Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Alec is such a cool guy. Not only is he married to Betty goddamn Boop, he finds time to do political activism with his wife, who is Betty Boop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Its a good thing there is an " Its ok to like a movie!" disclaimer in the start of the latest episode , because I think The Mummy still holds up fine . It is earnest and goofy in a way most modern blockbusters aren't .
And not to get into the " Mom, get in here!" territory but I have to disagree with the guys about the scene of Benny flipping through religious symbols and prayers untill he find one that saves his pathetic life - I think it is a smarter gag then you will usually find in this kind of films .

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

admataY posted:

Its a good thing there is an " Its ok to like a movie!" disclaimer in the start of the latest episode , because I think The Mummy still holds up fine . It is earnest and goofy in a way most modern blockbusters aren't .
And not to get into the " Mom, get in here!" territory but I have to disagree with the guys about the scene of Benny flipping through religious symbols and prayers untill he find one that saves his pathetic life - I think it is a smarter gag then you will usually find in this kind of films .

Totally agree. That scene is great, and he sells it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s even better cause it actually works instead of him getting eaten like most movies would.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I thought that was a solid gag, mainly because it ends with him actually saving his dumbass self when most movies like that would end it with him getting decapitated and all the necklaces falling around his head or something.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

if they arent familiar with john hannah they should watch spartacus

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shrek the Third episode officially marks the quarantine breaking point for our boys' sanity.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Rody One Half posted:

Shrek the Third episode officially marks the quarantine breaking point for our boys' sanity.

since the first shrek episode I’ve been thinking that this was the shrek movie that needed an episode

I was stuck on a flight to Japan with only this for in-flight entertainment; it can go to hell

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh you just wait for that loving fourth one

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shrek on krokodil had me dying. I was playing Tetris while listening and had to pause the game because I was laughing so hard.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Feety DOES make great movies though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo! A livestreamed commentary of Can't Hardly Wait this Saturday at 9pm Eastern. Not even Patreon-exclusive! :dance:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gotta say, never imagined a National reference in this show, despite it making perfect sense.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
BEAUTIFUL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiaSsRi6DNg

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I really hope someone records that livestream. There’s no way I’ll be able to watch along live.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Omg the Shrek the Third episode is insane. Shrek telling donkey to eat his rear end in a top hat happens in like the first fifteen minutes and it just keeps getting more batshit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rody One Half posted:

"I'm going to start my own podcast called Steve Hates Movies, without Chris Cabin!"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Why does Shrek sound like Gerard Butler?

Also LOL at everyone getting mad at Chris Cabin for committing them to doing the sequel and the spinoff :lol:

Trabandiumium posted:

if they arent familiar with john hannah they should watch spartacus

I kept literally yelling this at my car radio while they were talking about John Hannah. "He was Batiatus, goddamnit!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Why does Shrek sound like Gerard Butler?

Same reason Holly Hunter sounds like Gary Busey :v:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

AceOfFlames posted:

Gotta say, never imagined a National reference in this show, despite it making perfect sense.

they've definitely mentioned the national before. they're older white men, of course some of them would be into the national. its just the right amount disaffected, somber and rock"y" music to work for the crowd.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Was Amir their first guest for Melr0210? He was pretty good. He brings a very different energy than the WHM guys but he's still funny.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

DoubleCakes posted:

Was Amir their first guest for Melr0210? He was pretty good. He brings a very different energy than the WHM guys but he's still funny.

Steve's wife was on one, I think. The 90210 fashion show episode? Can't remember.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
kinda a random one but which episode did they talk about Pluto TV and what channels they've been watching? I just started using it and am trying to remember what they were saying was interesting.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Feel like they’ve been talking about it for a couple weeks on different shows.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I created a podcast discord, https://discord.gg/rTc2f7z Szyszka appreciation chat welcome

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 24, 2020

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Had an experience with the Shrek 3 episode. I thought I'd seen them all but an hour into it I realised I must have never seen this movie and just absorbed it somehow. Made for a wonderful experience frankly and I'm glad I didn't actually suffer through it.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The MelR0210 hiatus means we won’t be getting Linden “Johnny Cage” Ashby as Jo’s abusive ex-husband for a long time.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I wonder if they'll cover one episode of each show a week in a single episode, a la The Nexus.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
If you missed the Can't Hardly Wait stream last night, you missed Cabin greening out in real time.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The video is still on YouTube so you can watch it at your leisure.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Crazy that the boys predicted Trump building a giant spider

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

if anyone wants just a mp3 version of the Can't Hardly Wait commentary for easier syncability

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smrbu81nsq36s0d/01-WHM%20%E2%80%9CCan%E2%80%99t%20Hardly%20Wait%E2%80%9D%20Commentary%20Watch%20Party.mp3?dl=0

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Thanks!

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Current situation aside it's unfortunate how unlikely it is that I'll ever see the guys live with me here in the old UK. WHM has easily been the most constant source of entertainment for me for almost a decade at this point.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You never know, a lot of podcasts take international trips. Patreon could help with that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

You never know, a lot of podcasts take international trips. Patreon could help with that.

I have some bad news about the current state of international travel.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

mweber posted:

The MelR0210 hiatus means we won’t be getting Linden “Johnny Cage” Ashby as Jo’s abusive ex-husband for a long time.

Wait did I miss something? They’re not doing the side show anymore? When did they announce that?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

GPTribefan posted:

Wait did I miss something? They’re not doing the side show anymore? When did they announce that?

Within the last week. It was always meant to be a quarantine bonus show but they said somewhere down the road it will return via Patreon

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was looking forward to the Nightmare on Elm Street 3 live show last month, and then in September, but there's no way this poo poo will be over by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm getting a sensible chuckle every time they refer to Baal as Basket Case.