Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
This is the SA I know and love :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/FQPsfzl.mp4

You don’t really have to hit play to know where this is going...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
First someone puts trash across the road, and then a train comes out of no where. Unbelievable.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Cartoon Man posted:

100% the driver's fault, but he wasn't trying to cheat the crossing. He just failed to brake in time then correctly hit the gas once he was too far in.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FQPsfzl.mp4

Wow, those trucks have bad blindspots.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ekuNNN posted:

from the schadenfreude thread:
https://i.imgur.com/beqyJ0I.mp4

Oh my god is that the barrel of the gun split open like after bugs foils Elmer Fudd by sticking his finger in the barrel? :stonk:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh my god is that the barrel of the gun split open like after bugs foils Elmer Fudd by sticking his finger in the barrel? :stonk:

This video is the gift that keeps on giving

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It definitely looks that way. I'm guessing it's a cheapo gun and he put the barrel in the water. Pressure built up in the barrel, water didn't want to get out of the way, so the barrel split open.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Wrr posted:

I'd bet money on sidewalks having too big a lip for the scooter to get up onto. Doesn't seem like they'd be able to really handle much of anything

IME, that is correct. I work wheelchair/stretcher transport and talk to many people with limited mobility.

The little three-wheeled dealies are not up to poo poo power-wise and they are also very unstable. Flat land/indoor use is fine but they struggle with uneven or broken surfaces. Once you get up to bigger chairs with four or six wheels (leading castors, drive wheels, trailing castors) they have big enough tires and more than enough power to get through most things a human could shuffle over. The big chairs are also something on the order of 300lbs., so in use you have to make choices; if it's too big or heavy to make it over something, you might make it around an obstacle, but if it gets stuck you will be very stuck.

The following is a story told to me by a man born with severe deformities who must be in a powered wheelchair to perform basic tasks. He is a wonderful guy, full of curiosity, kindness, and wit:

Being a vulnerable person, he was evacuated to a government shelter before a hurricane. After settling in, he decided to take a little walk around the neighborhood. Killing time before the storm, as you do. Well, there was a strip of grass between the end of their parking lot and the sidewalk. "I can make that, it's only a yard or so."
He made it a foot before sinking into wet sand hiding under the grass. He looks around and notices where he is: behind a building with no windows, sheltered from the road. Oops. Upon further inspection of the situation, there is a National Guard depot right next door. Think a big truck park behind fences, no reason to be there except when pulling a vehicle out or doing maintenance (luckily one of those things happens before a storm). After an half-hour of panic, he manages to flag down a few soldiers. Dude said six of them tried lifting the thing out of the mire. It did not work, sunk down to the axles. Two of them had to carry him bodily into the building while the rest got a tele-handler to yank his chair out. He is much more careful about where he rides now, as there isn't always a way out.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

devmd01 posted:

This is the SA I know and love :allears:

Haha sorry didn't mean to attack your house. I'd love to have a nice big house like that :glomp:
American houses just have a certain aesthetic™ where you can have a tiny cropped picture like that and still see four separate gables and three different styles of window :v:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Well that's one way to get on TV.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wow it’s the only Floridian ever observed to use a hand signal ahead of a turn.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

It definitely looks that way. I'm guessing it's a cheapo gun and he put the barrel in the water. Pressure built up in the barrel, water didn't want to get out of the way, so the barrel split open.

This is exactly what happened, though it's not necessarily that the gun is cheap; barrel obstructions are super dangerous.

When I hunt I have a little plastic cover that I slip over the muzzle so I don't accidentally cartoon my rifle by getting some snow or mud in there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/a2xuLQJ.gifv

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In case anyone wants to know why we have crane accidents.

Tipped cranes are impossible, guys! They engineered all the safety in!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

bro why

oh. Ooooohhhhhh hahahaha. Flip the breaker

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cojawfee posted:

Doesn't need to be a cheapo gun at all, just put a few inches of the tip into the water and anything will blow up like that. The trick to shooting a gun underwater is to make sure the barrel is completely filled with water so there's no interface for the pressure to build up insanely high all at once.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

chitoryu12 posted:

If you want an OSHA-laden show to watch, try Canada's Worst Handyman. It's a show where they take people who are extremely bad at DIY and home repairs (either because they're scared to learn how to be self-sufficient or they think they're amazing but are actually incompetent and dangerous) and have them try to complete basic home renovation and repair challenges as you marvel at how bad they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6B5csEH3I

I have a friend like those guys. He's extremely competent in many things but when it comes to repairing or building stuff my cat can do a better job. He refuses to even use a knife to open packages. I'll hand him a box cutter and he'll pull his keys out, or use a dull pair of scissors. Then he hurts himself and damages the contents of the package.

