Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

New conspiracy theory: Bob knew??

No Bob is too drat sweet.

If it turns out this implies that there is something dark lurking in the Steamie Awards, I'll be ever so mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I created a podcast discord, https://discord.gg/rTc2f7z simpsons chat welcome

Bread & Roses forum is taking on a lot of refugees right now. You can register and not pay the $10 and they'll let you in within a few hours. For those who prefer the forums experience to the chat room feel of discord.

https://breadnroses.net/

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
https://twitter.com/thatbilloakley/status/1277770903577714688

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Nice.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think the poll for WAC Movie has been very carefully calibrated to be an impossible decision - Ghost in the Shell, DragonBall Z: Broly, End of Evangelion and Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz,

Like, Ghost in the Shell probably stands best on it's own, but the DBZ films as an exercise are really interesting, along with the fact they then remade it to fold a version of the character into the DragonBall Super canon. And End of Eva is End of Eva.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think the poll for WAC Movie has been very carefully calibrated to be an impossible decision - Ghost in the Shell, DragonBall Z: Broly, End of Evangelion and Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz,

Like, Ghost in the Shell probably stands best on it's own, but the DBZ films as an exercise are really interesting, along with the fact they then remade it to fold a version of the character into the DragonBall Super canon. And End of Eva is End of Eva.

This is easily the hardest poll I've had to vote in. I'd love to hear them cover all of those, especially if they could get Ian and Toby back to talk about End of Eva. That would probably end up being WAC's first two-part episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If End of Eva gets chosen I will probably reup my sub to 10bux to listen.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
If you want to hear the very first episode of TS (Christmas special) it's available without Patreon at
https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/6/d/b/6d...a28bd658189d202

Love hearing everyone in 2015 ponder how to do this and how long it'll last

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am with Bob and tomatos. Turn them into something other than the natural form and they'll hella good. Ditto avocados.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLqzGrq8T0

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
*subs to patreon to finally listen to this Talking Futurama I've been hearing so much about*

"Wait a minute, there was a third guy???"

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
ಠ_ಠ

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This What a Cartoon about Ranma 1/2 is bringing back a lot of 90s memories for me.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I loved that interview with Oakley and Weinstein. I just kept imagining them as their Mission Hill characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MokBa posted:

I loved that interview with Oakley and Weinstein. I just kept imagining them as their Mission Hill characters.

I also loved them telling the WB "gently caress you".

But yea it's hard not to hear Bill and hear George.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
The last few Simpsons episodes the podcast covered have really been testing my commitment to watching along. :sigh: Though at least there will always be WAC and Talking of the Hill/Futurama/etc. as palate cleansers.

Fred is on fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 6, 2020

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Fred is on posted:

The last few Simpsons episodes the podcast covered have really been testing my commitment to watching along. :sigh: Thought at least there will always be WAC and Talking of the Hill/Futurama/etc. as palate cleansers.

try to make it to behind the laughter
and maybe trilogy of error

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
It never wins in these miniseries votes, but I will continue to doggedly vote for Duckman like the stubborn son of a bitch that I am.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It never wins in these miniseries votes, but I will continue to doggedly vote for Duckman like the stubborn son of a bitch that I am.

:yeah:

I know it won't compete against KotH or Futurama but I'll keep throwing my vote at the series

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
King of the Hill needs every vote it can get as it is clearly the underdog in this fight. Why can't you all back a possible winner and do some good??

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
What if we start a write in campaign for them to drop the Simpsons after this season and concentrate on other series full time?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stealie72 posted:

What if we start a write in campaign for them to drop the Simpsons after this season and concentrate on other series full time?

gently caress yeah Talking Futurama full-time!

*two years later*

Oh god, what have we done?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

*two years later*
Spends several years covering every episode of king of the hill.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stealie72 posted:

Spends several years covering every episode of king of the hill.

That's true. King of the Hill never really faltered. Maybe a couple of seasons weren't spectacular, but nothing dire.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
King of the Hill holds up better than Futurama.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They're both still great, I rewatch them regularly and they make me laugh. Bobby Hill is the same age as I am so I relate a lot to his antics in the first few seasons. Fry is where I was a few years ago, listless in life and my only friend was a robot.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Bob's sockpuppet spotted.

But yea, if they wanted to do a 3rd weekly series, TalKING of the Hill would be a perfect choice. I think i'd prefer that over Futurama because a lot of KOTH i've only seen once, while futurama is something I'd seen so, so many times.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's looking like it's going to be Futurama, it has an almost insurmountable lead. But if somehow we could convince a few of the Duckman folks to change their votes then we might have a chance. I just don't see where Duckman and KOTH intersect.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 9, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I want KOTH to win this vote and then Duckman to beat Futurama in the next one

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

If KOTH wins, I will probably resub to the Patreon.

Also, the Vans shoe interview made me go out and order the blue Bart shoes, but I now have a question.

Am I missing something? It seems like a super simple mess up, which makes me think its some very specific reference since its so easy to look up the number from the episode.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I was talking to Simpsons collector Bart of Darkness and his theory is they went with the number that's on the Mr. Plow fliers (which is KL5-3223)

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

S.D. fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 9, 2020

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/TalkSimpsonsPod/status/1293370688904994816?s=20

Still smh at the cowards

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Talking Simpsons is definitely something you have to divorce from their fanbase, like Rick and Morty. I've read their Patreon comments and had them read to me, it's a bunch of awful weirdo szechuan sauce pickle rick loving motherfuckers. They give weirdos a bad name! No wonder Futurama is going to win again.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I am endlessly bitter

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I am endlessly bitter

So...what about your dream Frasier episode where Frasier and Bulldog oil their heads and then rub them together?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Talking Simpsons is definitely something you have to divorce from their fanbase, like Rick and Morty. I've read their Patreon comments and had them read to me, it's a bunch of awful weirdo szechuan sauce pickle rick loving motherfuckers. They give weirdos a bad name! No wonder Futurama is going to win again.

lol is that true? how terrible for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I disagree and am not sure what you're talking about! No one's even mentioned schezuan sauce or pickle rick even once? Most people leave thoughtful comments with interesting info, anecdotes, or insight. (I voted for Duckman for what it's worth, and there was definitely a lot of love for it among the comments in the poll.)

Everyone in the Patreon and this thread are fine weirdos! It's why we're all here!

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 15, 2020