Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So what are opinions of the Cyberpunk demo? None of the game-systems are ground-breaking but they look diverse and well-implemented: FPS combat, open-world driving, dialogues with skill-checks, as well less-interesting stuff like the crime-scene analysis from that crappy Arkham game. It's like if Rockstar Games wasn't fifteen years behind everyone else in terms of gameplay.

It definitely looks like every production dollar in on screen and has been slaved over for the past five years. I highly doubt the now-ancient PS4 and Xbox will run it well unless the ports are Bluepoint caliber. I'm sure the end-result will match the praise of the Witcher 3 but won't be to everyone's taste, possibly due to samey combat or excessive inventory-management.

I really don't want all future AAA games to be 100 hour-long behemoths built on crunch, but I do hope CIG gets loving raked for being so incompetent in comparison. I know they don't have any shame given their JPEG grift, but I would like to see them get put on the spot like Peter O'Hanrahanrahan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/7Fp5CDa.gifv

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So what are opinions of the Cyberpunk demo?

I skimmed it. As a player of the rpg in the early 90’s, and someone who respects the work CDPR put into the Witcher series, I was really looking forward to this game. Not that impressed, honestly. The driving, especially in the desert scene, looked really weightless and floaty, some of the voice work iffy, and the combat scene with the head coming off made me laugh involuntarily, it looked ridiculous.
All the bits that looked or sounded great should look and sound great anyway, for a company with their talent, cashflow and five years of development time.
I know it’s not ready until November, but the last reaction I thought I’d have is “Eh, I’ll see how it looks in a few months.”

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

So what are opinions of the Cyberpunk demo? None of the game-systems are ground-breaking but they look diverse and well-implemented: FPS combat, open-world driving, dialogues with skill-checks, as well less-interesting stuff like the crime-scene analysis from that crappy Arkham game. It's like if Rockstar Games wasn't fifteen years behind everyone else in terms of gameplay.

It definitely looks like every production dollar in on screen and has been slaved over for the past five years. I highly doubt the now-ancient PS4 and Xbox will run it well unless the ports are Bluepoint caliber. I'm sure the end-result will match the praise of the Witcher 3 but won't be to everyone's taste, possibly due to samey combat or excessive inventory-management.

I really don't want all future AAA games to be 100 hour-long behemoths built on crunch, but I do hope CIG gets loving raked for being so incompetent in comparison. I know they don't have any shame given their JPEG grift, but I would like to see them get put on the spot like Peter O'Hanrahanrahan.

I watched some of it, idk it looked good to me I guess. Sort of like a GTA world but with actual RPG mechanics. At this point though it’s been hyped so long and so hard that inevitably it won’t be able to live up to a lot of people’s expectations.

I guess I’m just pretty far removed from it, because I’m always about a year or two behind on games, and I usually only buy new games long after their release date when they go on sale.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Reading the first thread atm and I'm getting so sad. Everyone was so loving hype for this game, ready to see what it would be. This is so interesting, sad and simultaniously fun with 2020 hindsight.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I’m jazzed. Wish more studios would fill the void left by golden era BioWare. Didn’t dig Witcher III as much as most, mostly because of the combat. Last 10/10 masterpiece game (for me) was RDD2, and it skewed so heavily towards simulation that, but for the richness of the world itself, I’d have been hard pressed to enjoy it.

It’s cliched to be hyped about Cyberpunk but I’ve seen just enough to be hyped. And I’m always glad to see studios raising bars further and further beyond CIG’s reach, simply because they help Chris’s old “no studio could try to compete, except maybe Rockstar” quotes age so sweetly...

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
HEY GUYS I'VE HAD A FEW BEERS IT'S DRUNK BOOTCHA TIME

REMEMBER THE TIME WE POSTED FOOD RECIPES BECAUSE TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL STAR CITIZEN BULLSHIT WAS ACTUAL BULLSHIT WELL

HEY HEY IT'S TIME TO MAKE SOME CA-RAAAAAAAZY FOODIE ARE YOU READY HERE WE GOOO

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
...Volcano Bakemeat?

Wait, not enough hot peppers.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Chili Con Carne Tex Mex style

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Meatballs...with bacon?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Kosumo posted:

Leonard Skinly was the best.