He'll use a screw gun as a hammer and a hammer as a paint brush. It makes no sense. I try to help him. I've worked on projects with him before and I make him my gofer. He's seen me do work. I've shown him how plumbing works. I've shown him electrical circuits. I've shown him how to run a saw. I've shown him drywall repair. He's helped me do all these things yet he still keeps using his keys to open boxes. I bought him a box cutter to use and he still uses his keys, hurts his hand, and damages the contents. Every, single, time.

Corb Lund to the rescue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I'll use my keys to open boxes, but I just attack the thin, taut strip of tape joining the top flaps together. What does he do, saw his way in from the side?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My dad is losing it physically and mentally (he kept telling me to turn the screws left to remove them all week as I was helping around the house like I hadn't just removed a dozen other screws) and he'd still do a job a million times better than they would. I'm kinda mad I watched all of the episodes on YouTube without him so he could laugh at them.

Seemed to me that everyone on the show would just give up at the first complication and just (literally) attack the problem out of anger instead of taking a breather. Yeah, it took me like five hours to swap out a water heater yesterday, but I planned out each step and it went mostly without a hitch. I've only watched one get installed before and that was about fifteen years back.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

KoRMaK posted:

bro why

oh. Ooooohhhhhh hahahaha. Flip the breaker

pair of needle nose pliers, insulated boots and just don't touch both prongs and you'll be fine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My Spirit Otter posted:

pair of needle nose pliers, insulated boots and just don't touch both prongs and you'll be fine

Crouch on a fibreglass ladder for additional safety.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://i.imgur.com/A92XGHB.mp4

It's like when a hippo takes a poo poo and flings it everywhere with its tail!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

mostlygray posted:

I have a friend like those guys. He's extremely competent in many things but when it comes to repairing or building stuff my cat can do a better job. He refuses to even use a knife to open packages. I'll hand him a box cutter and he'll pull his keys out, or use a dull pair of scissors. Then he hurts himself and damages the contents of the package.

He'll use a screw gun as a hammer and a hammer as a paint brush. It makes no sense. I try to help him. I've worked on projects with him before and I make him my gofer. He's seen me do work. I've shown him how plumbing works. I've shown him electrical circuits. I've shown him how to run a saw. I've shown him drywall repair. He's helped me do all these things yet he still keeps using his keys to open boxes. I bought him a box cutter to use and he still uses his keys, hurts his hand, and damages the contents. Every, single, time.

Corb Lund to the rescue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

"It'll wiggle just a little but it aint quite stripped" is a line that comes to me waaaay too often in my normal day.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

chitoryu12 posted:

If you want an OSHA-laden show to watch, try Canada's Worst Handyman. It's a show where they take people who are extremely bad at DIY and home repairs (either because they're scared to learn how to be self-sufficient or they think they're amazing but are actually incompetent and dangerous) and have them try to complete basic home renovation and repair challenges as you marvel at how bad they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6B5csEH3I

Thanks for the recommendation. This seems like some of the most victimless reality TV and is educational

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Batterypowered7 posted:

Japanese bullet hell shmups are just ridiculous

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Batterypowered7 posted:

What that video always makes me think of is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg&t=83s

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/JfbXGhg.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I have a headache and spinal trauma just from watching this

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

glynnenstein posted:

This is exactly what happened, though it's not necessarily that the gun is cheap; barrel obstructions are super dangerous.

When I hunt I have a little plastic cover that I slip over the muzzle so I don't accidentally cartoon my rifle by getting some snow or mud in there.

Does it unpeel along the rifling? That’s pretty cool.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Where the legend of Sanjit "Bullneck" Singh began.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

drgitlin posted:

Does it unpeel along the rifling? That’s pretty cool.

Very clearly not, you can see the rifling crossing the peeled strip in that image.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I'm considering getting OSHA 30 General certification to add some more cards to my stack of certs. What kind of weight does OSHA 30 General carry? Is $190 for online certification going to pay itself off?

Some small content: The same safety guy who told me to put a regular zip tie on a fire extinguisher safety pin recently told me that I didn't need any PPE to remove a bird's nest because bird nests are "all natural"

EvenWorseOpinions fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 27, 2020

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Welp

https://twitter.com/SinaZerbo/status/1276559857731153921?s=20

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Uh... how worried should someone living in the orange area be?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

The orange area displays the potential area the source is in based on winds over the last 72 hours. How dangerous it is depends on proximity to the actual source.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The orange zone is dangerously...cheesy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

They said in the news the concentrations in Finnish atmosphere are not high enough to affect people or environment.

Obviously they must be covering it up :derp:

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

umm wait does that mean a nuclear reactor is leaking?