Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yes, unless the transcend is within about 5 seconds of reincarnation, in which case, jiggle the timers until it isn't. You get offerings each transcend, so it's way better.

Testing right now but it looks like you want to do your offering timer against reincarnation:

At 1842 seconds:

Transcendence: 2.5k offerings
Reincarnation: 11k offerings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Virigoth posted:

Testing right now but it looks like you want to do your offering timer against reincarnation:

At 1842 seconds:

Transcendence: 2.5k offerings
Reincarnation: 11k offerings

Reincarnation offering is transcendence amount + reincarnation gain amount - ie. if you transcend it removes its amount from reincarnation amount and starts ticking up again. The reason you'd do your timer off transcendence is because reincarnations want to run longer for obtainium and now ants so it will be well past the optimal time for offerings while transcendence would then be back only ticking through optimal gain.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rynoto posted:

Reincarnation offering is transcendence amount + reincarnation gain amount - ie. if you transcend it removes its amount from reincarnation amount and starts ticking up again. The reason you'd do your timer off transcendence is because reincarnations want to run longer for obtainium and now ants so it will be well past the optimal time for offerings while transcendence would then be back only ticking through optimal gain.

Yeah, if you have all of the things that boost offering time and a high enough SI things settle into a 2201 second transcendence period and a 4400 second reincarnation period.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Can someone point out any holes in my synergism strat right now?

Research wise I have all top rowdone but 1-19, all but 2-19 and 2-20 in second row, and I have 3-16, 3-20, and 4-16 done

I'm working on capping off 2-20 right now

My rune levels are 551/526/347/505/139

I just don't see how i will ever do No Runes challenge ever when I'm e85M coins in normal runs

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Chin Strap posted:

Can someone point out any holes in my synergism strat right now?

Research wise I have all top rowdone but 1-19, all but 2-19 and 2-20 in second row, and I have 3-16, 3-20, and 4-16 done

I'm working on capping off 2-20 right now

My rune levels are 551/526/347/505/139

I just don't see how i will ever do No Runes challenge ever when I'm e85M coins in normal runs

Anthill is most likely going to be the solution to No Runes with its tax reduction ant and other bonuses so :shrug: I've just been pumping SI hard and doing 3-hour reincarnations so ants have a full hour of max speed growth. Doubt No Runes will be done legitimately for a while.
You should definitely pick up 5-19 though for the +2 quarks per hour. And 4-20 to help push your offering gain along.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 26, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yeah ants are what let you push challenges and particles, so anything that helps them.

The expensive research section you should be going as hard on anything that gives you obtanium, rune exp, or SI effectiveness. Dump into SI for more obtanium/ants and ride the research train while your ants do they thing

seconding the +2 quark research, it massively helps getting shop upgrades, and the new ant one is primo.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I realmed in idle wizard

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Syngergism: So I decided to test it and the scaling from time on ant gain caps at +100% after two hours. The actual scaling to that point seems linear. *Requires the e20 crumbs achievement

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Its a full week now since all my ROCK LOBSTER gear hit level 100, except Pet Rock which was level 92.
Pet Rock is STILL level 92.

RNG is a fickle bitch.

EDIT: Whining helps, the 2 lobster kills after my whine both gave me a Pet Rock

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 27, 2020

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i've just got myself the fully boosted set of Numerical gear from Meta Land in NGU, and was wondering if at this point there's any Evil challenges i should be able to tick off easily enough?

I've got enough energy/number to reach the Typo Zonw, but can't even idle in Inter-dimensional Party yet because my adventure stats are still too low.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do that'll give me a nice boost or if i should just wait until after I've beaten the next titan before going back to them?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I assume you've already done all Basics? If not, that's the highest priority. The first Troll for the acc too. While you're there, do some NRCs to get the Godmother to 1h for when you unlock her, and try to push some No NGUs. Those aren't ever fast but they are probably the best bonus you'll get. I think 3 completions was around what you could reasonably get at that point but ymmv.

No TMs aren't bad, and much easier than in Normal since you already start with the Chocolate Zone unlocked, 100lvl and NoAugs are kinda recursive since their bonus are mostly useful for challenge completions themselves.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
First time! :)

Can I stop now :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is there an activate all yggdrasils button that i'm missing. harvest all is nice but having to click all the activations...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
You missed the auto activation in the Exp menu but now I really want to know how long you've been manually activating your fruits

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

does this still work if i have all my energy and magic tied up

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm still in normal difficutly because i play so infrequently

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aurora posted:

does this still work if i have all my energy and magic tied up

Yes. I refused to buy a new fruit if I couldn't auto-activate it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
You only need to clear the requirement to buy the autoactivation once - 10x the amount of Energy or Magic to manually grow - which you can cheat by equipping gear with +Cap bonus. After that, the fruits will grow without draining your resources. Since you're already on multiple manuals, I guess at least the first three are already doable, and maybe you can reach a little bit further and get that sweet Pom.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm at 500m E/180m M atm

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
oof

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Yes. I refused to buy a new fruit if I couldn't auto-activate it.

same, i only bother with fruits if i can auto-activate at this point

fruit auto-activation reqs are all here https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/Experience#Yggdrasil

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
For some reason I keep pressing the all fruits>1 button in stead of the max tier button. And now you will too.