Derek's ablity to self own himself was so masterful. Even as others reached out to help him, he gracefully push them away and plowed with the might of an asteroid in to himself. Doubling down on doubling down on doubling down!

It was Derek's greatest victory - it was as though Derek declared "It's him, in the wheelchair" only to then turn away from the mirror and hop out of the wheelchair.

All because Sandi had tweeted about her combat classes.

R.I.P. Leonard :gary: :rip: :yarg:

e:way for me to post from the past and look like a Derek!

Oh! That's right, that's skinly... Yeah I keep falling for it too, some satire is just too good I guess (or I'm a secret Derek account)

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So someone a few pages ago linked that old Ben thread (though honestly, people examine every inch of his bedroom is nearly as creepy as his stalker crush thing...) but someone also linked the reddit post laying it all out for the Star Citizen faithful. I was honestly surprised that the majority were creeped out and wanted him fired over the stalking and pedo stuff- with a few exceptions.

I realized I recognized a name:

"I use the n-word in my gaming sessions, therefore everyone else must do it too... SLANDER, FUD, AND HYPOCRISY, I SAY!!!"

I'd say never change, dude- but I really don't think he will.

(also I ran "gremlich" through google translate and I guess it's German for "awkward" which is so appropriate.)

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
If you ever need a video to sum up star citizen, I think this might be it

:reddit: Watch out for those black holes around Hurston

https://v.redd.it/l6eaeioxpj751/DASH_480

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So someone a few pages ago linked that old Ben thread (though honestly, people examine every inch of his bedroom is nearly as creepy as his stalker crush thing...) but someone also linked the reddit post laying it all out for the Star Citizen faithful. I was honestly surprised that the majority were creeped out and wanted him fired over the stalking and pedo stuff- with a few exceptions.

I realized I recognized a name:

"I use the n-word in my gaming sessions, therefore everyone else must do it too... SLANDER, FUD, AND HYPOCRISY, I SAY!!!"

I'd say never change, dude- but I really don't think he will.

(also I ran "gremlich" through google translate and I guess it's German for "awkward" which is so appropriate.)

Excellent logic,

So unless you've been arrested and convicted you cannot be a bad person, that's simply how the world works folks

Also just lol at trying to defend loving ben of all people over using slurs because 'everyone's doing it online!'

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Bootcha posted:

REMEMBER THE TIME WE POSTED FOOD RECIPES BECAUSE TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL STAR CITIZEN BULLSHIT WAS ACTUAL BULLSHIT WELL

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

I'm intrigued as to what Un-Natural ground bison would taste like.

Oh and a drunk person with a knife, chopping food, that will always end well.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Never forget DapperDon.

Shitposting and laughing at the error of others is truly comedy and hilarious, but this forum was a venue for the wisdom and kindness of DD. He was a gift that shouldn’t be lost or forgotten.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Good. that person really should not have a platform to spread their toxic bullshit on.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Patch after patch your dream life's a wreck
The Roberts you see just breathe down your neck
You get no respect, you get no relief
You gotta peace out and yell out your piece
So back off your dreams
Back off your camera
I'm sick of refactoring to stay alive
Leave me alone, I'm not asking a lot
I just don't want to be Ortwin'ed
That's all I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant
All I waaaaaaaaaaaaaant

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Knife work done, all 25 fingers toes and important bits accounted for.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Solarin posted:

Good. that person really should not have a platform to spread their toxic bullshit on.

As far as I can tell he's still tweeting:

Also in 300, weren't the shirtless greeks the good guys?

I don't know how they let this one slide-

"eradicate the leftists" seems a little extreme even for twitter...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Bootcha posted:

Patch after patch your dream life's a wreck
The Roberts you see just breathe down your neck
You get no respect, you get no relief
You gotta peace out and yell out your piece
So back off your dreams
Back off your camera
I'm sick of refactoring to stay alive
Leave me alone, I'm not asking a lot
I just don't want to be Ortwin'ed
That's all I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant
All I waaaaaaaaaaaaaant

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Knife work done, all 25 fingers toes and important bits accounted for.

