Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Gulping Again posted:

Pick's a gimmick poster who's gimmick is to make the thread uncomfortable and unpleasant to read in one form or another.

It's kind of like Mel Mudkiper's gimmick where he tells people they deserved being stalked and gets paid by the house of saud to post about how good the wrestling events there are.

Or like Cuntellectual's gimmick where she goes into transpeople's spaces and accuses them of being mentally ill perverts.

Or like Dare's gimmick where he's a paranoid moron who believes the entire internet is a Tribes forum that doesn't exist anymore gangstalking him and also a rapist.

Or like Burt Sexual's gimmick where he plays hatchet man for the site owner who physically abuses everyone who spends more than an hour in his presence.

Not an empty quote. All these people should have been perma’d years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Everybody post their gimmick.

I'm a boring half lurker

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

It's not a gimmick but I'm getting hosed

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Gulping Again posted:

Pick's a gimmick poster who's gimmick is to make the thread uncomfortable and unpleasant to read in one form or another.

It's kind of like Mel Mudkiper's gimmick where he tells people they deserved being stalked and gets paid by the house of saud to post about how good the wrestling events there are.

Or like Cuntellectual's gimmick where she goes into transpeople's spaces and accuses them of being mentally ill perverts.

Or like Dare's gimmick where he's a paranoid moron who believes the entire internet is a Tribes forum that doesn't exist anymore gangstalking him and also a rapist.

Or like Burt Sexual's gimmick where he plays hatchet man for the site owner who physically abuses everyone who spends more than an hour in his presence.

*speaks loudly, slowly, and clearly into nowhere in particular*

I AM REAL GOOD AT USING MY AMERICAN DIALECT TO INFLUENCE OPINIONS OF BOTH PEOPLE I INTERACT WITH IN PERSON, AND ALSO ONLINE. I AM WELL VERSED IN THE COMMERCE OF BUSINESS, AND ENJOY MAKING DEALS.

Not that I have a price or anything, but I'm sure setting me and my family up for generations to come would be a rounding error on their books, as I am a Goon of modest means

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Just woke up, is Burt perma banned yet?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

I like to intentionally misspell Garfield. It rarely comes up because I never post in the garfimbled eats thread.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Not an empty quote. All these people should have been perma’d years ago

Dare's been permabanned something like fifty times because he keeps making new accounts and making whoever was dumb enough to give him a credit or debit card do a chargeback. He reappears intermittently and drops a series of incoherent slurs in a thread he apparently picks at random.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

i'm one of the dumbest people on the forum and i've never stopped posting ever

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

I lurked for 11 years until I made an effort post in the Taco Bell thread and then in another GBS thread a different Goon gave me an avatar because he was actively making poor decisions with money (his words) while also having really good taste in avatars.

Then I started posting cautiously.

Then all this poo poo happened.

Now I post boldly, and with no regrets.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

im a Content Creator minus the content

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

I bet if you patiently explain to that cat that cheese is made of milk, they will see things differently next time!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Have you guys talked about guinea worms yet

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Zarin posted:

I lurked for 11 years until I made an effort post in the Taco Bell thread and then in another GBS thread a different Goon gave me an avatar because he was actively making poor decisions with money (his words) while also having really good taste in avatars.

Yeah, this thread is ruining my slow groove too.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zarin posted:

Grats on your posting balls finally dropping

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

I like to make fresh, farm-to-table, artisinal photoshops.

Also I often post photoshops I know will earn me a probe because whatever, gotta be free.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Forums posting is my last resort of entertainment is my confession.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Tafferling posted:

On drugs.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
The only funny bit Lowtax ever had was getting so pissed off about Dare registering forty accounts and charging every single one of them back that he called Dare's parents to complain.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

I'm a centrist that doesn't break the rules and it drives people loving insane

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I like to make fresh, farm-to-table, artisinal photoshops.

Also I often post photoshops I know will earn me a probe because whatever, gotta be free.

now is a good time to post photoshops and not get probated, come join us

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zarin posted:

I bet if you patiently explain to that cat that cheese is made of milk, they will see things differently next time!

My roommate has a cat that loving loves cheese. I put some spray cheese on my finger for her, I thought she was going to lose a fingat.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Gulping Again posted:

EDIT: Since the last time I checked, another ten people have put Pick on their ignore list, bringing the number to 713, good for 17th place on the most ignored users leaderboard.

12 more until she reaches 16th place, which is actually 12th place because the top three accounts are some sort of gimmick and Happyelf is on there twice.

LMAO this post makes you seem like you have a dartboard in your room with fresh posts taped to it, but the dartboard is unscuffed and the wall surrounding it is covered in holes from all the screwdrivers and pencils and poo poo you have hucked at it.

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

I post in earnest about the dumbest and least sincere topics with long-form anecdotes about my life, and I post truncated meme responses about serious, high-effort topics with lots of emotional baggage.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 28, 2020

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

DickParasite posted:

Grats on your posting balls finally dropping

Thanks!

It's funny how much a $10 entry fee can make you play cautiously when it's something that you think "shouldn't" cost anything to begin with!

. . . . . . and suddenly I understand why the concept of "cover" at bars and clubs are a thing. Huh.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm a sentient fart

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
This thread moves fast. What did Burt do?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Didn't Pick tell that dude getting beaten by his mom to consider her point of view or something.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zarin posted:

Thanks!

