Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Whenever Morden's not on screen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Morden should be louder, angrier, and have access to the Great Machine.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"I am sorry, my associates need me."

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Angry Salami posted:

Morden should be louder, angrier, and have access to the Great Machine.

"The Fourth Principle of Sentient Life is that you are a sucker if you fall for the Third Principle."

Although I think Morden would have self-destructed the Machine after his second conversation with Zathras.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Narsham posted:

"The Fourth Principle of Sentient Life is that you are a sucker if you fall for the Third Principle."

Although I think Morden would have self-destructed the Machine after his second conversation with Zathras.

Why? No one listens to Zathras.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

We’re recording our final episode of The Name of the Pod tomorrow, our wrap up looking back at the full scope of B5 and our 3 year podcast run. If anyone has any questions or topics that you’d like to hear us blather about let me know.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

head58 posted:

We’re recording our final episode of The Name of the Pod tomorrow, our wrap up looking back at the full scope of B5 and our 3 year podcast run. If anyone has any questions or topics that you’d like to hear us blather about let me know.

Can you make sure that you thoroughly cover Babylon 5s enduring legacy and place in history? Would also be good if you could do another recasting if it were prestige TV filmed today.

Plus bring back recordings of Max to interrupt you periodically. That cat sure has input.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Narsham posted:

The first two Principles of Sentient Life are that you do not talk about Sentient Life Club.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Help my dumb brain out here folks - which episode was it where Sheridan (I think it was him and not Sinclair) and Ivanova are at a meeting of complaining workers or ship captains or something and Sheridan (?) makes everyone shut up by wading into the crowd with a gun?

e: got it, A Day in the Strife.

head58 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 2, 2020

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

The_Doctor posted:

S2ep10 GROPOS

There’s been a repeated plot point of Earthforce and Earthgov continuing to poo poo on the station, using and abusing the crew and facilities, and not ever seem appreciative of what it is they’re doing out there. I can’t help but wonder if that’s intentional, and there’ll be a sea change at some point.

:allears:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lmao came here to post just that

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
The newbie thread is a delight. Would it be a spoiler if I gave myself the Marcus/Lennier in a car avatar? That was my original plan, hence the name, but since the one guy is just a sweetie-pie about Lennier and I'd like to post in that thread, well, I wanted to ask for your thoughts?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Incelshok Na posted:

The newbie thread is a delight. Would it be a spoiler if I gave myself the Marcus/Lennier in a car avatar? That was my original plan, hence the name, but since the one guy is just a sweetie-pie about Lennier and I'd like to post in that thread, well, I wanted to ask for your thoughts?

That depends. Who were you before the re-reg?

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Jedit posted:

That depends. Who were you before the re-reg?

I'm obviously Jon Pop, Mr proud Lowtax supporter.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Incelshok Na posted:

I'm obviously Jon Pop, Mr proud Lowtax supporter.

I've been waiting for someone to comment on my (year old) avatar text. I never thought it would be someone who just happily paid Lowtax $10 for the privilege of mocking me because I won't pay him $5.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Is this a bottle episode?

Because "not doing the right thing" in spite of people it hurts vs "doing the right thing" though it may be of negligible benefit to bad faith actors is absolutely relevant to the ethos of B5.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

what, specifically, is the "right thing" referred to in this scenario?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jedit posted:

I've been waiting for someone to comment on my (year old) avatar text. I never thought it would be someone who just happily paid Lowtax $10 for the privilege of mocking me because I won't pay him $5.

You could ask one of the mods to just nix that for you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CainFortea posted:

You could ask one of the mods to just nix that for you.

I've asked for reversions a couple of times before. I'll probably drop $5 to alter it after the deal is signed off.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Incelshok Na posted:

I wouldn’t do it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Midjack posted:

I wouldn’t do it.

Yea, most folks understand not paying for removals right now. It's just kind of assumed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Yea, most folks understand not paying for removals right now. It's just kind of assumed.

I was advising the poster who is extremely excited about his new gimmick not to get an avatar alluding to events that the new watchers haven’t gotten to yet before posting in that thread.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's the photo of the actors in the car, but Marcus hasn't turned up yet?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I assume you mean this.

I mean it would be a great AV but is there anything you REALLY have to say in that thread until they get up to Marcus? If so I would wait and change it later.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Do not buy any loving thing, please, until the forum ownership change has been confirmed

tia

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Do not buy any loving thing, please, until the forum ownership change has been confirmed

tia

Agree.

Also I don't think that pic is really a spoiler, there's no context for it and it's not a spoiler to be like, there are characters on the show in the future that aren't on it right now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Agree.

Also I don't think that pic is really a spoiler, there's no context for it and it's not a spoiler to be like, there are characters on the show in the future that aren't on it right now.

The incel label being applied to Lennier and Marcus by someone who has already seen the show is somewhat telling.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Grand Fromage posted:

Agree.

I think somebody's rereg up there is concerned it might be, when combined with their name.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Just don't. If you have to ask, if you're not sure, just don't.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Someone was asking about Pat Tallman’s memoirs a few weeks ago, looks like it’s being republished with some new material: https://www.questretreats.com/pleasure-thresholds-order/

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
jesus fuckign christ, that episode where Lennier and Garibaldi fix up a bike. the effect where they drive it is easily the shittiest thing I've ever seen. What the gently caress

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

AntherUslessPoster posted:

tia

I thought that had already gone through, this is a very good point.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Midjack posted:

Someone was asking about Pat Tallman’s memoirs a few weeks ago, looks like it’s being republished with some new material: https://www.questretreats.com/pleasure-thresholds-order/

Me! Thanks! I ordered it!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

jesus fuckign christ, that episode where Lennier and Garibaldi fix up a bike. the effect where they drive it is easily the shittiest thing I've ever seen. What the gently caress

That episode was commissioned by a local LA Yamaha dealership if I remember correctly

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The effect is so awful it is hilarious. The worst VFX in the series.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Incelshok Na posted:

I thought that had already gone through, this is a very good point.

There will be a giant announcement at the top of the forums and in your bookmarks when it happens. Right now the announcement says “things are proceeding.”

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Midjack posted:

There will be a giant announcement at the top of the forums and in your bookmarks when it happens. Right now the announcement says “things are proceeding.”

Specifically, it's titled "Missouri Business Law Blog", which should tell you it'll be a while.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Doctor Zero posted:

Me! Thanks! I ordered it!

Yoink ! Gonna be some jealous nerds at work when this shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah, things are moving and there's no indications it will not happen, but I'd expect a few weeks at minimum.