Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you ______ the things that are going on
This poll is closed.
recognize 17 18.89%
acknowledge 33 36.67%
see 15 16.67%
view 25 27.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Better Than You posted:

It's gotta be Tim Couch

I was thinking this but at least they got some service out of Couch. He did manage to win 22 games compared to the 2 for JFF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’ll never not laugh at the story that some homeless man told the Browns to draft Johnny Football

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i hate you all

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Tim Couch was the #1 overall pick by an expansion team thrown into the toughest division in football at that time. The whole team was garbage for those first few years, but Couch showed some occasional promise with a few Hail Mary's, managing to be not a complete tire fire for 5 years before the injuries finished him. If he's drafted by any other established team, he probably has a solid if unspectacular career.

Weeden and Manziel were drafted later, both 22nd overall two seasons apart, but Weeden was a 28 year old rookie who... had an okay arm? I honestly forget what his appeal was pre-draft. Manziel was a tire fire that a lot of people saw exactly what was coming.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean Jameis is only making 1.1 million so you could use that stat with a lot of people.

Fair, but then remember how much Sam Bradford made to be on the IR...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

The whole team is garbage

Fixed

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

True, but to be fair, Couch started the majority of the 2002 season, going 8-6 in the only season the Browns have made the playoffs since they came back before he got hurt and we got the Kelly Holcomb Experience.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh god just imagine Cam on the stage at mid field hoisting the Lombardi in a Pats uniform.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sourdough posted:

Good evidences that teams are dumb as poo poo next time someone argues they're not

I see no problem with this, the problem is they haven't allowed Chase to play!

so yeah.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FizFashizzle posted:

i hate you all

Your hate sustains me.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
This Cam news has me conflicted. I wanted the Pats to go 7-9 and just spin their tires as punishment for Brady... but I don't know if I want that to happen if Cam Newton is at the helm. I mean, I think he's decent (though I guess we'll see) but also I don't want to hear the crypto calls into local radio trying to conceal their loving racism.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

“So Cam, comeback player of the year and now Super Bowl MVP, what do you have to say about your remarkable journey to this point?”

“Well like I’ve always said to my family. I may have been drafted by the Carolina Panthers but in my heart I’ve always been a New England Patriot”

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“So Cam, comeback player of the year and now Super Bowl MVP, what do you have to say about your remarkable journey to this point?”

“Well like I’ve always said to my family. I may have been drafted by the Carolina Panthers but in my heart I’ve always been a New England Patriot”

Yes more of this please.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

no, less

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Patriots go 10-6, narrowly winning the AFC East again, with Cam going 8-4 as starter having some ups and downs but not terrible. The lose in the Wild Card round to... let's say the Chargers. New England lets Cam go for a sweet, sweet comp pick and he signs with the Bears where he's promptly broken again because Bears, while the Patriots sign Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2021, thus completing FitzMagic's tour of the AFC East. Meanwhile, Brady is bad in Tampa, gets benched for Blaine Gabbert when his arm fails, and then gets suspended for PEDs.

jk we ain't getting a full season

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Magnetic North posted:

This Cam news has me conflicted. I wanted the Pats to go 7-9 and just spin their tires as punishment for Brady... but I don't know if I want that to happen if Cam Newton is at the helm. I mean, I think he's decent (though I guess we'll see) but also I don't want to hear the crypto calls into local radio trying to conceal their loving racism.

The ideal is Cam winning games but the team losing out for reasons that aren't his fault.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Cam is 31 years old we can have 12 more years of this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GD_American posted:

Not unless he reinvents himself as a pocket passer. Given his shoulder... probably not.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

i hate you all

lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:staredog:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GD_American posted:

He has serious injury questions that no one has seen resolved yet.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Cam Newton swears off strawberries, leads Patriots to 6 consecutive super bowl wins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cam is a dope

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
See?? I told you!! You got this news before it even came out :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...B165Y7l?ocid=sf

quote:

The Ravens aren’t yet roosting at M&T Bank Stadium, but the ravens are. Two of the team’s feathered namesakes have been seen perched atop a light tower there

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 29, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That Cam press conference was not his finest hour.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Unironically Lost Season

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1277738323340034051?s=19

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Cam has always been an rear end in a top hat people have just chosen to criticize him because he's black and not for being a goddamned maniac

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want the Patriots to beat the Panthers and eliminate them from the Playoffs late in the season. Then the Patriots get crushed by KC.

EDIT: Or the Titans

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

Unironically Lost Season

The season will start.

The season will not finish.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Honestly, I think Tom Brady deserves one more ring. But just one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

:hmmyes:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

wandler20 posted:

The one accompanying a certain famous distended rear end in a top hat maybe

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

wandler20 posted:

You're a monster

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, they really should've beaten Philly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That strip sack was an all timer

He was def going to score but for that

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wandler20 posted:

touchdown tom making the 4th quarter comeback against cam newton's Patriots is the superbowl ending the 2020 season deserves

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

The season will start.

The season will not finish.

:hmmyes: I think you're right.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Does Chase Daniel suck? I know he's a backup for a reason but how good is he as a backup?

Aye Doc posted:

touchdown tom making the 4th quarter comeback against cam newton's Patriots is the superbowl ending the 2020 season deserves

If this happens I hope it'll be around the time this new flu strain they just discovered in China ramps up and kills me, along with a not insignificant part of the human population(over football)

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 30, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Tom Brady deserves to have a humiliating season where he has Mike Evans and Chris Godwin but can’t throw a ball 30 yards