Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Goon law will prevail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pretty sure those are leased vehicles. Even if he owned all of that, do you think he really has assets beyond those worth seizing? I'm not sure that we'd get enough to cover the actual attorney's fees and goons themselves would definitely only get pennies on the dollar for the fraud. I mean we could have a massive judgment against him, but that would be about it. Unless lowtax actually has millions of dollars stashed away, it doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort.

did not think I would need to identify that as copy paste

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

terrorist ambulance posted:

Could we.get a link? I wanna see the evaluation of how good an idea it is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

terrorist ambulance posted:

It did seem a little out of place. I'm all out of sorts at the moment and whiffed on the joke.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Pierce the corporate veil and seize the forums? Or perhaps his secret supply of smilies? Repossess his bionic spine? Course, word is that the State of Missouri is going to have priority lien, no doubt.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Would be classic to write the “Dear Richard” demand letter though

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
wonder where euronymous is these days

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Euphronius? He still posts in c-spam and tff all the time.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
and the NFC East thread where he bitches about the Eagles and Carson Wentz

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
who are you, that do not know your history?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

looks like he was permaed before i joined.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Oregon just approved Diploma Privledge. As usual it's the consumers of legal services who are going to be hurt the most! According to my schools Themis rep, the bar exam is the only time people actually learn the law!

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

sullat posted:

Pierce the corporate veil and seize the forums? Or perhaps his secret supply of smilies? Repossess his bionic spine? Course, word is that the State of Missouri is going to have priority lien, no doubt.

Said this before on discord but due diligence on SomethingAwful LLC would be a trip. Was the LLC set up properly? Are there articles of incorporation? Does Lowtax even own 100% of the LLC? Are there any debts/liens against the company? Any tax issues? Are the forums even owned by the LLC? What happens to the grenade logo? Frontpage? The various videos done by Lowtax over the years?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Soothing Vapors posted:

wonder where euronymous is these days

where you should be (in my bed)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
You've probably seen these two ambulance chasers.

They hired a real life Saul Goodman to defend them.

quote:

Albert S. Watkins, the founding member and senior counsel with the firm is, quite candidly, beyond description. As lead counsel in countless cases garnering both national and international attention, Albert S. Watkins has demonstrated unrelenting trial skills which have rendered witnesses subjected to his cross examination incapable of speaking; caused multinational billion dollar companies and their teams of legal counsel to capitulate; and otherwise garner favorable media attention for even the most disgraced clients. Opposing counsel in the infamous The North Face Apparel Co. v. The South Butt case described the most dangerous place in the world as being the space “between Al Watkins and a microphone.”

Self-centered, egotistical, and a self-proclaimed expert in all matters, Watkins is unabashed about bringing to the public eye the irreconcilable nature of a position taken by an adversary in a case. A founding member of the Board of Directors of the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform with former U.S. Attorneys General Edwin Meese and Dick Thornburgh, Watkins worked to facilitate tort reform legislation in the United States. Refusing to wither in the face of daunting opposition, Watkins pushed back on behalf of Major League Baseball star Jack Clark when Clark was sued by baseball legend Albert Pujols after asserting the latter used steroids or performance enhancing drugs, publicly challenging the Dominican born to take a lie detector test. In State of Missouri v. James Strughold, Watkins successfully defended a white elementary school principal accused of felonious sexual misconduct involving ten African American third-grade students. The principal was fully acquitted of all charges following two full jury trials.

When the Obama mask wearing rodeo clown appeared at a state fair in Missouri and garnered international attention for making racist comments, a school district superintendent announcing the rodeo was erroneously named as the maker of the offending comments. Watkins not only reversed a global media error in attribution, including front page clarification in the Habana, Cuba state owned paper, but he brought to the fore the counterintuitive prioritization by the media of inconsequential minutia while the world erupts around them.

In Hammon v. Harris, Watkins garnered the first verdict of its kind against a young female who falsely accused a policeman of engaging in sexual relations and snorting cocaine with a female patron of a restaurant at which the policeman was working a security shift. When the defendant would not appear for her deposition, Watkins procured an order mandating the woman be brought into custody and held in jail pending her deposition. During the ensuing video deposition, Watkins swiftly got the woman to confess and admit the allegations were false. The video deposition swiftly became an internet sensation. A six-figure judgment was entered in favor of the policeman. The woman committed suicide thereafter.

Watkins is known for his attention to detail and his intimate familiarity with all aspects of the financial industries. He is engaged to demonstrate his advocacy skills in courtrooms throughout the United States and is called upon to serve as a color commentator on legal issues and cases by national television networks.

A radio personality in his own right, Watkins hosts his own nationally syndicated radio vignette, an eight minute show aptly called Watkins Word, in which he waxes poetically about the news and events of the day, employing a decidedly conservative Midwest American mindset, a mindset Watkins refers to as having been born of “rugged individualism.”

Watkins sold hot dogs from a cart during his undergraduate studies and proudly proclaims this undertaking “the best job” he ever had. The father of five, Watkins has no time to waste and enjoys the challenges associated with serving and addressing the needs of clients in a punctilious and committed fashion. Watkins does not hold hands well and admits to being incapable of singing “Kumbya”. A cancer survivor since 2003, Watkins is proud that “nothing scares [him] anymore.”
This is not a joke.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
im Habana Cuba

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Jesus is this dude bragging about getting a woman to commit suicide? Which admin is he?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
He's in Missouri, yeah? Maybe Jeffrey of YOSPOS could use him.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Eminent Domain posted:

Goon law will prevail.

