Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So we can both agree it was not an arbitrary sixer, you are trying to establish a tone of what level of criticism is acceptable for you and the rest of the star-havers?

it was a sixer for being dickish about people not immediately agreeïng w him

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CSPAM must be protected, not policed.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Asema posted:

It's unrealistic for unpaid positions.

I've seen Community Managers and Service Managers take way more poo poo and that was in a professional setting and still make good decisions and de-escalate appropriately. But those are paid salary jobs.

not to mention they have the backing of their bosses, company and employment laws. I don't think any of that has ever been a thing here lol

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

not to mention they have the backing of their bosses, company and employment laws. I don't think any of that has ever been a thing here lol

then what are we paying lowtax for?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Squizzle posted:

that's one hell of a D&D-rear end probe reason

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Squizzle posted:

He didn't even call them a loving name. It was self-righteous sure but it's 100% the same tone that scrub has been posting at me about and he went unpunished. Compare:

Yinlock posted:

the fact that you two just can't seem to wrap your heads around people having a problem with abuse of power makes me wonder why you even came to c-spam in the first place

exmarx posted:

i think they're a miserable poster loudly crying out that the website isn’t burning down as quickly or as brightly as they want

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

actual question why are you still here if you find everything about this website and the people who run it so detestable and irredeemable? do you genuinely think that there’s going to be a massive restructuring where mods and admins no longer exist and all internet power structures have been flattened? are you waiting for something better to happen here or are you just a miserable poster loudly crying out that the website isn’t burning down as quickly or as brightly as you want?

It's the same goddamn tone, I'd argue the bottom two are easily more directly insulting/dickish
the difference is one had content you disagree with and the other two you do agree with

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

imagine being terrified of yinlock

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Giga Gaia posted:

then what are we paying lowtax for?

alimony and child support

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

can't remove the sixer, so hand out two more.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
*tear rolling down my cheek as my finger hovers over the probe button* I'm sorry... but you were just t-too... indecorous...

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
dont six my rap hole mods

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i have a compromise: we all agree that Squizzle was being a cranky baby for a minute but let's not cancel him

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

yet he who has never shitpost in cspam cast the first dick

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

oxsnard posted:

i have a compromise: we all agree that Squizzle was being a cranky baby for a minute but let's not cancel him

oh no nothing like that, just that hey the sixer literally can't be removed, its not a big deal so just hand out a couple more to the pointed out posts.

Giga Gaia posted:

wow that sfucked up. i hope that guy hasnt done anything worse

I think he's currently getting help from the Missouri State Police.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

alimony and child support

wow that sfucked up. i hope that guy hasnt done anything worse

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Anyone who complains about a six hour probe is as much of a cop as any mod or admin, hth

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
^^ nah

Squizzle posted:

lol

and this is how I find out brugroffil is a mod now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Squizzle posted:

:getin:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

imagine being terrified of yinlock

i'm frightened of all canadians ever since baloogan

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oxsnard posted:

Or he can wear his Susan Collins av for being so very concerned

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

how was the return on your ad spending, curiously?

I was able to save enough to put a down payment on a house, but I ended up shutting it down when I had a kid. Overall though, I got my first real job out of college by focusing solely on the business in the interview. I do miss helping people, but YNAB was better anyways (lol not anymore)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I wonder how much money is owed to front page writers who were never paid for their work

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Or he can wear his Susan Collins av for being so very concerned

Holy poo poo dude, LMFAO! 5 just 5

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hope fluffdaddy gets the boot next

granted he'd probably just lick it

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lmao

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Dreylad posted:

Warning. Incoming Moderator. Warning. Incoming Moderator.

lol

Do you remember that or am I crazy? I remember at one point a few years ago, during one of those periods where he had his dosages juuuuuust right, he stickied something about how Something Awful was going to have a video game style interface where you could level up your pwnage skill or whatever, climb the oobie og hou thread and build a little house at the summit and I was like son you are the craziest middle aged online person I currently know, and I'm on facebook with my mom.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hope fluffdaddy gets the boot next

granted he'd probably just lick it

lol he'll be the last to go, he's the one willing to go out there and play tough guy against those mean ol' posters

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Holy moly the Burt and Renee thread in the informal collaborators forum was insane.avs showing up and dropping truth bombs and wild paranoia.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

mysterious frankie posted:

lol

Do you remember that or am I crazy? I remember at one point a few years ago, during one of those periods where he had his dosages juuuuuust right, he stickied something about how Something Awful was going to have a video game style interface where you could level up your pwnage skill or whatever, climb the oobie og hou thread and build a little house at the summit and I was like son you are the craziest middle aged online person I currently know, and I'm on facebook with my mom.

i do not remember that at all, but I didn't really pay attention to the forums from about the time just after LF closed till late 2015.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

lol he'll be the last to go, he's the one willing to go out there and play tough guy against those mean ol' posters

he plays the designated role of ‘bad cop’ so the other mods can look more reasonable in comparison

ya he’s also the supreme authority in TMNR, why do you ask

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Dreylad posted:

i do not remember that at all, but I didn't really pay attention to the forums from about the time just after LF closed till late 2015.

If anyone remembers it please chime in. I can't remember the year exactly, but I swear it was sorta around the time he wanted to make Something Awful branded beer? Does anyone remember that even?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If anyone remembers it please chime in. I can't remember the year exactly, but I swear it was sorta around the time he wanted to make Something Awful branded beer? Does anyone remember that even?

The last thing I remember was him saying he was going to make an SA app and it was going to be better than Awfulapp and on and on, and then his posts trailed off into the distance.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wasnt it around the same time as the spaceships no one got

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah vaguely, and I think it actually saw a short production. I also remember when Lowtax rented out property in a strip mall and SA had an actual IRL storefront

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm going to track baloogan down in his cabin, bring him back and have him run the joint

prepare for suffering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazUZz3K6IY

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm going to track baloogan down in his cabin, bring him back and have him ruin the joint

prepare for suffering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazUZz3K6IY

i do miss the sewer posts but probably not the drunken racism

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

shyduck posted:

Yeah vaguely, and I think it actually saw a short production. I also remember when Lowtax rented out property in a strip mall and SA had an actual IRL storefront

lol imagining someone driving to the physical SA building to air their forums grievances

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lol imagining someone driving to the physical SA building to air their forums grievances

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

i do miss the sewer posts but probably not the drunken racism
on the other hand, he could be used for other purposes, like if you get probed, to get unprobed you have to fight your way past him in a sewer-themed battle arena