Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

taxes richard, taxes

the people need their money or the people will drop some peoples elbows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Slippery posted:

I don't think anyone is covering for him or circling any wagons. this forum is not only a second job for everyone but also a big unwieldy place. so it would make sense that new bosses have to take a moment or two in order to figure out what to do

and just as importantly how to message it

the new boss stands up for the first time in front of the people, they need to have their poo poo in one sock to tell the right story in the right way in order to drive the right consequences and all that poo poo

oh and also it's sunday lol

Slippery posted:

i am not good with irony sorry. I am trying to share that in real life experiences that relate to taking over the leadership of an organization, even when the predecessor was a dipshit, you don't want to come in guns-a-blazing and just slap the table for a ton of major changes immediately. you want to like have a coherent plan for the changes you will make and a timeline for implementing them

because you have a ton of folks in your unit that had nothing to do with whatever stupid poo poo happened before so you don't want to revamp everything top to bottom and gently caress up the things that were just fine. you want to be measured and steady with the changes you make

again that's just based on real life stuff. I am not trying to say the executive board of SA is on zoom talking 3rd quarter profits. just explaining that it is sunday and it takes time to do leadership properly

removing someone who covered up domestic violence isn't a table slapping drastic change, it doesn't take any deliberation and it is not an unclear subject. Something awful forums aren't a corporate office or whatever tortured analogy you are dragging out

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Slippery posted:

i am not good with irony sorry. I am trying to share that in real life experiences that relate to taking over the leadership of an organization, even when the predecessor was a dipshit, you don't want to come in guns-a-blazing and just slap the table for a ton of major changes immediately. you want to like have a coherent plan for the changes you will make and a timeline for implementing them

because you have a ton of folks in your unit that had nothing to do with whatever stupid poo poo happened before so you don't want to revamp everything top to bottom and gently caress up the things that were just fine. you want to be measured and steady with the changes you make

again that's just based on real life stuff. I am not trying to say the executive board of SA is on zoom talking 3rd quarter profits. just explaining that it is sunday and it takes time to do leadership properly

this is a online message board, with volunteer moderators that have done a very bad job being good people

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

removing someone who covered up domestic violence isn't a table slapping drastic change, it doesn't take any deliberation and it is not an unclear subject. Something awful forums aren't a corporate office or whatever tortured analogy you are dragging out

Gotta run my internet forums like a Fortune 500 company

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Stunt Rock posted:

here's a ceramic dildo carved like jesus next to a wooden dildo carved like a wizard that my wife found in an old lady's hoarder house

I seriously wonder if those were ever even meant to be used. Note that I say "meant to." I'm sure they were used.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and like, this is not a one off thing. This is a reoccurring problem with this website and its staff.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Ah yes. That old pro-tier professional business move.

New CEO: "I want to thank everyone for showing up to this board meeting. I know it's been a tumultuous transition with the ex-CEO being outed as a wife beater."
Board Member: "Can we talk about removing the CFO? They fired employees that tried to report the ex-CEOs abuse."
New CEO: "Well in a business deal what is important is time. To thoughtfully consider our actions. We can't hurt the company with too radical of changes yet. We must be cautious."
Board Member: "They retaliated against people trying to speak about this scandal. There is literally no reason to keep them and it's a big deal we aren't doing or saying anything about this. "
New CEO: "PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS TAKES TIME. Here at bonerfart forums we can't just make drastic moves like that with any less than a week of secret deliberations to thoughtfully consider the subject."

Unfair as it is it's possible that there's exonerating evidence or context that would make Renee and Burt's dismissal foolish. It's not likely, but it's possible and a sign of actual responsible leadership-- even over a "dead gay forum"-- to bear it out.

That said if there's no transparency about that during the transition, then yeah gently caress everything and burn it down it's a "new boss same as the old boss" situation.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

this is a online message board, with volunteer moderators that have done a very bad job being good people

oh gently caress off, they're perfectly decent people

they're just normal people under scrutiny, and every single person fails under the kind of scrutiny this website levels. that's why, ironically, the smart move is to never seek a leadership position here. you already had people making "jeffrey epstein of yospos" jokes as soon as they found out jeffrey exists even though they know nothing about him... probably a pedo though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

JakeP posted:

and like, this is not a one off thing. This is a reoccurring problem with this website and its staff.

Selecting moderators based on how funny they are is an extremely bad way to vet leadership, who could've seen this coming

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

JakeP posted:

lol, I honestly cannot tell who is serious and who is joking any more

You are my least favorite poster on this site.

Congrats, you will like that I'm sure. I'm not minimizing what is happening; its horrific, but your grinding negativity in every single post ever is so tiresome.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

i dont think jeffrey needs to contact an hr department before permabanning burt and demodding reene

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
or like calling burt a incestuous child sex abuser for... *squints eyes* having a family

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Pick posted:

they're just normal people under scrutiny, and every single person fails under the kind of scrutiny this website levels. that's why, ironically, the smart move is to never seek a leadership position here. you already had people making "jeffrey epstein of yospos" jokes as soon as they found out jeffrey exists even though they know nothing about him... probably a pedo though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sure the good mods were waiting to take down the few bad apples.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Pick posted:

I hope no one discovers my personality flaw.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Sorry that I am calling out your buddies for what they obviously are.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Unfair as it is it's possible that there's exonerating evidence or context that would make Renee and Burt's dismissal foolish. It's not likely, but it's possible and a sign of actual responsible leadership-- even over a "dead gay forum"-- to bear it out.

