Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
W H A T  A   S T R A N G E   G A M E
T H E   O N L Y   W I N N I N G   M O V E   I S   N O T   T O   M O D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What happened with the interview that Lowtax was supposed to do where he was going to be complete exonerated or whatever the pills typed?

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shania Twain posted:

How many of my cookies can my coworker eat before I beat them?

Depends, are you cohabitating?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There should be a cum forum on this website where people discuss cum

every forum is the cum forum

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

jokes posted:

What happened with the tell-all interview or whatever that Lowtax was supposed to do where he was going to be complete exonerated or whatever the pills typed?

it happened and it sucked asssss

link/transcript in OP I think

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I do not possess the capacity to care and do not understand this fixation on who a mod is. I can't even name the mods of the subforums I post in, nor do I care who they are.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cant sleep and I have the psuedo-ist of updates for you for those wondering about mods and admins since I genuinely don't know more. From QCS thread on the topic

"At sometime in the near future there will be an admin announcement. My assumption is it will cover Mods and Admins, going forward, expectations, and basically everything discussed and yelled about in QCS. I hope it will not include the word "Modmin." Nobody wants that word." - Athanatos

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

W H A T  A   S T R A N G E   G A M E
T H E   O N L Y   W I N N I N G   M O V E   I S   N O T   T O   M O D

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

bird with big dick posted:

every forum is the cum forum

something awful cum house

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

There is a kind of person who covets recognition and being able to exercise power, even if it’s a tiny amount of power over a very small community. These people are by far the most likely to become moderators of an online forum. These people are by far the last people who should be allowed to become moderators of an online forum.

honestly, anyone wondering about the mods should read their posts in this QCS thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930145. When it's not being derailed by Reene rage the thread has a lot of good behind-the-scenes information from the mods. The bottom line is mods are mostly concerned with managing their subforums. Lowtax is a loose cannon and when he barges into the forums the mods try to keep their heads down and do damage control. Lowtax is such a loving mess that the mods actively try to avoid engaging with him -- "Don't wake Daddy" is the phrase.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sash! posted:

I do not possess the capacity to care and do not understand this fixation on who a mod is. I can't even name the mods of the subforums I post in, nor do I care who they are.

Did they cover up for Lowtax's serial domestic abuse?

If not then I don't care either.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

It's still being worked out. Literally nothing has changed. If anyone wants their poo poo on the front page PM/email/tweet at me. Renee won't be a mod once this all shakes out. Please be nicer to each other.

You are never going to get people to be nicer to each other in here. I'm not even being cynical about this.

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Jose posted:

everyone else has covered what i knew but if you really want to know how little attention he paid i have a ban from him for drunk posting because he never realised i was a mod

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Oh, and gently caress lowtax

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Barudak posted:

I cant sleep and I have the psuedo-ist of updates for you for those wondering about mods and admins since I genuinely don't know more. From QCS thread on the topic

"At sometime in the near future there will be an admin announcement. My assumption is it will cover Mods and Admins, going forward, expectations, and basically everything discussed and yelled about in QCS. I hope it will not include the word "Modmin." Nobody wants that word." - Athanatos

is this a passive aggressive attack upon my character

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

bottlesproot posted:

With Lowtax's instant-gratification driven addict mindset it wouldn't surprise me if SomethingAwful LLC is either being used to leverage massive amounts of debt and/or in debt itself, and that's on top of the IRS and his ex-wives (rightfully) looking to extract their pound of flesh. I'd be shocked if closing the deal didn't involve Jeffrey essentially bailing out 20 years of Lowtax's horrible life choices (and he'd still whine that he sold it for peanuts, oh woe is me).

i strongly suspect the reason that nothing has been talked about publicly is that there is an ongoing stage of discovery happening right now, and Jeffery is (possibly) reevaluating whether it's financially viable for him to take on the obligations that come along with SALLC... i would expect any negotiations are related to who keeps those financial obligations following the split rather than any discussion about company valuation etc. - it seems like that part's already dealt with.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

There is a kind of person who covets recognition and being able to exercise power, even if it’s a tiny amount of power over a very small community. These people are by far the most likely to become moderators of an online forum. These people are by far the last people who should be allowed to become moderators of an online forum.