Pickles will prevail.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gobbeldygook posted:

This is not a joke.

"and otherwise garner favorable media attention for even the most disgraced clients."

Maybe they stopped reading there and picked up the phone.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vox Nihili posted:

"and otherwise garner favorable media attention for even the most disgraced clients."

Maybe they stopped reading there and picked up the phone.

I'm sure they know him personally. I'll bet he's the Bastard of St. Louis. (or thinks he is and they're too dumb to see it)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
PI lawyers hiring tort reform people. . .

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

This is not a joke.

Bragging about making someone commit suicide is a weird flex.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Where did he go to law school?

Wash U? Does he have the emails?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Where did he go to law school?

Wash U? Does he have the emails?
No, SLU.

Answering this took me to his Linkedin which notes that he has published two children's books.

quote:

The Siblings Four
Floppinfish Publishing Co. Ltd. Books for Young Readers2009
The otherwise blissfully curious world of three brothers is turned upside-down by the addition of a dog, a sister, and a train ride West. In this tale of transition and accepting what changes it may bring, Albert S. Watkins collaborates for a second time with illustrator Eugene V. Smith.

The Brothers Three
Floppinfish Publishing Co. Ltd. Books for Young Readers2004
The Brothers Three permits us to reflect on the simple proposition that you never know until you get there. In his first book, Albert S. Watkins grants us entry into the lives of an adventuresome trio of brothers, Jack, Tim and Alvin, as they investigate the nuances of the Big City in a wonderful testament to the power of imagination. An unchartered trip into the winter world of high rises and urban treasures transports the three brothers and the readers into the very real world of make believe. A poignant tale for the young and the young at heart.
Neither have any reviews on Amazon.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
The Sisters Two

Just Me

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Glad to join this thread, mostly because for catching up on the Toona saga on the front page. It made it, and generally me being on SA, worth it.

E: sorry about yr cat Toona

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 1, 2020

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Christ. St. Louis gun Karen is on the Missouri Bar Association's ethics panel.

Come on.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

She will force you to comply with your ethical responsibilities by any means necessary.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Eminent Domain posted:

She will force you to comply with your ethical responsibilities by any means necessary.

With extreme prejudice.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Christ. St. Louis gun Karen is on the Missouri Bar Association's ethics panel.

Come on.

Pointing a firearm is a criminal offence. She should be charged.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
My favorite part of the gun pointing lawyers is all the overlapping damage they've done to themselves. If they're charged, they'll lose their law license(s) and their firm will go under. If they're not charged, they could still be disciplined by the bar and eat a big hit to their firm, maybe bad enough that they fold it up since they're already old and rich. So all their staff and associates (if they have any) are hosed. Even if they're not charged or disciplined, they're personal injury lawyers. I imagine a large percentage of the client base for personal injury firms in St. Louis is black folks. Those clients and competitor firms will dine on this story for years.

I bet they squirm out of getting charged and say the guns weren't loaded.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

My favorite part of the gun pointing lawyers is all the overlapping damage they've done to themselves. If they're charged, they'll lose their law license(s) and their firm will go under. If they're not charged, they could still be disciplined by the bar and eat a big hit to their firm, maybe bad enough that they fold it up since they're already old and rich. So all their staff and associates (if they have any) are hosed. Even if they're not charged or disciplined, they're personal injury lawyers. I imagine a large percentage of the client base for personal injury firms in St. Louis is black folks. Those clients and competitor firms will dine on this story for years.

https://twitter.com/stltoday/status/1278168891013967872?s=19

They also refuse to shut the gently caress up

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Look Sir Droids posted:

Honestly, I doubt they will face any formal consequences beyond the bad publicity.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Lol there you go, smart guy. Keep it in the news cycle so we can't forget how much of an rear end in a top hat you are.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

therobit posted:

Lol there you go, smart guy. Keep it in the news cycle so we can't forget how much of an rear end in a top hat you are.

Apparently his attorney who bragged about causing a suicide uses the Michael Cohen method of creating so much unsworn testimony that it's impossible for OC to prepare for trial.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Look Sir Droids posted:

Story I read say they were on a private street and that the protestors were technically trespassing by being out front. Provided all of that is true I don't really know what else actually could be done at this point.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Grip it and rip it posted:

Story I read say they were on a private street and that the protestors were technically trespassing by being out front. Provided all of that is true I don't really know what else actually could be done at this point.
https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1277509594051416070
https://twitter.com/TrueFreedom626/status/1277713702679019520

Whether the road and sidewalk are private or public is disputed.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Guess that's why they hired the suicide attorney.

In other news, it seems like all the class of 2020 gradates are up in arms, trying to escape their due hazing via the bar. A petition here in Colorado collected a couple hundred signatures in less than 18 hours and it seems all of my classmates have gone from studying to posting relentlessly on social media about wanting diploma privilege.

On the flip side there is a rumor going around that new placements at work won't happen until January at the earliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Grip it and rip it posted:

Wait what? In my lawyer thread? You can't use deadly force to defend your property. Didn't you read the spring gun case?