicest person I know.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

redgubbinz posted:

Look at the announcement, Jeffrey of YOSPOS is (hopefully) getting handed the keys!

Will that be enough to bring LAB back?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

theHUNGERian posted:

Will that be enough to bring LAB back?

You're right, I can do better.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

e: what the piss

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

redgubbinz posted:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Bird is the word....

BIRDMOD=BESTMOD

hope LAB comes back...

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

BIRDMOD WE LOVE YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

redgubbinz posted:

You're right, I can do better.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

e: what the piss

Maybe leaving some millet out in this post will be enough to lure LAB back.

:millet: :millet: :millet: :millet: :millet: :shiny thing: :millet: :millet: :millet:

Edit: :BeakGrindingNoises:

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 26, 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Birdmod should stay wherever birdmod feels comfortable, ofc. In the meantime Alex will mod for seeds

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mediaphage posted:

Birdmod should stay wherever birdmod feels comfortable, ofc. In the meantime Alex will mod for seeds

Well they are literally a bird, so they do meet the base qualifications... :hmmyes:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
It would be absolutely lovely if BirbMod came back, but I also think she should do whatever is best for her.

So I’m basically saying the completely obvious.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

mediaphage posted:

God I love this little lime

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DarkHorse posted:

God I love this little lime

Aw, g'way, he says

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
This morning, Serra was out while I was still in bed. We were just doing our normal routine.

Then my phone rang. It was the pharmacy. I’ve been having to switch pharmacies and it has been a nightmare, so I had to take this call.

The second I touched my ringing phone, Serra starting doing her VERY VERY LOUD SCREM at the phone. Maybe she thinks all my phone calls are Medicare scammers?

I had to take the call but she wouldn’t stop the screm. I had to think fast.

I unceremoniously threw my bed blanket over Serra and bundled her up like a cockatiel hot dog. This managed to stop the crazy screm. The loud screm was replaced with cockatiel beeps and hoops. I was only on the phone for a minute, so I just left Serra bundled up until I got off the phone.

When I let her out, she marched over to the phone and gave it three good screms.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Captain Log posted:

This morning, Serra was out while I was still in bed. We were just doing our normal routine.

Then my phone rang. It was the pharmacy. I’ve been having to switch pharmacies and it has been a nightmare, so I had to take this call.

The second I touched my ringing phone, Serra starting doing her VERY VERY LOUD SCREM at the phone. Maybe she thinks all my phone calls are Medicare scammers?

I had to take the call but she wouldn’t stop the screm. I had to think fast.

I unceremoniously threw my bed blanket over Serra and bundled her up like a cockatiel hot dog. This managed to stop the crazy screm. The loud screm was replaced with cockatiel beeps and hoops. I was only on the phone for a minute, so I just left Serra bundled up until I got off the phone.

When I let her out, she marched over to the phone and gave it three good screms.
Phone makes Papa stressed = phone is bad = phone = SCREMMMM

Her logic is impeccable.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Pookah posted:

Phone makes Papa stressed = phone is bad = phone = SCREMMMM

Her logic is impeccable.

I really need to see what she does if someone not related to healthcare calls me.

In other words, we will never know what happens.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Peanut on a melon

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1276637076180656129

That is all

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 27, 2020

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

omg

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

peanut: don't touch me or my extremely large son ever again

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Peanut: I will eat this whole thing....don't try to stop meh!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I will use my body to shield the humans from this grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

"Hey Mom! I can fit this all in my mouth at once! Wanna see?"