Yeah, its sort of a double edged sword. The only people that would want to be a volunteer moderator of a site like this are people who definitely should not be moderators of a site like this

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

How much is Jeffrey offering

$16.5 million.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

drat, that's pretty generous. I would have divided that number by 10.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Colorfinger posted:

i strongly suspect the reason that nothing has been talked about publicly is that there is an ongoing stage of discovery happening right now, and Jeffery is (possibly) reevaluating whether it's financially viable for him to take on the obligations that come along with SALLC... i would expect any negotiations are related to who keeps those financial obligations following the split rather than any discussion about company valuation etc. - it seems like that part's already dealt with.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i doubt that there's a grand conspiracy going on here of like "omg the sale is cancelled!!!!" or "mods are trying to retain power!!!!" or whatever. It's more likely to me that there's a lot to dig through with 20 years of disorganized accounting and errata, tax liens, etc. With all the tax stuff that Rich has going on, there may be a lien on the property of the company itself which would restrict or slow the sale. No one here knows all the details, and it's understandable that Jeffery wouldn't want to talk about and potentially endanger so a fragile deal closing so... we gotta have some patience while it irons out.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Slippery posted:

it happened and it sucked asssss

link/transcript in OP I think

Yikeseroo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

No chance

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

oops, I think you accidentally wrote the word "million" there

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Just make Lowtax sign a gag order with the sale that if he violates he forfeits the money.

Jeffrey will have his money back in a week.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Colorfinger posted:

we gotta have some patience while it irons out.

concur, let's wait and see. after all these years I think we (collectively) can hang out for a little while longer right? I mean why not assume good faith.

gumpy golashes
Jun 26, 2020

Hey Friends! Come check out the official Something Awful offsite Forum Scarboil.com! Its the #1 place to post with friends and NOT beat women! Over at Scarboil we love and believe all women.
does anyone know the price of the forums? i would like to buy them.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

AntherUslessPoster posted:

otoh LITERALLY A BIRD is one of rarest examples of a good mod

"no longer a mod"?

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

SpartanIvy posted:

Just make Lowtax sign a gag order with the sale that if he violates he forfeits the money.

Jeffrey will have his money back in a week.

Guys this could totally work

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

gumpy golashes posted:

does anyone know the price of the forums? i would like to buy them.

$1 Million GBP (Gold Belly Products)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol at anyone expecting the deal to be done this quick. It will likely take 3 to 6 months, if not more.

I'm guessing Lowtax isn't uh, very good at documenting his business dealings considering the $100k in back taxes

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Colorfinger posted:

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i doubt that there's a grand conspiracies going on here of like "omg the sale is cancelled!!!!" or "mods are trying to retain power!!!!" or whatever. It's more likely to me that there's a lot to dig through with 20 years of disorganized accounting and errata, tax liens, etc. With all the tax stuff that Rich has going on, there may be a lien on the property of the company itself which would restrict or slow the sale. No one here knows all the details, and it's understandable that Jeffery wouldn't want to talk about and potentially endanger so a fragile deal closing so... we gotta have some patience while it irons out.

it could be weeks before anything gets settled with the transfer and i doubt jeffrey would say anything publicly until its finalized

(though they could still comment on things other than the transfer itself)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Lol at anyone expecting the deal to be done this quick. It will likely take 3 to 6 months, if not more.

im going to clamour for updates on every single day of them

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

im going to clamour for updates on every single day of them

godspeed

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

SpartanIvy posted:

$1 Million GBP (Gold Belly Products)

your name makes me think of senatorivy, whatever happened to them, anyone know?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

someone asked a few pages back but non-plat has been able to do reports for a pretty long while now

its restricted to 5/day for non-plat and like 10/day for plat presumably because lowtax wanted that incentive to buy plat so maybe jeffrey will change it when he takes over in x time units

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

imagine reporting ten posts a day lol

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Happy to have my mod powers back and start cleaning this place up

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

This is just weird. You expect someone to have a public face and a private one and for lowtax, site owner of something awful, to have a little kayfabe that gets dropped IRL.

Like a sane person would say “Okay, I hosed up on that one. Please don’t mention it again.”
But mangosteen sounds like the name of a wife who took the kids and got the judge to deny visitation rights.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

So uhh...Reene is going to be an admin for another 3-6 months whole this all shakes out, despite having overwhelmingly lost the faith and trust of the community we're so desperately trying to save? Without one word of explanation as to why leadership is unwilling to demod her immediately?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

loving what? I'd love to see the valuation assessment on this bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Pork Lift posted:

Happy to have my mod powers back and start cleaning this place up

Do you operate a mop, is that why it says Moperator