Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

e: lol what a snipe.

Awesome update. And now we know why iron was so much harder to work with.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
May El the Father of All upon Mount Har be praised for showing this poor wretch such truths.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Awesome update. And now we know why iron was so much harder to work with.
But on the flipside with some more work we could be the one to break iron.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Decades or not, if we can make Tudiya's uncle level armor we should do it.

Or make more eagle arrows.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Diogines posted:

[*]Apparently you DO know how to make an Eagle Arrow, even if you… don’t know that you know. But apparently you do? You are pretty sure that you in fact do not, but when you asked Every-Strike if he could help you make them he revealed that apparently in fact you DO? It took quite a while for this to somehow come up in conversation. Whatever you thought, rom Every-Strike you learn that the arrows will go Very Very Fast. Your best guess it that it is going to take six or seven years to make one and with Every-Strike’s help this one should be even faster than the other one you made.

Could we uh, make one that goes a little slower? With less recoil?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

+12 free human deaths before Chait kills Ashael

Huh, I guess that’s why iron can’t be easily blooded

We’d have to forge it in the name of ....FakeMok?

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Praise be.

What were the other type of arrows we considered? There were several options, as I recall.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JT Jag posted:

May El the Father of All upon Mount Har be praised for showing this poor wretch such truths.

Yeah, in all honesty, I think THAT is the biggest revelation from the update.

The fact that we can make Ancestor-tier armor and Eagle Arrows is loving amazing as well, but yeah, the epiphany of the secret to Bronze is a literal game changer.

Edit: Also, since the post is out of the bag, I may as well come clean. I am Stigrbrand on the Discord.
I was the Chosen One all along!

Thanks for the great Snulsmas gift, Diog!

the_steve fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 30, 2020

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

1. C
2. DDFFP
3. DI
4. B
5. E

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

JT Jag posted:

Potentially, unless the giants have claimed it or something. But why break iron when we can spend the same time getting way better at the thing that's already broken?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was an excellent update, Diog! The way you write such scenes is absolutely awe-inspiring in a literal sense.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Do we now understand what the Eagle Arrow actually does?

Enkidel craft the spear shaft

this is a lawyer forge

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Can we ask Everystrike if we also know how to make Bull or Viper arrows?

A Ceiling Fan
Aug 18, 2018

1. C
2. EEELG
3.F
4. A
5. A

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
To Everystrike: Will the eagle arrow always consume itself, and always fire like I saw at Acco?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Patrick Spens posted:

Could we uh, make one that goes a little slower? With less recoil?
You do not know how to make one like that. You were drat sure that you did not know how to make an Eagle Arrow, but Every-Strike said you did. Every-Strike will not actually design things for you.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

To Everystrike: Will the eagle arrow always consume itself, and always fire like I saw at Acco?
"When you shoot it at something you intend to harm, yes."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

You do not know how to make one like that. You were drat sure that you did not know how to make an Eagle Arrow, but Every-Strike said you did. Every-Strike will not actually design things for you.

Every, what else do I know how to make that I' not aware of?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Can we recall what the First Smith in our vision looked like?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

Every, what else do I know how to make that I' not aware of?
404. Capybara Fragmentation Error.

I've been informed that they need time to get back to you on that one as they very carefully check.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What does Everystrike think of the Bnaimokt metal? Is it something he could help us learn to work with?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Victis posted:

Can we recall what the First Smith in our vision looked like?
On the side of a great mountain, they were obscured by the fog of the mountain, flames and smoke from the forge and even the trembling of the earth. But your own culture is very, very clear on who first learned to work metal. Labaras climbed Mount Har and there learned farming, smithing, writing, the making of war, cosmetic and all such arts. Every single person in Ur knows that Labaras was the first smith.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Followup for every: Can you teach us to maybe turn down the recoil so we don't go flying?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Ask everstrike what we could make with a blue monster orb

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
What is the eagle arrows range? Does a target need to be in sight or could Enkidel sense something over the horizon and let the eagle do the final strike?