That said if there's no transparency about that during the transition, then yeah gently caress everything and burn it down it's a "new boss same as the old boss" situation.

They lose nothing from being removed from their positions. It's not like their livelihoods are on the line here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'd say "how do you manage to deal with your coworkers if you lock up with delusions that someone is a rapist as soon as they mention they have kids" but then the answer dawned on me

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Pick posted:

or like calling burt a incestuous child sex abuser for... *squints eyes* having a family

that's a strange person to want to defend but ok pick

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Goddamn you're an abusive rear end in a top hat. You do realize that right?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spinz posted:

You are my least favorite poster on this site.

Congrats, you will like that I'm sure. I'm not minimizing what is happening; its horrific, but your grinding negativity in every single post ever is so tiresome.

Thats fine. I will probably be gone again when this is all over.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zer0spunk posted:

that's a strange person to want to defend but ok pick

I hated Burt and Burt hated me, but that's personal. Nothing suggests he was a "bad person" or that he committed any crimes of any kind. That's where you idiots go off the deep end.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

they're just normal people under scrutiny, and every single person fails under the kind of scrutiny this website levels.

i feel like not everyone would have been aggressively removing police reports and banning people talking about lowtax's abuse. Given the power to intervene i'm going to say a few people might have not taken sides against the woman hiding in a domestic violence shelter with her children.

Maybe i'm just crazy and this is just one of those Atlas moments a mere mortal can not understand. The burden of reading words as a hobby is just so strong it makes people spontaneously enable wifebeaters.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pick posted:

gently caress off Pick

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Pick posted:

I hated Burt and Burt hated me, but that's personal. Nothing suggests he was a "bad person" or that he committed any crimes of any kind. That's where you idiots go off the deep end.

id say covering up for someone's abuse (see: the OP of this thread?) so they were able to do it yet again is pretty bad

but please continue your dumb diatribe for some reason

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

cock hero flux posted:

we've really lowered our standards down to "don't be a pedophile and don't beat women" but apparently that's still too high a bar

Stex T posted:

Are we sure SA is a comedy internet forum and not a college football team?

I have some bad news for you about comedians.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
gently caress lowtax.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
literally tumblr is where I go to get away from this kind of absurd delusional drama-mongering poo poo which tells you a lot lmao

those naruto fans can read this poo poo like a book

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pick posted:

if only you had shown this much rage and indignation when Lowtax was accused of beating his wife

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m certain that Pick is or has covered for abuse in the past and is just projecting.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

gently caress lowtax.

finally someone says what we're all thinking

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pick posted:

tumblr

who ever could have guessed

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

JakeP posted:

Thats fine. I will probably be gone again when this is all over.

Ok ty.

Separately
Re the inaction: ITS BEEN WHAT 3 DAYS

I would think replacements should be carefully vetted and lined up before you turn over all the mods and admins??

It may very well be a good idea to start fresh but jc

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
reminder that Burt covered up of Lowtax abuse, and when found out he didn't even apologise and self banned like a loving coward

reminder that he has only been banned, which is basically a slap on the wrist

perma ban Burt

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Does Jeffrey even own the site yet?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

I'm happy to go back to not posting about myself, if you people can keep it in your pants

Pick posted:

literally tumblr is where I go to get away from this kind of absurd delusional drama-mongering poo poo which tells you a lot lmao

if we are back at the part of the cycle where pick shits up a thread making about herself then we can move on to everyone making GBS threads on her before people show up to claim we are the ones who won't stop talking about pick.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Breadallelogram posted:

no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Breadallelogram posted:

no, it's been like three days, a timeline businesses are not sold in

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spinz posted:

Ok ty.

Separately
Re the inaction: ITS BEEN WHAT 3 DAYS

I would think replacements should be carefully vetted and lined up before you turn over all the mods and admins??

It may very well be a good idea to start fresh but jc

There doesn't need to be a replacement. Just get rid of Reene and deal with the replacement later.

Its not like Reene actually does anything around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Breadallelogram posted:

They lose nothing from being removed from their positions. It's not like their livelihoods are on the line here.

I actually do agree if we're making this a "bottom line" discussion. A good signal for actual sea change in SA culture would be to tell those two to gently caress off, but that's almost certainly not how it looks from an organizational perspective.

Like it or not they were the idiots insane enough to want to moderate this cesspool and like it or not they were effective enough to last a good long while. Those are empirical facts, not judgments either way. Creating a vacuum, however small, in their absence could easily be the "one thing too many" to manage, and in case you haven't noticed keeping them around is pretty effective boar bait for keeping the angry users distracted and busy. Better to keep them on, assess the situation while the actual ownership is still up in the air, and hopefully oust them when the time is right.