Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I know it isn't the same as browsing in person but maybe you guys can Skype call over https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/home/ browsing? And it can be like a fun little virutal clothes browsing thing, if she's gonna actually be really sad?

Mercifully she was kidding a little bit with how upset she was but thanks for the suggestions, that's very nice of you. Trust me she's plenty familiar with their website though! We're hanging out and watching some UFC right now for some contrast, she's a lady of many interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
AP previews sign up is live. I got AK on the 9th.

Now to see if I want to (or can) use it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

So the complicated part of Small World is that while it has stereotypical animatronics, it stereotypes every ethnicity (including all of the white ones) and takes a very anti-racist stance. The art style is outdated but the entire message is "Our diversity is awesome and makes the world great, and we should celebrate it."

With Splash Mountain, the question you really need to ask is "What happens when the younger generation asks about this ride?" While the ride itself is as divorced as possible from Song of the South, eventually those black kids going on it will learn that it's based on a movie that shows slavery as not all that bad, and they'll ask why the gently caress you left this up.

We have a local theme park that has a ride that's basically it's a small world, except it's called Carnaval. Unfortunately Fact that literally everyone is a caricature doesn't matter to a lot of people.
As soon as the more egregious parts are changed that ride will become the new target.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1277665654343073796?s=21

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
While I can't go into specifics, if you are planning on visiting the modified Disney World, may I suggest doing anything else with your time. This isn't going to be fun for anyone.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
:capitalism:
Well, I hope by the holidays they have their procedures down better.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

While I can't go into specifics, if you are planning on visiting the modified Disney World, may I suggest doing anything else with your time. This isn't going to be fun for anyone.

I figured as much. I feel really lucky we got our trip in at the end of Feb. I don't have any plans to go back right now until probably Feb 2022.

Them killing FP+ was enough for me to go.... nah, not worth it. We're heavy planners and users of FP+ and park hop daily. Just doesn't fit our style with the restrictions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's shocking to me that anyone wanted too.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Sorta blows my mind anyone is willing to pay full price for a trip during this time.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

couldcareless posted:

Sorta blows my mind anyone is willing to pay full price for a trip during this time.

The demand seems to be there from the DVC FB group I'm in and Disboards. People want to get back to their "happy place" no matter what the cost. Even the YT guys I follow are all like, don't come this year, just don't.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
and I'm going to just out and say it; if you take a trip to Florida right now from out of state you are straight up putting your family and yourself in direct danger. Don't be a part of the problem, we don't need any more vectors. Just let us self implode as fast as possible so hopefully, hopefully, there's a way to get back to work in 2021.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Bottom Liner posted:

and I'm going to just out and say it; if you take a trip to Florida right now from out of state you are straight up putting your family and yourself in direct danger.

We have a condo in pensacola this weekend we booked awhile ago that we can't get the deposit back on. We are planning on going and just staying on the balcony and getting poo poo faced the whole time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, as long as you are smart and isolated then it doesn't really apply to you but people going to Disney and such can not do that on any level no matter how prepared they are.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah going to Disney is the definition of rolling the dice lol

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hey what

https://twitter.com/RichLightShed/status/1277980994201673729?s=19

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
On a lighter note, the Swolphin food for the MLS teams appears to be, um, not great

https://twitter.com/Omar4Gonzalez/status/1277994007298220034

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Pretty sure we're going to cancel our Platinum Plus APs. Looking at the reservation availability, weekends are already getting booked out through August. There's just no point with a) very limited availability, b) no park hopping, c) masks, and d) the global pandemic. It's just not worth it. We'll likely do our AP preview day just to see how bad it is, cancel the last few months, and regroup later.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I bet demand nosedives after the first two weeks once the most frothing at the mouth fans have gone and the virus continues its exponential expansion in florida

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

I went ahead and banked my dvc points till next use year. I feel that WDW is going to be a cluster at least through October at this point if not longer. :cry:

One of our friends is taking their family down in late July for a week at WDW. I can’t imagine how miserable it would be with all of the restrictions, heat and other unknown issues.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Getting home with COVID would be even worse

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Is there some sort of timeline for when you might be able to talk specifics, or when some sort of specific announcement will be made?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Tokyo parks opened and seemingly went well, because Japanese people don’t go Karen and shout about their grandfather’s sacrifice to the flag wasn’t so we could all wear masks. People wore masks and stood where told to.

gently caress them not testing CMs, though. Union lawsuits are going down in Nevada about a lack of mandatory testing and lack of protection for service workers, but not even setting up an employee testing site at a convention center (probably Coronado since it doesn’t have DVC attached) and giving people access to a test even if you don’t require one is so stupid.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Disney has more CMs than the number of tests done each day in all of Florida. I can see how that would be a logistical problem.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The obvious fix to the logistical problem is either Disney plowing its corporate might into testing or just...you know, not opening. But :capitalism:

(I get you're not necessarily defending their decision making here, I'm just sayin')

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I think the problem is that Disney knows there’s no end in sight so they’re conserving their cash on hand.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:smith: Stay safe TBBS. Do not go gently into that Haunted Mansion.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My friend has a CM friend and he confirms that it is indeed a ShitShow™ over there.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Testing costs money, why would they care. Disney executives aren't the ones getting sick.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
What I find funny is that despite this poo poo show, ultimately I think it's going to be southwest that officially kills our planned September trip.

They changed our direct flights to add a layover and it'll cost an extra $400 per ticket for the only direct flight available lol gently caress that and gently caress you I hope the airlines all go out of business.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Testing costs money, why would they care. Disney executives aren't the ones getting sick.

Some of them will be out and about near the crowds and there is potential for it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

On a lighter note, the Swolphin food for the MLS teams appears to be, um, not great

https://twitter.com/Omar4Gonzalez/status/1277994007298220034

This looks fine to me. Not exactly winning any aesthetic awards and maybe lacking in the amount of food. Well okay it was fine until I saw the price.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That’s a pitiful amount of food for a pro athlete lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Duck and Cover posted:

This looks fine to me. Not exactly winning any aesthetic awards and maybe lacking in the amount of food. Well okay it was fine until I saw the price.

Did you see the prices? $65 for that.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Cirque tickets are on sale for November 5th and beyond.

We’ll see if that actually happens.

https://tickets.cirquedusoleil.com/wdi/#/0d103b31-48e8-404b-b996-0925cc7b04a6/shop/select?fac=cds&locale=en-US&skin=wdi

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cais posted:

Cirque tickets are on sale for November 5th and beyond.

We’ll see if that actually happens.

https://tickets.cirquedusoleil.com/wdi/#/0d103b31-48e8-404b-b996-0925cc7b04a6/shop/select?fac=cds&locale=en-US&skin=wdi

Is this the new show? They just announced bankruptcy so I assumed it would be scrapped.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Bottom Liner posted:

Is this the new show? They just announced bankruptcy so I assumed it would be scrapped.

Yep, new show and the tickets went live after news of the bankruptcy went out, you’d think they would have nixed sales if it wasn’t happening. If I were getting tickets, there’s no way I would do so until closer unless I felt like fighting a bankrupt company for a refund.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

That’s a pitiful amount of food for a pro athlete lol

Yeah, it can take 6,000+ calories per day to just to maintain that kind of physique during training season.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/monorailtimes/status/1278360559851843587

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Bottom Liner posted:

Disney pays for a lot of the Cirque show here. Obviously it's developed and cast/crewed by Cirque so that could be an issue, but like, the theater staff and such is provided by Disney, and I think the overall budget comes from Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Stealing from Disney seems like stealing from the mob...

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1278446112777678848?s=21