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

I'm slowly flailing my way up NGU. I am Vooze in the discord.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Question for the maxxed out Rock Lobster people: What's your PP/kill and XP/fruit? I'm curious how much actual stat growth is left in the game, or if all these sad perks etc are just going to be stretching progress milestones that used to take days and now take weeks even further into the month range.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Francis posted:

Question for the maxxed out Rock Lobster people: What's your PP/kill and XP/fruit? I'm curious how much actual stat growth is left in the game, or if all these sad perks etc are just going to be stretching progress milestones that used to take days and now take weeks even further into the month range.

200ish/kill and no idea on the fruit. 10b or so?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jesus christ I just finished grinding out all the west world gear and used the optimizer to add that and V1 IT HUNGERS gear at various levels into my Wishes build and all the sudden my E/M caps are so high that it's going to take 14 days with bars to max it out. Did this just sneak up on me and I haven't been upgrading my bars enough or does this gear just have that much more cap than the back to school gear?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

explosivo posted:

Jesus christ I just finished grinding out all the west world gear and used the optimizer to add that and V1 IT HUNGERS gear at various levels into my Wishes build and all the sudden my E/M caps are so high that it's going to take 14 days with bars to max it out. Did this just sneak up on me and I haven't been upgrading my bars enough or does this gear just have that much more cap than the back to school gear?

around there all the bars are on the chest, and if you wearing beuc that's why.

personally I keep my bars equal to my power and I've never had issues

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Eldercain posted:

200ish/kill and no idea on the fruit. 10b or so?

200ish or 2000ish? Because 200 is way too low end-game. I'm getting around 2600 with little blue pills, 1300 without.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

200ish or 2000ish? Because 200 is way too low end-game. I'm getting around 2600 with little blue pills, 1300 without.

200ish. just finished rock lobster gear, my guess is you have way better r3 than me

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Eldercain posted:

200ish. just finished rock lobster gear, my guess is you have way better r3 than me

I just finished the 70s zone and I get around 160, so I'm going to be closer to your perk point generation when I catch up than New Yorp's. My guess is some players having a huuuuuge exp lead to give them a leg up on the hacks and NGUs at this point.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Manyorcas posted:

I just finished the 70s zone and I get around 160, so I'm going to be closer to your perk point generation when I catch up than New Yorp's. My guess is some players having a huuuuuge exp lead to give them a leg up on the hacks and NGUs at this point.

yeah I'm always just tickling endgame when content hits, iirc he's been way ahead most of the game

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eldercain posted:

around there all the bars are on the chest, and if you wearing beuc that's why.

personally I keep my bars equal to my power and I've never had issues

OH poo poo you're right, it totally was BEUC. I had that on before and didn't have this problem, is it because the new gear just has that much more cap then I guess?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

explosivo posted:

OH poo poo you're right, it totally was BEUC. I had that on before and didn't have this problem, is it because the new gear just has that much more cap then I guess?

actually em cap stops showing up shortly after, just a coincidence and beuc is so good you end up having this awkward gearing stage. just throw on a bars accessory and you'll be fine

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

People talk about having gear sets for hacks or wishes - me, my only gear sets are everything and bars.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Francis posted:

800 pp/kill and 11e9 xp from fruit (and about 7e9 per day from ITOPOD?)

explosivo posted:

I max my EM in about 9 minutes in NGU set and 15ish in wishes or hacks set. The trick when using the gear optimizer is to let it use 1 less accessory slot than your max, then put the best EM BARS item in that slot afterwards. That item is probably the tentacle.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 30, 2020

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

In the gear optimizer you can lock items in a set instead of leaving it blank if you want

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're really minmaxing you can put on your bars accessory for the first 10 minutes of a rebirth and then swap it out for the "real" item at the same time you're assigning all your stuff. You probably have at least one accessory that doesn't give any caps.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Jabor posted:

If you're really minmaxing you can put on your bars accessory for the first 10 minutes of a rebirth and then swap it out for the "real" item at the same time you're assigning all your stuff. You probably have at least one accessory that doesn't give any caps.

ring of greed which I assume everyone runs in every set

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Popping in after like a year or something. Any new hotness? I played the gently caress out of NGU until I lost my year old save file and didn't feel like starting over.

Any new neat stuff to check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Popping in after like a year or something. Any new hotness? I played the gently caress out of NGU until I lost my year old save file and didn't feel like starting over.

Any new neat stuff to check out?

Synergism is a lot of fun. It starts out with a lot hidden and gradually unrolls a ton of features and prestige layers. The developer is fairly active, although he tends to favor big content updates every month or so. The good news is, one just came out a few days ago so there's plenty to keep you occupied. It wavers back and forth between being fairly interactive and fairly "wait for the next milestone"-y, but there's a nice balance there.

https://game320578.konggames.com/gamez/0032/0578/live/index.html?kongregate_game_version=1590487282&kongregate_host=www.kongregate.com

Incremental Adventures was in this thread a while ago, but it's gotten more refined and has more long-term gameplay. It quickly reaches a point where you interact with it relatively infrequently, but I'm enjoying playing through it right now.

https://game310893.konggames.com/gamez/0031/0893/live/kong-index.html?kongregate_game_version=1591784604&kongregate_host=www.kongregate.com