Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird with big dick posted:

He nailed my mother and then never called her again it was very detrimental to her self esteem

He meant to call her but when he got up to get his phone he slipped on his sweaty toes and hurt his back again so totally not his fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Salty Josh posted:

The goldbelly stuff looks delicious, but lol at spending 90 bucks for a dozen cookies.

I always thought it was assholes impulse buying poo poo they see on Food Network; mackinaw peaches and bouna beefs

There’s an A+ pie place near me that charges ~$30, Goldbelly wants $80 for that. 2 to 4x markup across the site.
Again, high margin items for bored rich people. I just gotta laugh that dear Richard plugging away at a keyboard is in the same category.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 30, 2020

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

has anything happened lately or is it still just waiting on jeffrey to finish the buyout?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Strumpie posted:

Did I do it right?

This meme used to be a lot funnier to me until one of the cats I adopted hid in the ceiling for 3 days.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

boar guy posted:

fyi after the successful campaign to get fyad closed they left in a huff for their offsite and now while actively trying to poach users and make money from this horrible shambles of a website, have returned to casually posting on it, a forum they couldn't tolerate a month ago :tipshat:

Woah woah so BnR is just where all the fyad losers went? :yikes:

Strumpie posted:

Wait wait wait. There are TWO posters called Amethyst???

No just me, the real amethyst.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's Lowtax's most pathetic moment? Is it when he announced a merch giveaway at his office and only one user showed up?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Cowman posted:

has anything happened lately or is it still just waiting on jeffrey to finish the buyout?

Latter. Nothing new since MRA podcast

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this is a bit off topic but i figure someone in here would know - what the gently caress is up with all the offsites having such awful names

BnR's name i get but everything else just seems to be mashing two potentially offensive words together and throwing money at a registrar

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Nirvikalpa posted:

What's Lowtax's most pathetic moment? Is it when he announced a merch giveaway at his office and only one user showed up?

I would say his most pathedic moment was turning the goons after his second wife while she was running away from him living in a battered women's shelter with his daughter, including him getting her gofund me taken down, so that she wouldn't have money that she could use to make sure his daughter is safe and not living in a battered women's shelter (at thanksgiving)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also the time that he licked a battery for 1 dollar on youtube stream?

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

this is a bit off topic but i figure someone in here would know - what the gently caress is up with all the offsites having such awful names

BnR's name i get but everything else just seems to be mashing two potentially offensive words together and throwing money at a registrar

The name I registered was chosen because it cost $1.50 to reg

What does breadnroses mean btw?

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

UHD posted:

its definitely part this. i dont think bnr realizes they didnt really get rid of sa's mod problems so much as gave them a nicer coat of paint.

im also gonna guess that the stringent rule set is going to create an echo chamber so powerful that if bnr isnt already a tankie paradise it wont take long before it becomes one

the only way to know for sure is to gently caress around and find out

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shania Twain posted:

What does breadnroses mean btw?

It's a reference to a suffragette slogan that later became a poem and a song

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

I hear Saint Isaias Boner is responsible for one, so your wish might come true if you perform a summoning ritual in their honour.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Kiwi Farms comes from, so I am told, one individual's pronunciation of the [name of] the no-longer-extant "CWC wiki" which was a forum/wiki created to harass one specific person. this seems uncool but maybe I just don't 'get' cyberbullying

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Never figured out what “The New Effort” was supposed to mean

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's a reference to a suffragette slogan that later became a poem and a song

It was really more about labor than it was about votes for women

In 1912 it was a rallying call for a major textile workers strike in the US called the Lawrence Textile Strike. The slogan represented the two things they wanted: appropriate material compensation, symbolized by the bread, and dignity in their labor, represented by the roses. That symbolism is why, among other things, you see roses on the DSA logo

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

The Real Amethyst posted:

While I'm very left leaning, I'm skeptical of BnR because I feel like it'll be tankie paradise.
Whats their general take on discussing the CCP, Uighur genocide, Hong Kong and Taiwan?

Don't know but they have an antifa thread where they are all cool with assaulting teenage children

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

lite_sleepr posted:

Don't know but they have an antifa thread where they are all cool with assaulting teenage children

Are the kids fascists or

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nirvikalpa posted:

Why would you believe a Nazi paranoid schizophrenic?

This is not overselling it at all either. We’re not talking “has bad opinions about Palestine” were talking “FINAL SOLUTION NOW.”

She’s a literal nazi and completely insane. The only reason to read anything she’s ever written is if you’re into the hypno-magi-findom-meth scene.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What's a tankie?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Slippery posted:

just wanted to recognize another wasteland avatar. there's you, and one other, and I used to have one (box cover art - owns) and that's it. sad

That and the oldschool Dogmeat AV always make me smile. I've been replaying Wasteland 2 lately and enjoying it.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Anything from early 2001 or earlier doesn't count because 9/11 changed everything

This just reminded me of the joke about politicians saying "9-11". Want to stir people up? say 9-11. Want to get people on your side? Say 9-11. Want to deflect from wrongdoing? Say 9-11.