It's funny how much a $10 entry fee can make you play cautiously when it's something that you think "shouldn't" cost anything to begin with!

. . . . . . and suddenly I understand why the concept of "cover" at bars and clubs are a thing. Huh.

Took me a long time to come out of my shell too :)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate has a cat that loving loves cheese. I put some spray cheese on my finger for her, I thought she was going to lose a fingat.

I've literally never had a pet of any species that didnt love cheese

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Iron Crowned posted:

I have a cat that loves pizza more than I do. She's the bully of the house, but drat if she isn't adorable when she's trying to figure out how to steal a slice of pizza (either by approaching the chair from above, or going for the whole box when she thinks nobody is looking)

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
PERMA BURT
PERMA LOLTAX
DETHRONE REENE

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Didn't Pick tell that dude getting beaten by his mom to consider her point of view or something.

Something like "getting angry and hitting your partner is no big deal, people get angry all the time and getting hit once or twice isn't something to cry about, just suck it up and move on"

Or this gem

Pick posted:

We have evidence that Biden did something that made her uncomfortable, the exact nature of it hasn't been made clear given what is currently available in the Larry King call or contemporaneous documents.

All of what we know would also be consistent with him having kissed her, and should have been reported the same way, and should have been actionable, but I've been kissed without consent by someone I worked with (not where I am currently!) and it's not that uncommon though it should be taken much more seriously.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pick posted:

I honestly don’t think one slap is that big of a deal, whether it’s a guy slapping woman or a woman slapping a guy, life is loving hard and terrible. If that’s the worst thing that ever happened in your marriage, that is pretty phenomenal. Where the gently caress did people’s standards come from.

It also makes me wonder if people feel the same way about those videos where somebody pranks the other partner or whatever and the partner and frustration slaps the other one or whatever. Like the one where the guy pretends that he accidentally dropped the toddler off of the balcony.

I really feel like a lot of people who post here have never really been that frustrated or that passionate about anything really that involved. The absolutism is incredible. Particularly it makes me wonder if any of these people of been parents, kids are one of those things it’s really easy to be virtue signally about until you have one.

Not to mention absolutism is a great way to hand a tool to manipulative people. There are definitely men and women who try to goad their partners into taking actions that now socially guarantee that they can be "the afflicted". Abuse discourse is really garbage these days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pentyne fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 28, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bismuth posted:

I've literally never had a pet of any species that didnt love cheese

My cat doesn't give a gently caress about people food unless it's lunch meat or canned fish/chicken. She'll curl up in my lap and I have to hold my plate up when I eat.

Then there's my roommate's other cat, he's just a ding-dong

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

James Woods posted:

Any of you old timers remember when Lowtax went all crazy with me over Goon Con 2007/2008? There used to be a group of organizers independent of forums management that would organize the event each year and when the time came to pick a new location we spitballed a bunch of locations around the country. I posited San Francisco because I'd just become manager and part owner of a bar and was willing to provide a discount to goons and had a group hotel discount arranged. We were well on our way to organizing the event when Lowtax stuck his head in and said Gooncon was going to be in bumfuck Missouri, 2 hours from thre airport at some fleabag motel 6 near his house. People resisted this and Lowtax spent a month having a hissy fit and gave me dozens of different red titles and avatars before finally canceling the thing altogether. I always knew he was an rear end in a top hat. I just didn't understand what as piece of poo poo he was until recently.

I seem to remember one of Lowtax's appearances in the past decade, people were asking him questions and I think he said gooncons were cancelled because the Las Vegas one was so bad and nobody wanted to do them anymore.

Then in this thread one of attendees of the Las Vegas con said it sucked because Lowtax promised a bunch of poo poo he was too lazy to provide and started whining about "Going bankrupt" because he didn't realize it would cost him money after the ticket sales.

Weird how an addict/abuser has a lifelong history of causing problems and blaming everyone else.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
On the other hand, Pick posted the Star Trek Tumblr thread so it's impossible to say whether she is good or bad??

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Iron Crowned posted:

My cat doesn't give a gently caress about people food unless it's lunch meat or canned fish/chicken. She'll curl up in my lap and I have to hold my plate up when I eat.

Then there's my roommate's other cat, he's just a ding-dong

Lucky, one of my cats will try to eat your food regardless of what it is, i'm pretty sure I could pour a bowl of pebbles and I'd catch her face down in them

gently caress, the stereotype about rats loving cheese is 100% accurate though, but its not their favorite.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

pentyne posted:

Something like "getting angry and hitting your partner is no big deal, people get angry all the time and getting hit once or twice isn't something to cry about, just suck it up and move on"

Or this gem

How do y'all keep track of all this? I probably spend an hour a day mindlessly browsing the forums on the shitter/in bed/during zoom meetings and I can barely recognise a half dozen regulars, much less keep track of what they say.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Tafferling posted:

I'm a boring half lurker

My gimmick is not having one and not really knowing what's going on

it's rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
Lowtax's spine is like the dust at the bottom of a bag of cereal, which doesn't bode well for when he's a mean old(er) drunk/pillhead and none of his kids will want anything to do with him and the mommy and daddy money train has finally run out for him.

pentyne posted:

Or this gem

Yeah of all the things to defend Biden against and also to ignore about Tara Reade (like her connections to weev, his connection to the WH and white supremacists, blah blah blah), Pick just wants to defend abuse and assault