Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's shockingly hard to find a half decent chip shop in London. It's a really weird blind spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have cheese, with ketchup and mayo latticed over the entire pile so it's impossible to pick up a chip without any sauce on it. loving amazing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Aren't all flu viruses flu viruses with pandemic potential?

That's why we vaccinate...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gotta be honest, despite living in the Highlands for 25 years of my 35 years I don't remember ever experiencing chips & cheese until I went to Glasgow. It was just salt & vinegar was all I needed.

Hell, the last time I got chips & cheese in Nairn the chippy was using weirdly wrong cheese that was too rubbery (probably mozzarella?) & just didn't seem right. Not that I could actually tell you what the best cheese for chips is now that I think about it. Whatever, this chippy that was at Nairn Bus Station so I'd get dinner on the way home from work waiting for a connection did it wrong.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Cerv posted:

that's some culture war bullshit. be better than that

They're right though

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would venture that seeing the libs crushed is a material need.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Proud to rep the mushy pea zone

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 30, 2020

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Gravy is the way, add cheese if you're feeling decadent

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm apparently in a curry sauce zone, northwest of Glasgow, but the real move is cheese AND curry sauce.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

OwlFancier posted:

I would venture that seeing the libs crushed is a material need.

:agreed:

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

If we can’t have a better world, at least we can make sure other people are suffering.

Helpfully this applies to both the posted thread and responses ITT.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
RLB: "Hmm, yes, surely this time, a good faith response to bad faith attacks will draw a line under things! I'm definitely not encouraging people implacably opposed to my political existence to double down on their efforts by taking this attitude!"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/29/responsibility-actions-antisemitism-rebecca-long-bailey

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

forkboy84 posted:

Gotta be honest, despite living in the Highlands for 25 years of my 35 years I don't remember ever experiencing chips & cheese until I went to Glasgow. It was just salt & vinegar was all I needed.

Hell, the last time I got chips & cheese in Nairn the chippy was using weirdly wrong cheese that was too rubbery (probably mozzarella?) & just didn't seem right. Not that I could actually tell you what the best cheese for chips is now that I think about it. Whatever, this chippy that was at Nairn Bus Station so I'd get dinner on the way home from work waiting for a connection did it wrong.

"Chips" from a local hole in the wall place in Finland:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Is that like a fresh salsa or something on top there? I'd try it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It's relish, quite popular here on fries and burgers too, same with the raw onions.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's relish, quite popular here on fries and burgers too, same with the raw onions.

gently caress, now I want to move to Finland even more.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

forkboy84 posted:

Not that I could actually tell you what the best cheese for chips is now that I think about it.

A subject close to my heart clogging arteries

Very strong cheddar, freshly grated. That way you don't need much for a cheesy taste- too much cheese just soggyfies the chips with cheese fats and it gets reet claggy. Definitely not pre shredded cheese, that poo poo never melts right.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This is going to sound a bit stupid but I'm guessing they haven't made curry sauce and ketchup the same colour. Is South Wales favourite curry sauce?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

bessantj posted:

Is South Wales favourite curry sauce?

Yes.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

RLB: "Hmm, yes, surely this time, a good faith response to bad faith attacks will draw a line under things! I'm definitely not encouraging people implacably opposed to my political existence to double down on their efforts by taking this attitude!"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/29/responsibility-actions-antisemitism-rebecca-long-bailey

Good on her for taking it on the chin. Clearly has her eye on getting back in the shadow cabinet at some point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bessantj posted:

This is going to sound a bit stupid but I'm guessing they haven't made curry sauce and ketchup the same colour. Is South Wales favourite curry sauce?

Curry sauce is orange, ketchup is red. If you don't have known colour blindness, then first check your monitor settings and then get your eyes seen to.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Curry sauce with ketchup drizzled on top is extremely my jam.

It sounds awful until you try it.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bessantj posted:

Curry sauce and ketchup do not come close to sharing a color there.

You do not sound dumb, you sound like there's something badly wrong with your eyes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jedit posted:

Curry sauce is orange, ketchup is red. If you don't have known colour blindness, then first check your monitor settings and then get your eyes seen to.

endlessmonotony posted:

Curry sauce and ketchup do not come close to sharing a color there.

You do not sound dumb, you sound like there's something badly wrong with your eyes.

Thank you and yes, I'm colour blind. Do they really not come close to sharing a colour? because they look so close it gives me a headache trying to differentiate between them.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bessantj posted:

Thank you and yes, I'm colour blind. Do they really not come close to sharing a colour? because they look so close it gives me a headache trying to differentiate between them.

Yep with my normal* eyes they're extremely different.

(* Eyes actually quite far from normal but I have full color vision.)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Hancock2001/status/1277753394392948739?s=19

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Chip sauce is pretty nice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

All of starmers staff are white

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1277859532774014976?s=19

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

bessantj posted:

Do they really not come close to sharing a colour? because they look so close it gives me a headache trying to differentiate between them.

East Anglia and Somerset/Gloucestershire have both colours, running in diagonal stripes. Those stripes are very obvious to me - but when looking at a solid orange county I still wanted to doublecheck the key or a red county to make sure it was orange, so I think saying they aren't even close is going too far.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

In line with accessibility best practices from the 1970s, which for some things seem to make more sense than current versions, curry sauce is now C for cheese.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

bessantj posted:

They're hard to tell apart for me and I'm also colour blind

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

^^ Atleast I know I'm not totally off base

endlessmonotony posted:

Yep with my normal* eyes they're extremely different.

(* Eyes actually quite far from normal but I have full color vision.)

Always fun finding out how borked my eyes are.

Oh dear me posted:

East Anglia and Somerset/Gloucestershire have both colours, running in diagonal stripes. Those stripes are very obvious to me - but when looking at a solid orange county I still wanted to doublecheck the key or a red county to make sure it was orange, so I think saying they aren't even close is going too far.

If I stare at East Anglia for a bit I think I can see the difference but then the colours start to dance round.

EDIT: Guavanaut you legend.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Breath Ray posted:

Good on her for taking it on the chin. Clearly has her eye on getting back in the shadow cabinet at some point.

I can't agree: either apologise and then shut up or dispute that you've done anything wrong and defend yourself robustly. This "I'm sorry for inadvertently causing any offense" followed by a long, rambling, defensive explanation of her actions just looks weak and encourages renewed attacks on her.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/angryaboutbikes/status/1277870354149539840?s=19

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Don't forget to vote for Momentum leadership thing if you're a member, it closes at midday

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That's silly, Starmer can't be racist he fired RLB. That's all it takes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

"The ultimate live Judge Dredd experience" - so you turn up and get shot by a fascist cop?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jedit posted:

"The ultimate live Judge Dredd experience" - so you turn up and get shot by a fascist cop?

BLM is going interactive, it's actually very clever!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/rosielanners/status/1277545491052584960?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Just your regular Daily Starmer news