If you cook food on the thread you should share... :colbert:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate posted:

If you ever need a video to sum up star citizen, I think this might be it

:reddit: Watch out for those black holes around Hurston

https://v.redd.it/l6eaeioxpj751/DASH_480

Had to:

(sound on)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Torquemada posted:

I skimmed it. As a player of the rpg in the early 90’s, and someone who respects the work CDPR put into the Witcher series, I was really looking forward to this game. Not that impressed, honestly. The driving, especially in the desert scene, looked really weightless and floaty, some of the voice work iffy, and the combat scene with the head coming off made me laugh involuntarily, it looked ridiculous.
All the bits that looked or sounded great should look and sound great anyway, for a company with their talent, cashflow and five years of development time.
I know it’s not ready until November, but the last reaction I thought I’d have is “Eh, I’ll see how it looks in a few months.”

Same. I'll get it, and it will probably be very good, but it wasn't mind blowing. I thought the streets and nightclubs looked empty which was a pity: rear end creed and hitman do crowds fine.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 28, 2020

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Bootcha posted:

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

This is why I stashed by covid cupboard with tinned okra and jackfruit.

No way I’m raiding that poo poo until I have to...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
This is how the forums die.

With a delicious recipe.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

poo poo I literally just made chicken parm, I should have done a write up. Save us Bootcha, save us with your insane meat catastrophe

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

poo poo I literally just made chicken parm, I should have done a write up. Save us Bootcha, save us with your insane meat catastrophe

Insane Meat Catastrophe new band name, called it.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Parched, cracked mouths, empty swollen wallets
Sun-baked concept sale is so bollocks
Haves and have-nots fighting for attention
Brutally engaged in spending for a mention

Sixty in 2020
What kind of Dev orchestrates such a thing?
Sixty in 2020
One million players' logins suffering
Sixty in 2020
Truth is not an issue just hungry dreams to feed
Sixty in 2020
Forget what you want, scrounge for Calder money

Meat done and sided.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Parched, cracked mouths, empty swollen wallets
Sun-baked concept sale is so bollocks
Haves and have-nots fighting for attention
Brutally engaged in spending for a mention

Sixty in 2020
What kind of Dev orchestrates such a thing?
Sixty in 2020
One million players' logins suffering
Sixty in 2020
Truth is not an issue just hungry dreams to feed
Sixty in 2020
Forget what you want, scrounge for Calder money

Meat done and sided.

Good song, did you know the lead singer has a PhD?

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

That's exactly what I did tonight. Excellent taste, though mine paled in comparison to the procedural stuff I see in the mess hall on board the UNN Fidelity.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The only goon recipe you ever need.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spaceship changes cause it's all the same
The pledge you make's the one you give away
It all just refactors again
Way down the line

There is a game that's never broken
You know the financials it's sad but true
A bear-ish man gets high and beats his devs
The same old way his favorite director did
What comes around well it PARPS around

Spaceship changes cause it's all the same
The pledge you make's the one you give away
It all just happens again
Way down the line

Trying out a little cocoa powder and cinnomon in the chili mix. Not much mind you, just a hint.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bootcha posted:

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Cholula sauce? You uncultured swine!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Despite that he saw blatant similarity
He promoted himself a distinctive moiety
All he found was tracing superficiality
But he focused it to sharpness
And shared it with the others
It signified his anger and salary

Ryan Archer
Photoshopping assets through a mire of disbelievers
Ryan Archer
Dire perpetuation and incongruous insistence
That there really is a value to
Hiring Ryan Archer

EVERYONE IN THE POOL

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I don't think Bootcha really knows how to make pavlova :(

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

chili with beans?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kosumo posted:

I don't think Bootcha really knows how to make pavlova :(

To be fair, neither do I. It’s loving impossible.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Automatons with future suits clinging postal boxes,
Attempting all the motions of daily life
Warbond free of care, they rejoice in log-in ritual
As they clip through hangar spaceship floors to their wishes in the sky

I don't ask questions, don't promote derelictions,
Don't look for conflicting data, don't stray from white-knight thinking
If I pierce the insanity I won't find salvation
From the panic and the truth