Just read some of the old Cliffy B and I still find some things funny. I still remember that awfullink of the day to some guy that was like gothic/metalhead magician who was losing his hair. Guess I just miss the old days sometimes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Shania Twain posted:

i did not know about your offsite but i agree with its name, dogs r cool indeed

i was talking more about kf, sm and sb i guess. kf was answered above (and, uh, gross).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Skullmund and Scarboil were both running jokes

Jerry Mumphrey had made a post in QCS that someone should make a subforum called Skullmund, and then every now and then when something stupid happened here someone would post something like gently caress this place, see you at Skullmund. Scarboil was basically the same joke. It was also coined in the original QCS Skullmund thread. People were making jokes about the made up Skullmund subforum that Jerry disliked so he said something like Skullmund sounds awful, we should make a subforum called Scarboil.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I got fucklowtax.com, but I have way too much on my plate to do anything useful with it.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

No. 6 posted:

What's a tankie?

anime person who wants to become a magical weapon system and goes around talking like/dressing like/acting like a tank

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

No. 6 posted:

What's a tankie?

technically it's an insult directed at marxist leninists but liberals have devalued the word to mean anyone on the left who doesn't want to vote for joe biden

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Squiggle posted:

Are the kids fascists or

They're children it doesn't matter

No. 6 posted:

What's a tankie?

Hard line stalinists who defend Stalin at all costs. Super lefties who swear communism, TRUE communism hasn't been tried yet, Stalin was great, the holodomor never happened but if it did it was just a famineand lots of countries have had famines so it doesn't mean anything etc

https://i.imgur.com/JkqhstX.png

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 30, 2020

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Skullmund and Scarboil were both running jokes

Jerry Mumphrey had made a post in QCS that someone should make a subforum called Skullmund, and then every now and then when something stupid happened here someone would post something like gently caress this place, see you at Skullmund. Scarboil was basically the same joke. It was also coined in the original QCS Skullmund thread. People were making jokes about the made up Skullmund subforum that Jerry disliked so he said something like Skullmund sounds awful, we should make a subforum called Scarboil.

There is already a next forum lined up for when Scarboil inevitably dies. Fugboll.org

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

lite_sleepr posted:

Wasn't a no

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Squiggle posted:

Wasn't a no

Since you either are unable or unwilling to extrapolate the meaning, they are of the opinion that if a 15-year-old child is either with fascists or Nazis or espouses the fascist ideals that a teenage child can comprehend, then yes it's okay to utilize extreme brutal violence against them.

Which is disgusting and criminal.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

punishedkissinger posted:

technically it's an insult directed at marxist leninists but liberals have devalued the word to mean anyone on the left who doesn't want to vote for joe biden

Once upon a time it represented western communists who sided with the USSR when they rolled tanks to quash labor strikes in Hungary. It was a dividing line on the left in the 60's that is reflected in contemporary times by the division between people who are, say, pro-CCP no matter what and those who are not among contemporary communists

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

bird with big dick posted:

This is not overselling it at all either. We’re not talking “has bad opinions about Palestine” were talking “FINAL SOLUTION NOW.”

She’s a literal nazi and completely insane. The only reason to read anything she’s ever written is if you’re into the hypno-magi-findom-meth scene.

She's also a flat earther lol.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lite_sleepr posted:

People who defend Stalin at all costs. Super lefties who swear communism, TRUE communism hasn't been tried yet, Stalin was great, the holodomor never happened but if it did it was just a famineand lots of countries have had famines so it doesn't mean anything etc

Hell, I'd beat up Hitler if he was 12 years old. Take his lunch money too.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

so that's where my :10bux: went

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

gumpy golashes posted:

you guys sure are obsessed with lowtax. seems kind of obsessively mentally ill. what did he ever do to you???

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

he took my clearly labeled sandwich from the fridge and ate it, op

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

lite_sleepr posted:

Since you either are unable or unwilling to extrapolate the meaning, they are of the opinion that if a 15-year-old child is either with fascists or Nazis or espouses the fascist ideals that a teenage child can comprehend, then yes it's okay to utilize extreme brutal violence against them.

Which is disgusting and criminal.

Christ on sale, lighten up Francis.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

christmas boots posted:

Hell, I'd beat up Hitler if he was 12 years old. Take his lunch money too.

This is how you make Hitlers.

And cops

Squiggle posted:

Christ on sale, lighten up Francis.

Buddy I was just answering you!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

lite_sleepr posted:

People who defend Stalin at all costs. Super lefties who swear communism, TRUE communism hasn't been tried yet, Stalin was great, the holodomor never happened but if it did it was just a famineand lots of countries have had famines so it doesn't mean anything etc

Squiggle posted:

Wasn't a no

Yeah... kids can be dicks. I was a kid right here on these very forums and would say really terrible things for the lols. Other rightly told me to stfu and mocked me. One time in real life I was 12 and stole some poo poo from a friend who hit me and I learned to not do it again. This is how the world used to work. Like I get not instantly going to bludgeon kids with bats but kids often push boundaries and giggle at trolling. It's just how we were. I never will understand how many online think kids are perfect and precious and must be protected at all costs. Protected sure but when they are dumb you can laugh and try to help. If they obnoxiously keep lighting poo poo on fire then gently talking to them may not be enough. If someone tried to gently talk to me at 13 I would have laughed in their faces and called them words we can't say online anymore. Some kids need a sterner approach.

As an aside: this thread moves quick so has the Lowtax MRA podcast been leaked yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Coffee Jones posted:

Never figured out what “The New Effort” was supposed to mean

Was that the one that was founded by a goon that moved to China and converted to Eastern Orthodox because he was disgusted with the state of the PNW punk subculture, or something similarly wtf?