Does our understanding of blooded bronze allow us to make it work as a bow?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TK-42-1 posted:

We sent our new apprentice away and did nothing to help the gap? Bummer. But hey we saw a glimpse into what it means to truly master the world and it’s awesome in the literal sense.

Also figuratively.

Ask what would happen if we gave eagle arrows to someone else, would it be safe? Would they still work?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
gently caress it, changing 2 from EEEEE to DDDDD. Let's go all in on one specialty.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Sounds like we got our answer to why blooded Iron is so hard. Labaras broke the will of Bronze, and it will obey the will of his descendants.

If we want to make blooded Iron, it will have to be broken first. I imagine that's a ways off yet

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rahul posted:

Sounds like we got our answer to why blooded Iron is so hard. Labaras broke the will of Bronze, and it will obey the will of his descendants.

If we want to make blooded Iron, it will have to be broken first. I imagine that's a ways off yet

Definitely. But the key thing is that we know a general direction to head now in terms of doing so.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Metaphysically breaking iron to serve man as well as bronze would be one hell of a way to leave our mark on Ur. We might have to fight Fakemok for it, who knows, but something to think about. In the meantime though hell yeah. A blooded bronze sword every hour?!?!? We can arm every man in Kavodel with just a few years' work, if we want to spend a decade or two we can personally make a suit of BB armor for everyone too. That's loving absurd.

Although I'm actually more interested to see what Acco and Dor can do with a few thousand BB weapons and suits of armor, imagine the fish/Fare rolling up and finding everyone in Blooded Bronze instead of padded jackets, if nothing else they're gonna bleed hard. Way harder than a tower network would make them or anything.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 30, 2020

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Do you think the Zepaths Mighty Upholsterer experienced a vision of Labaras on the side of a mountain amidst thunder, lightning and smoke, stitching a cushion?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I'm very excited when Enkidel manages to cast his first global spell.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rahul posted:

'Labaras'. Yes. Definitely.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

How many sets of blooded bronze armor would Enkidel guess currently exist in Kavodel?
How many fighters does Enkidel think Kavodel has between the Balls, the independent companies like Marnal's Mercy, and the tower guard?

We can pump out 178 sets of low-quality blooded bronze weapons and armor per year. That seems like an awful lot. I think we might see impressive results on a vote of 3H to mass produce low-quality blooded bronze. I'd hope we produce enough to fully gear up all of Kavodel's fighters before the next major military action.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I don’t think we saw Labaras....

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

malbogio posted:

How many sets of blooded bronze armor would Enkidel guess currently exist in Kavodel?
How many fighters does Enkidel think Kavodel has between the Balls, the independent companies like Marnal's Mercy, and the tower guard?

We can pump out 178 sets of low-quality blooded bronze weapons and armor per year. That seems like an awful lot. I think we might see impressive results on a vote of 3H to mass produce low-quality blooded bronze. I'd hope we produce enough to fully gear up all of Kavodel's fighters before the next major military action.

I wonder if "we have the entire militia in blooded bronze now" would be enough of a gamechanger for Tudiya to reconsider Kitron.... our last big victory came from turning a trap around on the demons by showing up and playing a few wildcards, and "we have an entire army in elite gear" is definitely a wildcard.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
4 A
5 K
6 34-5789, You can call me up and have a date any old time.

Don't actually call that number up, I wanted to pad out this post so I made a reference to an old song

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Everstrike, why are these rituals and materials needed? Why is it not sufficient to employ pure will?

Crazycryodude posted:

I wonder if "we have the entire militia in blooded bronze now" would be enough of a gamechanger for Tudiya to reconsider Kitron.... our last big victory came from turning a trap around on the demons by showing up and playing a few wildcards, and "we have an entire army in elite gear" is definitely a wildcard.

I don't think that would help if Kiton is an Enkindel trap.

On the other hand 2-3 eagle arrows, to deal with any surprises...

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TK-42-1 posted:

I don’t think we saw Labaras....

Nah it was totally Labaras.

This is important, not because we can make an arrow, but because I think this is maybe the first time we've started to get it

If we really bust rear end we can begin to get it for other stuff too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

3. from AA to CC: EAGLE ARROWS